THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noah..now you know what to look for....ugly little square chunks of metal. The weight is the real giveaway....they almost feel as heavy as lead. Usually you'll see a faint cross or other marks. There dull and dark is with sand stuck to them. Keep it all and look closely after your done !!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noah..now you know what to look for....ugly little square chunks of metal. The weight is the real giveaway....they almost feel as heavy as lead. Usually you'll see a faint cross or other marks. There dull and dark is with sand stuck to them. Keep it all and look closely after your done !!
Will do! ...up here our silvers come out of that rich black field dirt looking pretty much new, when we find silver there's no question about it! Me mum says she wants to spend as much time as possible at the beach (woohoo!) so hopefully I'll have a solid week (at least like 5-6 days) of detecting, I'll be out there as much as possible. Do you think it would be worth it to acquire a sand scoop?

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup....sure couldn't hurt. I don't use one much but sometime I wish I did !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gnight whadi....sleep tight !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noah your making me want to go on a hunt up there. I like staying at the driftwood Inn. It was expensive though.....we moved down the beach to the reef ocean resort....it was more affordable, and basically only a block away from each other. I could walk right to Riomar Beach, one of the wrecks is there .many great finds have been made there.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and good morning to all !! Wind is howling down here....getting stronger and stronger

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got gas in the truck .Its gone up 60 cents w/in the last 6 weeks.Attendant said they have been notified to expect close to $5.00 per gal. by summer,its now at $2.49 per gal.

As of yesterday we were paying $1.20 litre which works out to be $4.54 us gal.

We'd all be so happy up here if those were the prices.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Antiquarian,
Sorry to hear that about Somero. Hopefully Generac hires you. I was thinking about that the other day when you mentioned they contacted you again. When we lost power last week, I was very thankful for our Generac.
Thank you WD. I’ll be honest, I was somewhat relieved when Generac emailed me on Friday night inviting me for a phone interview. I was even more surprised when I got another email yesterday morning from Stanley Infrastructure, they’re the Industrial Division of Black & Decker.

The position with Generac is for Market Development Manager — Canada, Industrial Power Division.
The position with Stanley is for Territory Manager - Eastern Canada Region.

I’ll post a couple of links here for those of you who are interested.

https://www.generac.com/industrial/

https://www.stanleyinfrastructure.com/

I did some homework on Somero...
I'm not one for burning bridges in industrial/or jobs in general. That's led to being rehired repeatedly. And jobs I wasn't interviewed for vs companies.
Tempting sometimes to get annoyed though.
I half joke when writing that you should bill (through a legal letter) Somero for a years wages and benefit value as severance pay....

After all they wouldn't screw a customer that way , or tolerate an employee doing so.

They could be testing you for your reaction . But more likely they are moving/actioned by a wobbly committee.
Their P.R. seems disjointed. But then, I'm a picky , sometimes too critical reader of formal stuff.

Onward. Next!
We'll see if you let Generac have a shot at your talent and allow them your involvement.
Thank you for your insight into this RC. I’ve tried to figure out exactly what happened here, but the reality is I’ll likely never know. :icon_scratch:
I tend look at this type of interview experience as something that only makes me a better negotiator for these types of jobs.

You guys are not gonna believe this !!.... I just got permission next week to go and hunt private property where cobbs were found for sure 100% in 1990s. And get this !!!!! There digging to Caprock just like the other spot.....it gets better....nothing has been hauled away. Its all there on site pushed around, and in piles !! WTF !! someone is sending me signs. Last summer I did my first shallow water search in front of the property in the ocean. Phips folly, islamoradamark, and I hit it hard and came up short....since then there was hurricane Eta. Everything has been washed out so there renourishing and building up. Another epic opportunity at one of the raft beaching sites for the 1733 fleet !! Wooo hooo im outta here....there could still be treasure at the other site !!
Bart you just keep hitting the ball out of the park these days… congrats on your latest permission! :hello2:
It’s too bad I won’t be working for a company based in Florida, but sometimes things work out for a reason.
Best of luck to you on your 'private property’ hunt next week! :thumbsup:

They probably found out your pirate heritage and that you take detectors out for walks, digging up pulltabs. Embarassing......for their dainty sensibilities.

Their loss!!
I’m pretty sure that’s not the reason Whadi. :laughing7:
Although, through their background checks of my social media activity, they may have read somewhere about me whispering sweet nothings to my detector in the middle of a farm field when nobody's around.

Antiquarian, I know people that worked in Generac's shop in WI and they had good things to say about it. I don't know anything about the white collar end, but I do know that you don't get a happy shop without happy suits directing things. Best wishes.
Thanks very much for this info DS.
Through research, I’ve found employees will often post their thoughts about their employers online, especially the ones who are disgruntled about how the company treated them. The Generac company is a direct competitor to my previous employer Wacker Neuson and has actively hired ex-Wacker people since 2009. WN employees for the most part are all well-trained professionals; other companies recognize this and are very willing to interview them.

They should compensate you for the period of time you were led to believe you were hired and had ceased looking for employment based on their stating you were hired.
Thanks for your post ECS. :icon_thumright:
I see this type of life experience as being priceless. The way I look at the Somero opportunity… is it’s their loss not mine. Our daughter will be heading off to university this fall, so that just leaves my wife and me at home. Other than detecting on the weekends, all I’ve ever wanted to do is work. So, traveling every week across Canada and the US is what I’ve always done and will continue to do until I’m forced into retirement. I have no plans to retire, so as long as my health permits, I’ll work until I’m 70.

Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually an once=28.3495 grams (For some odd reason I now that one):laughing7:
Gram=15.4324grains
437.5008238x90%=393.75074142 grains

Barts works out to be 372.229488

Yeah, but what the heck is two-hundred-twenty-nine-thousand, four-hundred and eighty-eight hundred thousandths of a grain and can you find that measurement on your balance beam scale?

I just wonder how the Spainards did it. They obviously had a standard, and most likely the allowable deviation was a pretty low amount above the standard because silver is expensive. The United States of America used the Spanish dollar as the standard for our dollar, so the Spainard's standard must have been very accurate. So what was their standard?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm not sure about that...now that I have 3 pillars I have noticed some difference in the strike of the 2 1733s...they are not identical !! Possible 2 different dies !! When i get it back from the jeweler ill show you guys these subtle differences....the first one i found is a little crisper and cleaner....got a big time treasure coin guy hot for it !! Im sure ill have to come down on my number but he wants it badly !! I've searched all over and i only find one or 2 ever even photographed....1732,and 3 are the rarest of animals !! Instagram coin guys are flipping out over it !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread