THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart... I think you are taking this wood working thing a little far... wood drink stirrers ehhh.

(I know I know... quoted picture... Bah ! once in awhile wont hurt )
In a snow flake mug at that......

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Guys.
The wife woke me up at 3:30am, told me to turn over because I was snoring, I couldn't get back to sleep after that.

I'm hoping the snow that fell yesterday will melt today, as I'm supposed to go detecting tomorrow afternoon. :dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gee after the rum going ons last night, this tune popped in to my mind.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Guys.
The wife woke me up at 3:30am, told me to turn over because I was snoring, I couldn't get back to sleep after that.

I'm hoping the snow that fell yesterday will melt today, as I'm supposed to go detecting tomorrow afternoon. :dontknow:

Sawing lumber were you, never good to get the elbow reminder.

So did you snow blow or just letting nature take it's coarse?

We had about 2", the gravel was already showing through where I had driven by the end of the day. Probably be gone by the end of the today.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some history of the bagel.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-true-origins-of-the-everything-bagel?utm_source=pocket-newtab[/QUOTE]

That was a very interesting read Bill… and here I always thought bagels were invented in Montréal. :laughing7:

On the menu tonight...

Grilled cheese royal'e.

Dipped in ketchup.... my favorite... if ya haven't had it... your missing out.

This has been our daughter’s favourite go-to meal since she was born. My grandmother who was from Ireland used to make it for my Mom who made it for me… and so on and so on.
And yes, the only officially approved sauce for dipping grilled cheese in is Heinz Ketchup. :thumbsup:

Ps. We had cream of turkey and mashed potatoes tonight.

Sounds delicious WD. :hello2:
Our favourite winter warm-up meal is my home-made Sheppard’s Pie. I learned this recipe from my Mom, who learned it from her Mom.
I’ve changed it up a little though, as I add 1.5 cups of beef broth to the beef before I bung everything in the oven. :tongue3:

For dinner. Called in pizza thin crust with cheese, bell pepper and black olives. Sadie went crazy on the way back to the village. Yep.

This is our favourite meal every other Saturday night RC. I buy a gluten & dairy-free pizza for my wife at the grocery store, and my daughter and I order a large pepperoni and black olive pizza from a family-owned pizzeria here in town. I worked in a pizza shop when I was a teen for 2 – 3 years, but these guys make some of the best pizza I’ve ever tasted… https://www.pizzamunno.com/

Rum and coke was the first rum drink I ever had. (That I know of- another story) I was 13/14 at my cousins. Snagged some rum and snagged some coke. We then ran into the woods across the street and got drunk. Oh, the street name? I-70.

Strawberry daiquiri and pina colada were my go to drinks for many years.

Mojito is a no go. Yuck ack kah kah.

My rum punch is probably a variety of the planters punch. My go to drink for a couple years now.

Where’s the Bahama momma? I can make a killer batch of those. Made myself black out once.

Eggnog tonight. Tis the season. [emoji4]

Thanks Bart. I will have to try some of those.

I laughed when I read your teenage drinking story WD, it also brought back memories of my first ‘alcohol adventure’ when I was 16. My buddy had grabbed a bottle of vodka from his Dad’s liquor cabinet and I brought over a quart of orange juice. All I remember from that night is barfing onto the bushes over his parent's front porch railing. At his Dad’s request, I had to go back the next day and hose off the bushes and their front porch. To this day, I still can’t stomach vodka and orange. I had a similar experience with tequila when I was backpacking in Vancouver, BC in 1984… but that story's for another post. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sawing lumber were you, never good to get the elbow reminder.

So did you snow blow or just letting nature take it's coarse?

We had about 2", the gravel was already showing through where I had driven by the end of the day. Probably be gone by the end of the today.

My wife likes to drum her fingers on my back or chest when I'm snoring, it always has the effect of freaking me out in my sleep.
I use an appliance called a Snore Guard to help with my snoring, but it needs to be replaced every 3 months... time for a new one I think. :laughing7:

We received about 4" of heavy wet snow overnight yesterday Jim and yes, I used the snowblower. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 6000199151058.jpg
    6000199151058.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 15

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Not exactly a tongue twister but, I'll leave y'all with this thought to chew on.

G'night folks!

Sure glad I waited to listen to that until this morning. I wouldn’t have been able to fall asleep last night with my brain trying to figure that out.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning WD
Never expected to see you up so early - after a R/R/R last night.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My bosses grand son and my spearfishing prtoge was out among men in the biggest surf in 20 years...maybe ever at mavericks. The whole pacific is in the midst of all time epic super swell for the last week. He's off to Hawaii today to catch the tail end of the swell.

This spot has killed several greats...its not for the meak.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds delicious WD. :hello2:
Our favourite winter warm-up meal is my home-made Sheppard’s Pie. I learned this recipe from my Mom, who learned it from her Mom.
I’ve changed it up a little though, as I dd 1.5 cups of beef broth to the beef before I bung everything in the oven. :tongue3:

Never had Shepherd's Pie. Recipe?

And how do you "bung everything in the oven?" may be a translation kerfuffle or leftover rum brain or something, but that sounds mighty flipping kinky. :tongue3:

I laughed when I read your teenage drinking story WD, it also brought back memories of my first ‘alcohol adventure’ when I was 16. My buddy had grabbed a bottle of vodka from his Dad’s liquor cabinet and I brought over a quart of orange juice. All I remember from that night is barfing onto the bushes over his parent's front porch railing. At his Dad’s request, I had to go back the next day and hose off the bushes and their front porch. To this day, I still can’t stomach vodka and orange. I had a similar experience with tequila when I was backpacking in Vancouver, BC in 1984… but that story's for another post. :laughing7:

Ah yes, learning the limits was a challenge. It took about 10 years for me to drink a strawberry daiquiri after my over the limit experience.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD....you should work on a sheperds pie for MR WD....I think you would be showered with praise and applause!! Plus your gonna love it too !! One of my favorites dave :headbang:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

My wife likes to drum her fingers on my back or chest when I'm snoring, it always has the effect of freaking me out in my sleep.
I use an appliance called a Snore Guard to help with my snoring, but it needs to be replaced every 3 months... time for a new one I think. :laughing7:

My hubby has been on one of those CPAP machines for a few years now. It may be better for him by getting oxygen, but it is just as bad, if not worse for me! That thing gets so loud! And he still snores and snarks, which makes the machine ramp up even louder. I got into the habit of putting a pillow over my head to deaden the noise. One early morning I woke up having this nightmare that I was drowning and I really couldn't breathe. Darn near snuffed myself out. So I sleep on the couch a lot, now.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning WD
Never expected to see you up so early - after a R/R/R last night.
Good morning, Pepper.
Well, I don't get off the hook that easily. Coffee still needs to me brewed and an egg still needs to be fried for the man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread