THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning pirates!

Beautiful pics, OV!

RTR, that’s quite the party pontoon.

Rusty, great job on the helmet. I gave you a heart.

Love the music, all of it.

^^^ for a garage ?

Man cave/garage/hoarding depot/storage/dumping site/future wood working.
Still plugging away at it, windows and the siding to be completed this year.
Then the huge purge will happen.
Just under 16ft clear
11 20181019_112558.jpg
20181017_181609.jpg

pepperj...Nice !:)

Jim,

That's quite the sized garage/storage unit. Me and the mrs toyed with the idea of trading up to a larger house then decided against it because just more room to clutter up.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

GMorn, Roger I’ve been dreaming at your cobra some more, do you know the person with the elcamino for sale? I dream way more when awake than sleeping.

GMorn, Roger I’ve been dreaming at your cobra some more, do you know the person with the elcamino for sale? I dream way more when awake than sleeping.

LOL. Yeah he sold it w/in a few days . Get yourself a Cobra !!!

LOL. Yeah he sold it w/in a few days . Get yourself a Cobra !!!
Next time I’m in Walmart I will look at there hot wheels display, that’s where I do my best window shopping anyways. I just might come home with 3-4 new cars in my pocket...

Next time I’m in Walmart I will look at there hot wheels display, that’s where I do my best window shopping anyways. I just might come home with 3-4 new cars in my pocket...

I hear ya,I chase the dog w/this RC version:laughing9:002.JPG

DSC_0044.jpg

Some colonial coins my dad dug up years ago at a once in a lifetime site find.

DSC_0040.jpgDSC_0039.jpg

And here's my find... from a shop. :p Don't judge, I rarely get out detecting on my own! :laughing7:

This "coin" was made in 1798 as a "gaming token" though no one seems to know which game it belonged too. It is made of brass, and once upon a time it was shiny and yellow like gold. These made it into circulation every once in a while back then because it was so similar to the gold 21 shilling coin it copied. It's in fantastic condition, late colonial era, and it's got King George III on it. I like it.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, I must have woke up asleep? I must be sleep shopping.
My dad bought a new one in 1972 and than when I was at college 20 years later someone talked him out of it and pulled it out of the weeds and took it to there house.
Pep that is a nice shop, that walk in door looks like a pet door, building is soo tall. Really nice.
Ethan are you having a rug made with bob? Put some pics on your web site? I want to see plz.
OV you live in some most beautiful country, really nice. I get rejected beer from Oscar Wilde from Longmont Co. Bad cans bent. An old friend works with the automation on the canning line, a couple 3 give me good buzz.

Rusty,

Game piece or not great looking coin you made a good score.

Noah,
Congratulations on making the Garrett newsletter.

I really like the El-camino style the brother-in-law had a /59, and a later 60/early 70's model.
I "had" a /64 ranchero with a /72 torino hood design, 302 Boss, 411 rear end if I remember right. It seemed to just take for ever to get anywhere.
Just about lost her coming down out of the San Bernardino mountains one trip.
Looked out the passenger side view mirror and it looked like a roadster with the wheel on the outside on the wheel wall look.
Man that was a cool look- SNAP WTF!!!
Went cruising around corner looked out again everything looked normal-ok maybe I'm just a tad too fudged up-went around around bend in the road, looked out again and sure enough there's the wheel well past the wheel wall. I looked at the speedo-pushing 75 mph-oh-crap-new girl friends passed out, not wearing the belt even. I slowed-she woke up-freaked out-I managed to get it parked.

Towed-estimate-time down=traded for a /76 Monte Carlo= little $$$ in the pocket and a tear shed at the loss=another tear adventure in life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back