THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Just a guess but due to covid the mail order business is booming so all the courier companies as well as Canada post are probably maxed out.

Morning Bill
ot a seed order in from a supplier that is an hour away. It took Canada Post 11 days to get it here-yup it was a race between the snail and the mail.
Glad the envelopes were kept dry, because if damp gemination would of happened. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning gang :coffee2:

Big flock of robins just flew in (migrating North) .They stopped on the front lawn and just looked at each other as if to say.Who's big idea was it to fly-in today anyhow. They look really 'Pissed' :)

Saw one squawking up at the top of the star maple the other evening. Mentioned it to a buddy and he said they seem to stick around in the deep forest during the winters now.
Plain lazy(smart)-why fly all the way south-then go all the way back to find a home again.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Just a guess but due to covid the mail order business is booming so all the courier companies as well as Canada post are probably maxed out.

I'm just going to say that they probably are-but given the days of old they have it pretty easy now.
I think mine is just miffed at loosing the milage snippet on using the private vehicle now that they have a regular postal van.
Have to treat them gentlefolks easy-too many deliveries and they slow down. But they do like delivering those 8 fliers the other day........

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone. Wish me luck and say a prayer, today is attempt #2 for my drivers test.

Idea.Take em for your drivers test in the Cobra.And tell them if they don't pass ya,you'll floor it ,until they do :):laughing7::tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Idea.Take em for your drivers test in the Cobra.And tell them if they don't pass ya,you'll floor it ,until they do :):laughing7::tongue3:
Reminded me of the brother who was going to buy a new Camaro. He knew what he wanted and had read the window sticker detail for the car before we went.
So the salesman said he could drive, and I jumped in the back.
Off we went, 4 speed, burning up tires.
Salesman: "You can't be doing this!"
We proceed on the highway, down another long road and back around to the car lot.
All the guy could yell was: "You can't be doing this-stop!"
Pulled in, brother stopped looked over and said-"I'll take it ":laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I CAN'T STAND BUREAUCRACY!

I went there again today, and they pointed out on my permit that it says "Lewis county", and they won't test me until my permit says Carter county! So we went to the courthouse to get it fixed, and their computers are down AGAIN and they won't be back up until Monday. By that time I will have to reschedule for either next Friday, or even the following week!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

I went there again today, and they pointed out on my permit that it says "Lewis county", and they won't test me until my permit says Carter county! So we went to the courthouse to get it fixed, and their computers are down AGAIN and they won't be back up until Monday. By that time I will have to reschedule for either next Friday, or even the following week!

A friend drove quite a while before drivers training.
I may have . a little too.

He had an old Chevy Bellaire . His mom drove it a long time , then an older sister , then an older brother , then an older sister. Did I mention it was old? It had the original glass bottle for the windshield solvent.
We bondo'd it up. Fogged insects at start ups. Fun.
He had a paper route that used old cars too. They'd let us borrow one sometimes for football games. Or just a night out.
Stopping at few mile intervals to tighten a remaining lug nut or two was not unusual. Brakes were , brakes in the academic sense. Fun.

Anyways , my friend dropped the tranny (it puked out) out of that old Chevy just days before he got his license....I thought it was funny.
Knowing he was beating on it.

When we took our motor cycle endorsement tests and test drives on the course , how did we get the bikes to the secretary of states office?
L.o.l.. Never heard of anyone else asked how they got thier bikes there either..

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is used car salesman turned King Newsome letting you out?

on a lighter note:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend drove quite a while before drivers training.
I may have . a little too.

He had an old Chevy Bellaire . His mom drove it a long time , then an older sister , then an older brother , then an older sister. Did I mention it was old? It had the original glass bottle for the windshield solvent.
We bondo'd it up. Fogged insects at start ups. Fun.
He had a paper route that used old cars too. They'd let us borrow one sometimes for football games. Or just a night out.
Stopping at few mile intervals to tighten a remaining lug nut or two was not unusual. Brakes were , brakes in the academic sense. Fun.

Anyways , my friend dropped the tranny (it puked out) out of that old Chevy just days before he got his license....I thought it was funny.
Knowing he was beating on it.

When we took our motor cycle endorsement tests and test drives on the course , how did we get the bikes to the secretary of states office?
L.o.l.. Never heard of anyone else asked how they got thier bikes there either..

First truck I owned was a 56 Mercury pickup, and still having the learning licence I was out to have some fun.
Now the rules of the household was not to go into town, but was allowed to go to into the small hamlet. (Both very small).
Well brave silly me went to town bought a case of beer-and proceeded to be like everyone else that drove around. Cig. hanging out of the lips, stubby between the legs, stereo playing.
I was driving around a little too much an got wise to my inability to go straight, so straight home-through the yard down to the lower lane, and then do a burn out going from gravel to pavement. repeat....I was leaving longer strips going up the way on each pass.
Ok rev it up pop the clutch on the gravel to get a better run at the corner-ok out of control-hit the pavement sideways, and rolled it twice over the steep embankment ending up on the roof.
Now came the reality that I'd better get rid of a whole lot of broken browns, and get my ass up to the house.
I was woken up in the dawns early light to go explain to the nice old officer how I ended up in the cherry orchard.
"Well sir-the gas petal got stuck and it went out of control-and-and......" slowly digging myself deeper....
Cop "You were drinking"
Me "No Sir, just went out after playing Scramble with Mom, to charge the battery up-you see theres's this short"
Cop "Oh shut up before I pull you in for a breathalyzer and you'll still fail it!"
Me "Yes Sir"
Had my first 10 points and didn't have the licence yet-not that it stopped this thick head believing it was my right to do what ever I wished behind the wheel.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blaming it totally on bad influence in tunes....:laughing7:

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way......

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don,

We're starting to see the light on the virus and about time. Got my first shot of the Astra Zeneca Tuesay not the highest protection level, however, if you get infected after the fact it has the highest rating to keep you out of hospital at 94%.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cruising w/ the Cobra around the lake today , stopped at the lake park , then this came on :)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

RR
Just do what half the people in Mississippi do.Drive without a license.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
First truck I owned was a 56 Mercury pickup, and still having the learning licence I was out to have some fun.
Now the rules of the household was not to go into town, but was allowed to go to into the small hamlet. (Both very small).
Well brave silly me went to town bought a case of beer-and proceeded to be like everyone else that drove around. Cig. hanging out of the lips, stubby between the legs, stereo playing.
I was driving around a little too much an got wise to my inability to go straight, so straight home-through the yard down to the lower lane, and then do a burn out going from gravel to pavement. repeat....I was leaving longer strips going up the way on each pass.
Ok rev it up pop the clutch on the gravel to get a better run at the corner-ok out of control-hit the pavement sideways, and rolled it twice over the steep embankment ending up on the roof.
Now came the reality that I'd better get rid of a whole lot of broken browns, and get my ass up to the house.
I was woken up in the dawns early light to go explain to the nice old officer how I ended up in the cherry orchard.
"Well sir-the gas petal got stuck and it went out of control-and-and......" slowly digging myself deeper....
Cop "You were drinking"
Me "No Sir, just went out after playing Scramble with Mom, to charge the battery up-you see theres's this short"
Cop "Oh shut up before I pull you in for a breathalyzer and you'll still fail it!"
Me "Yes Sir"
Had my first 10 points and didn't have the licence yet-not that it stopped this thick head believing it was my right to do what ever I wished behind the wheel.

Shame on you....:nono:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shame on you....:nono:

Yes-I was a butt hole many times and deserved the dish that I was served.

It took years of convincing the reflection that the words of the man in robes cast down on my hearing lobes one time.
"I stated something in the manner of a excuse for one of my actions that it was my right to drive again"
I was reprimanded with " Look it here-it's a privilege to drive-not a right to drive-do I make myself clear!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread