THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning y'all
And happy 1st day of spring,finally :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Saturday!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

Haircut day today. It's been put off a long time.
I'll probably lose five pounds....

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife left for vacation with the kid....work is caught up, and I have the whole weekend.....got to plan some kind of hunt. Trying to decide on a major expedition, or a casual search ? Maybe a casual search today and a kyak mission for tomorrow !!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of these cooking videos:

My wife said she wanted a bit of peace and quiet while she cooked the dinner.

I took the battery out of the smoke alarm.

Wife left for vacation with the kid....work is caught up, and I have the whole weekend.....got to plan some kind of hunt. Trying to decide on a major expedition, or a casual search ? Maybe a casual search today and a kyak mission for tomorrow !!

The sea state here is a bit rough for too much over water work...Looks pretty rough on the Atlantic side of FLA...

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A teacher asks her class, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Little Johnny says "I wanna be a billionaire, going to the most expensive clubs, take the best girl with me, give her a Ferrari worth over a million bucks, an apartment in Hawaii, a mansion in Paris, a jet to travel through Europe, an Infinite Visa Card and to make love to her three times a day".

The teacher, shocked, and not knowing what to do with the bad behavior of the child, decides not to give importance to what he said and then continues the lesson.

"And you, Susie? " the teacher asks.

Susie says "I wanna be Johnny's girl."

This just in Mars Rover:
latest_mars_photo_155496244efeaaee155bc95f90006f3c05a71132.jpg

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I have made a lot of goose breast pastrami’s and than canned the legs in a pressure cooker. I use to guide at a goose camp 30 miles upriver from me. 5-6 gunners and me in pits along warm water sloughs. 3 goose limit and 5-6 green head mallards a day.
15-18-21 Canada geese and 30 ducks. After the second day its easy to be overwhelmed in feathers. I had brine pre made and would breast the geese out and put them in 5-7 gallon buckets to start cure. The legs, as I said before6-8 in a quart jars, 6-8 quarts a day. Pack and start cooking. At the same time a helper would be picking ducks, a rotary plucker and we saved feathers for a down comforter place. As soon as she had 6-8 done I would put in a roaster and cover with bread stuffing and that would be supper in a couple hours. The rest of the ducks got frozen or 1 Duck per mason jar and more pressure cooking. All the hearts and gizzards I saved too and cooked in every possible way you can think of, I would get so many that I also would freeze them and use for catfish bait in spring. Do all of that 3-4-5 days a week and you will have a case of duck farts believe me.
......after a couple of brine changes and than soaking in clean water after rinsing couple times they were ready for the smoker. It was the only way I could keep up and even finicky types like the little “rocks” We made.
Times change, the main guy passed away and new owners want to do it there way. THe last I heard is they donated all there birds to hunters feeding the hungry, a program of sort for hunters who don’t like eating there harvest.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...was making prosciutto with the breasts!

a program of sort for hunters who don’t like eating there harvest.

Arent they simply a killer at that point?

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
....right now in Nebraska, snow goose season. No limit, electric calls, no plug in gun, all your required to do is try and give away or just through in trash. You have to use steel shot and have to pick up from field your hunting in. Feeder pigs will eat them.
The snows are so overpopulated they are destroying the tundra that they nest on, way north. The season is a last ditch effort to try and lower the population before breeding season and we do it all over again. If you look up on www.
Lake minatate by scottsbluff is having a cholera out break as we speak. Lake is closed dead birds all over.
So what is more humane to you? Dead from a crippling no getting away from disease or Dead from a gunshot blast?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99.99 a year! I had to do it. 580 acres, 20 acre claims already sampled. With so many claims in and around Merlin and Galice Oregon, the yearly price is well worth it. The local legend Kerby Jackson is also a member!

Safe link.

Republic Mining ? Helping Miners Mine

Two new friends will be joining me... no experience yet but I will fix that!!

IMG_7812 (2).JPG

IMG_7813 (3).JPG

IMG_7814 (2).JPG

IMG_7815 (2).JPG

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having some pirogies for supper potato and mushrooms. I'll rinse off some commercial sauerkraut and cook it up with some apples and onions.

Steam some broccoli and carrots for added veggies. I think we have some sour cream in the fridge to use also.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a few grams or so and it's all payed for, best of luck.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon everyone.

I spent a day at a friends house, and we walked over 20 miles and didn't find a single deer antler. Bummer. But I did end up finding a potential metal detecting site. There is nothing but woods in t area, then all of a sudden there are thousands of daffodils all concentrated in one spot. In the midst of that spot was a "wall" of rocks and a pile of enameled cookware. I left it all there for next time.

20 miles a day, 100 push ups in two minutes, 50+- sit-ups in two minutes and ten pull ups a day, I'm on my way to lookin' good this summer :laughing7:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all!

Haircut day today. It's been put off a long time.
I'll probably lose five pounds....

I only get my hair cut once a year. Last time I got it it cut cost $8 at a flea market, so I tipped her three bucks.

I spend the savings from only getting a cut once a year on Blatz beer, so you will know me if you see me coming. Long hair, wild beard, stumbling drunk, and mumbling about blue wing teal... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread