THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone make Banana pancakes?

Ripe banana, egg that's all.

It was a staple of the diet from the street venders in SE Asia while backpacking.
They could slice up a banana using the underside of the skin as protection from touching the fruit, crack the egg without touching, high heat killed anything else.
Yummy-we use up the ripe bananas to this day doing the same recipe-yummy! :tongue3:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
ARC, or anyone that knows about diving. What can people who have to wear glasses get /use for a snorkeling mask or dive mask?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
To me that yearly fee is a ransom to have your freedom of speech restored. 25 dollars to talk about politics ? On a treasure site ? 25 dollars to be able to buy and sell ? 25 dollars to have ad free access ? I dont get it ? Thats thats charging me for whats already free here in the U.S.A.

View attachment 1900153
Read #16 carefully.....even your 25 dollars can't buy the rights to your own content back !! It is what it is....something to ponder ?

It’s only $20.00. And to me, it’s more than being able to talk politics. To me it’s about supporting a site that provides a platform to discuss and learn about the various treasure hunting hobbies. I don’t talk much in the charter members only forums. I have before, don’t get me wrong. There are advantages and I just feel it is worth it for me. Besides some pirates (I won’t mention any names ARC) I have to keep a weathered eye on because they talk smack about the piratesses. But it is a choice. I choose to and you choose not to. It’s all good.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone make Banana pancakes?

Ripe banana, egg that's all.

It was a staple of the diet from the street venders in SE Asia while backpacking.
They could slice up a banana using the underside of the skin as protection from touching the fruit, crack the egg without touching, high heat killed anything else.
Yummy-we use up the ripe bananas to this day doing the same recipe-yummy! :tongue3:

That’s it? Just banana and egg. Hmmm I should be able to pull that off.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning WD and RC. You gonna do some snorkeling WD?

Well we have been talking about dive classes. We are not getting any younger, ya know. Getting ready to go check the training facility now. I have been snorkeling a couple times. I struggled big time without my glasses on. There’s got to be some kind of fix for that.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well we have been talking about dive classes. We are not getting any younger, ya know. Getting ready to go check the training facility now. I have been snorkeling a couple times. I struggled big time without my glasses on. There’s got to be some kind of fix for that.

You can get a prescription dive mask. A buddy of mine uses one.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 mutton snappers on the bottom...just legal size....nothing on top. We had a giant storm knock us out at 1:00 pm....to much rain and lightning so we came in. Our sister boat is still out there....no report yet.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes WD....you can purchase a dive mask with prescription lenses at most reputable dive shops....if you know your prescription you might be able to oder one...but you should try them on for comfort and fit first, so you might want to go and get one in person.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the menu for tonight. I'll saute some frozen kale from our garden with some garlic and olive oil and mashed potatoes.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have any idea on cost?

"They" told us today that it is about as much as a new set of glasses. Said it would be cheaper for us to try and get contacts. We decided to try things out first and then decide if we need to do anything. Apparently with dive masks there is 25% magnification.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multi cert P.A.D.I. here.