THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much for your thoughts regarding the Somero opportunity Jim, Bill and Bart... onto the next interview. :laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I took a spill water skiing at 65-70 mph.Passing my boat(on a left-hand turn) that had a top speed of 60 like it was standing still .Skipped like a stone for what felt like forever before I sunk into the water.That hurt like hell, can't imagine doing that on pavement. :BangHead::dontknow:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Antiquarian,
Sorry to hear that about Somero. Hopefully Generac hires you. I was thinking about that the other day when you mentioned they contacted you again. When we lost power last week, I was very thankful for our generac.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Geezy Pete’s! Looks like one could be decapitated.
Looking at that pic-me thinking if their head was up their rump----oh my! It's a goner already!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ck this baby out :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope....only boats for me !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210219_200856.jpg
Arrrrgh...those 2 were in the same hole for me 5 years ago.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
058E2531-7E26-45B0-AE22-0750C43424D5.jpeg GMorn, 9 above and going to be 40 again, calling for some moisture too. The tundra turns to mucky sloppy sandy mess. It’s how we get it here in the great American desert.
I have a seadoo side by side jet ski boat. Dual engines and all the pull toys. I can skip you across the water if you want a ride. Those sidecars kind of remind me of summer.
Its not easy being the best uncle on the lake but it sure is fun trying...

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to upgrade !! 20210220_102937.jpg got to go talk to the jeweler.

Maybe a nice gold bezel with an emerald accent somewhere.....wooo hoooo !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I consider all you good folks on here to be my friends, so I want to share a letter with you that I received this past week. :sadsmiley:

Tuesday February 16, 2021

Dear David,

We regret to inform you that we are withdrawing our offer of employment to you for the Somero North ULC Territory Manager role as we have decided to make a change in our business strategy with regards to sales in Canada. As such, we will not be making any direct hires within Canada at this time.

We appreciate the time you have invested in pursuing this opportunity with us and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Kindest regards,

Jennifer Oliver
Director of Legal Services & Corp Affairs
Mgr Human Resources & Investor Relations

This letter came out-of-nowhere two weeks after the job was offered and I accepted.
What I would like to know is... how can a company that you interview with in good faith for 2 months do this to somebody? :icon_scratch:

The week did end on a positive note though, yesterday I received an email from Generac Power Systems asking me to re-interview for the position of Market Development Manager - Canada.
If you recall, I had two interviews for this position back in October, but I never heard anything after that.

I did some homework on Somero...
I'm not one for burning bridges in industrial/or jobs in general. That's led to being rehired repeatedly. And jobs I wasn't interviewed for vs companies.
Tempting sometimes to get annoyed though.
I half joke when writing that you should bill (through a legal letter) Somero for a years wages and benefit value as severance pay....
After all they wouldn't screw a customer that way , or tolerate an employee doing so.

They could be testing you for your reaction . But more likely they are moving/actioned by a wobbly committee.
Thier P.R. seems disjointed. But then, I'm a picky , sometimes too critical reader of formal stuff.

Onward. Next!
We'll see if you let Generac have a shot at your talent and allow them your involvement.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
That is really neat pendant. Did it get out of round when ship wreck or in the recovery or all the above? If have the time tell about finding it. I like squash blossoms from south west too.
I watched a guy on utube explain and fire noon cannon. He used a “black cat firecracker” and than the mag glass lit the fuse, pow. I want one.
There is like 10 other questions I have but baby cannons have taken over. I started a lost wax casting class a year ago and went to one and than the virus stopped it. I’m going to call and get back on track this next week!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are not gonna believe this !!.... I just got permission next week to go and hunt private property where cobbs were found for sure 100% in 1990s. And get this !!!!! There digging to Caprock just like the other spot.....it gets better....nothing has been hauled away. Its all there on site pushed around, and in piles !! WTF !! someone is sending me signs. Last summer I did my first shallow water search in front of the property in the ocean. Phips folly, islamoradamark, and I hit it hard and came up short....since then there was hurricane Eta. Everything has been washed out so there renourishing and building up. Another epic opportunity at one of the raft beaching sites for the 1733 fleet !! Wooo hooo im outta here....there could still be treasure at the other site !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are not gonna believe this !!.... I just got permission next week to go and hunt private property where cobbs were found for sure 100% in 1990s. And get this !!!!! There digging to Caprock just like the other spot.....it gets better....nothing has been hauled away. Its all there on site pushed around, and in piles !! WTF !! someone is sending me signs. Last summer I did my first shallow water search in front of the property in the ocean. Phips folly, islamoradamark, and I hit it hard and came up short....since then there was hurricane Eta. Everything has been washed out so there renourishing and building up. Another epic opportunity at one of the raft beaching sites for the 1733 fleet !! Wooo hooo im outta here....there could still be treasure at the other site !!

That's great! Wish you the best! You are going to get us northerners so fired up for spring digging!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It just keeps getting better for this early season Bart.
Now I wonder about this: "Its all there on site pushed around, and in piles !! WTF !!"

You get there and there's piles everywhere-from where?
Well that's where the dump trucks dumps from the other site.

Now that would be down right weirdly awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread