THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much for written details on the car-but a whole lot on the dealership. :laughing7:

True black is a real hard one to keep clean-grey/white are an easy but not that eye catching colour.

Yeah .....Looking for a 'factory stock' w/no aftermarket junk,one owner(possibly 2 owners),low miles,southern car.Probably Blue or Red. Found a 1 owner car that fit that description yesterday ,but it sold the same day .:BangHead:
They only made 4,150 coups in 2011 https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/svt/mustang-cobra/2011.html

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah .....Looking for a 'factory stock' w/no aftermarket junk,one owner(possibly 2 owners),low miles,southern car.Probably Blue or Red. Found a 1 owner car that fit that description yesterday ,but it sold the same day .:BangHead:
I'm not sure if this will help the search, but it will narrow it down a tad.

There's detailers/performance shops like DeSilva/Steeda up here-as they know the customer base and seem to have a inside to the folks that are thinking about selling their car.
I know from the years that I dealt with Joe at DeSilva's many times guys would be saying the vehicle was for sale-but they did it privately at first. Didn't want the tire kickers/boosters coming around to the door.
So vehicles were sold without ever touching the public domain.
Just food for thought......

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning RCT. Almost missed role call.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning pirates and piratesses! Whew did we ever sleep in! Mr is trying to finish up the shed while I have eggs to boil and a house to decorate for tomorrow.
Bart that was a very interesting article. I wonder if any of those found coins were ever posted on Tnet?

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn everbody, ave really never gone shopping for a car, somehow. It’s always been take the first one that seems a good deal or walk. I would think you could find one in the salty north country that did get out of barn when the salt was in use but again, what do I know, I know it’s fun to follow along.
That Yacht is something else, is there a crane to put that little jet ski boat in? Could I take along a car in that spot?
My old mare is so pregnant. She is miserable. It’s kinda funny when I go check right now, no running up to get a bite of sweet feed, just walks up and groans, an Easter colt sounds good to me.
Have a great day!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GMorn everbody, ave really never gone shopping for a car, somehow. It’s always been take the first one that seems a good deal or walk. I would think you could find one in the salty north country that did get out of barn when the salt was in use but again, what do I know, I know it’s fun to follow along.
That Yacht is something else, is there a crane to put that little jet ski boat in? Could I take along a car in that spot?
My old mare is so pregnant. She is miserable. It’s kinda funny when I go check right now, no running up to get a bite of sweet feed, just walks up and groans, an Easter colt sounds good to me.
Have a great day!

Morning Fat

Oh I thought you just didn't post up the pics of the colt-no wonder she's a miserable caring the load still.
Oh maybe an Easter Colt instead of a bunny-how cool that would be. Best of luck!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning pirates and piratesses! Whew did we ever sleep in! Mr is trying to finish up the shed while I have eggs to boil and a house to decorate for tomorrow.
Bart that was a very interesting article. I wonder if any of those found coins were ever posted on Tnet?

I first read the story here....a member posted one here a few years back !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting close,except.... black is to hard to keep clean...car had 4 owners...and spent its life in the North
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...eCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST&clickType=listing

You like gold. Paint a black one. L.o.l.. (Wrong color to use for such a color over the original color. Doable , yes. Preferred , nope.)

I traded a 76 Dodge cornet (318) for a 73 Dodge half-ton (318) a friend had.
It was black , but he'd painted the lower half gold. A play on Love Over Gold. ( A Dire Straights tune.)

Love Over Gold
Dire Straits

You walk out on the high wire
You're a dancer on thin ice
You pay no heed to the danger
And less to advice
Your footsteps are forbidden
But with a knowledge of your sin
You throw your love to all the strangers
And caution to the wind
And you go dancing through doorways
Just to see what you will find
Leaving nothing to interfere
With the crazy balance of your mind
And when you finally reappear
At the place where you came in
You've thrown your love to all the strangers
And caution to the wind
It takes love over gold
And mind over matter
To do what you do that you must
When the things that you hold
Can fall and be shattered
Or run through your fingers like dust

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay all you gear headed land pirate car freak fanatics-

I just read on Zerohedge that somebody found a 1955 Porsche 550(?) in a Con-Ex type storage container. This is the same model car James Dean rode to his death in a fiery flaming ball of twisted metal, and only 90 of them were built. Supposedly this car was left in a trailer by a deceased motorcycle collecter. Been in that container for 30-35 years. Last one of these cars to action went for over four million USD.

What a find.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to budget issues...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. :censored:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pops up on our local marketplace sight. Seller claims it was a birthday present when he was 6 years old, he is now 72. 69 bucks! Immediately I tell him I'm interested.. I can always not buy it. Research tells me 325.00 on Ebay! The next day he tells me that there are a couple of people in front of me... Duh! They fail to show up! 24 inches long, Tonka pressed steel. He said there were 11 people messaging him.... You snooze, you lose!
I gave him 70.

It's on eBay now.

IMG_7910 (2).JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OV,

So if I read this correctly he took $70 and you're flipping it on Ebay for a profit? if so good move!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score OV on the great looking toy truck.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OV,

So if I read this correctly he took $70 and you're flipping it on Ebay for a profit? if so good move!

Yep! I looked at current and sold listings, condition of sold items and put 325 on it! Best offer available. I just had someone offer 300... but asked if the trailer has been repainted.... I bought it from the original owner and he said it is original. The problem with that is eBay usually takes the buyers side. The can claim item not as described up to 6 months later! I know...right?:BangHead: Sure most people are honest but that eBay policy has attracted some undesirables.

I will link my auction 12 pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114751338850

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OV,

I'd basically respond advised by the owner that it's original paint, however, sold as is with no guarantee if that's allowed by Ebay.

Well I took a look at the pictures and it's obvious it has some wear and tear my gut tells me original paint, otherwise, the owner would have repainted and you wouldn't see the missing paint sections.

Also the interior of the van has some rust showing so I'd go with original paint.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread