THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The keys is unique.....it is island tradition for both families to hand down a silver set to there children upon marriage. So its a rich tradition for the conchs/locals. We still eat big holiday meals with a 150 year old set of silverware. How does so much silverware get scattered over the bush....one easy answer....HURRICANES !! Same story for the Bahamas. The difference is the silverware I find here in the keys shows little ware and tear....the ones in the Bahamas always seem to show extreme ware, they used there's every day

I can imagine if a hurricane is doing its job and life is in peril, the silverware isn't going to be on the top rung list of saving ones butt.
I have found more little salt spoons than anything else. We use 4 daily for various things, even Max has one in his jar of powder.
Then again he's special. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Don't know the dimensions of that ring but I've found quite a few hollow rings like that. I came to the conclusion that they were probably loops for curtain rods.

This one would make to the second joint of the little finger. Too small for a curtain ring.
I'm going with "cheap skate fellow gave the Ms a ring-well dear that's what they call white gold."

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just sent a check out for a new helmet! :D

It is just a black shell, but the inside is stamped ET62 (Maker mark and my size) and 832 (lot number). The lot numbers' other brethren, lot number 830, 831 and 835 are all Single Decal Luftwaffe helmets. They were painted Feldgrau (Field Gray), and had a single Luftwaffe decal. After the war it was sent to Czechoslovakia to be used in the fire service, which is why it was painted black. It is in super condition, and I plan on repainting it back to WWII specs, adding a decal, liner and chinstrap, and restoring it back to what it used to be. I'll make a YouTube video about it as well. At the very end, I'll paint my last name on the inside of the rim like all WWII soldiers did. (I have a German last name, so it fits).

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It is just a black shell, but the inside is stamped ET62 (Maker mark and my size) and 832 (lot number). The lot numbers' other brethren, lot number 830, 831 and 835 are all Single Decal Luftwaffe helmets. They were painted Feldgrau (Field Gray), and had a single Luftwaffe decal. After the war it was sent to Czechoslovakia to be used in the fire service, which is why it was painted black. It is in super condition, and I plan on repainting it back to WWII specs, adding a decal, liner and chinstrap, and restoring it back to what it used to be. I'll make a YouTube video about it as well. At the very end, I'll paint my last name on the inside of the rim like all WWII soldiers did. (I have a German last name, so it fits).

I'd be interested in watching a video of the start to completed project.
Best of luck on the restoration project.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This certainly sounds like a winter 'rusteration' project Ethan, love to see the before & after pics. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you watch the one where I removed postwar paint from a WWII helmet?

No I didn't know that you did one, or spaced the the up.
If you do another link, I will have a watch.
Promise.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keeping it simple for supper some Italian style stuffed peppers. We used some Italian sausage meat, rice, onions, etc...and some of our home made pasta sauce.

I'll slice up some cukes from the garden on the side.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20200812_182700.jpg
Lesson 2 don't plant near anything else.
The squash plants are going rogue.
There's some nice looking squash sizing up now.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Any of the vinning plants tend to eat up a lot of space. If you have a fence or trellis set up it's easier to keep them controlled.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enough Tnet fun for today for me.

Time to get horizontal.

G night crew.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the two potato plants died/dried back completely .
Dug one potato bout the size of an egg. There was another smaller than a marble near it.
Guess no root cellar is needed this month.:laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No I didn't know that you did one, or spaced the the up.
If you do another link, I will have a watch.
Promise.

Here it is. It's horrible, but next video I'm going to try and throw in some authentic WWII footage. And Aces High March

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Gardening is a bit of a hit or miss thing. Some things grown great other things less so.

One of the two potato plants died/dried back completely .
Dug one potato bout the size of an egg. There was another smaller than a marble near it.
Guess no root cellar is needed this month.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions