THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OV,

I'd basically respond advised by the owner that it's original paint, however, so old is with no guarantee if that's allowed by Ebay.

Well I took a look at the pictures and it's obvious it has some wear and tear my gut tells me original paint, otherwise, the owner would have repainted and you wouldn't see the missing paint sections.

Also the interior of the van has some rust showing so I'd go with original paint.

I agree. 100 pictures were taken narrowed down to 12. I always state see and supersize pictures. That should be the first thing as a potential buyer you would do. If that trailer was repainted they would need the stickers... stripe, ability to remove the axles/wheels...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "new" bad company. Paul Rodgers is gone. Brian Howe takes his place. Brian also was the singer on the Ted Nugent album Penetrator.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning all you Bunny and coloured egg lovers out there-Happy Easter! May you all have a great day and feast-along with a few treats to make one smile. :hello:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, ARC, Pepsters (I likes that), and the rest of me hearties!

Happy Easter Blessings to you all. Baskets are ready and house is decorated. Eggs still need coloring here. And ham needs cooked. And church services. I better hop to it.

Have a blessed day!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, ARC, Pepsters (I likes that), and the rest of me hearties!

Happy Easter Blessings to you all. Baskets are ready and house is decorated. Eggs still need coloring here. And ham needs cooked. And church services. I better hop to it.

Have a blessed day!

Morning WD
That's a busy/busy you better hop to it for sure-all the best to you and your family on this Easter Sunday.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have 550 lbs of organic layer, 12 litres of maple syrup, a few dozen eggs, 10 lbs of nuts, Jim-Jim Bars (treats), figs, bubbly, chips......
Going for the annual Easter breakfast at the farm, small event, really personal.
There will be the egg game-see who wins hitting each others egg.
All great fun-great folks-I'm sure the Mrs car is going to be complaining with the load. (spring break up the roads are going to be rough)

Return load won't be a heavy but will be many items as well.
Oh the frozen blueberry cheese cake, croissants that will be thawed out and baked fresh, ketch up, seed potatoes, nitrate free bacon, fresh lettuce greens, yogurts, cheese.

It seems that great foods really makes our world a better place.
I hear the Grandmother made up a European dessert treat---Jimmy is salivating already---

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning and Happy Easter to all

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Blessed Morning to the all gang!
Why is there soooo much more to do on a "holiday" ??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Easter my friends !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easter all!

Brace yourselves , it's story time!

At a time in my youth , Easter meant a ham.
Not just any ham. "The" ham.
When half a hog went in the freezer there were two. With one being a shoulder. Not that one. Rather ,the "real" one.
I wouldn't see it go in the oven. It's skin and most of the fats depth crosshatched into a diamond pattern and many of those diamonds hosting a clove stuck in it's center. (Don't eat the cloves , they can be toxic.)
Those diamonds after the ham was cooked were a treat better than any Easter candy. Yummm.
I'd be a child again to taste one today.....

The ham sat there while I was brought to Church and it was unattended. But I knew it was there.
Didn't it need constant tending? An occasional peek , or basting or something? What if the stove quit working? What if the ham got dry? Or perish the thought , burned?
Yet there it was on our return. Perfect.
There may have been a lesson in faith there somewhere.... L.o.l..

One particular Easter while a war raged in S.E. Asia and us being raised mature and conscious kids (expected to end up in a war, so grow up!) , we were brought to Church as usual.
Being Easter it was packed. I had no qualms about sitting in the "crier" (kind of an atrium where folks with crying babies could be out of the main mass) to accommodate the huddled masses in the main area.
I'd seen enough of the Church (a structure , I'd not adopted the idea that a Church is it's people quite yet) and the pastors , to know what I was missing.
And besides , rather than sit in crowded coach with the freshly scrubbed ,upright and attentive lest brimstone await crowd , here I could relax (out of range of a pastors stern glance should I slouch or not pay attention) and stretch my legs out in front of me.

The music was always good. A great organ and player helped. Being there was a war going on, I always thrilled to the intro on the organ to Onward Christian Soldiers. Another connection made in my youthful way , though I was aware of the spirit of being evangelical as well.

Meanwhile I must have been thinking about ham. Or just awaiting the cue to stand for a tune from the organ and must have relaxed a little too much. My eyelids may have drooped slightly and my normally attentive ears were not on guard for the slightest sound.
A bustling usher raced by in his part of passing the offering plates or something....And tripped over my well extended feet...
I may have noted an unexpected whiff of brimstone following the poor guys look. Had I a ticket to heaven in my hand , he might have contested it.

The Easter ham was as ever , perfect.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just in... 3 Easter eggs found, 18 lieutenants missing after Easter Egg hunt....

FORT HUACHUCA, Ariz. – An Easter egg hunt for students in the Military Intelligence Basic Officer Leadership Course resulted in 18 lost Lieutenants, a base-wide lock-down and search, and several dozen rancid Easter eggs, the base chaplain reported today.

“I thought an Easter egg hunt would be a treat for the new Lieutenants,” said Maj. Kenneth Raniere, Military Intelligence Center of Excellence Chaplain. “I didn’t expect that when I set up 20 dozen Easter eggs in the Wheeler Field House that more than half the LTs would wander out into the hot desert sun and never return. It defies all logic that they could go so far off course in such a controlled exercise.”

A lieutenant was found on the Mexican border sunburned, with no boots, holding a fluffy pink Easter basket and repeatedly mumbling, “I was the battalion commander at Michigan State University ROTC.”

Will provide updates as the search continues......

3 eggs found, 18 lieutenants lost at base Easter egg hunt

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread