THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people! Been a little overwhelmed lately. LOL I need a vacation!
I miss the Beeps, also. I wonder if she lost her tech device again?
My detector isn’t working and it had new batteries. I have to check it out and see if they just went bad that fast or what. I liked reading the tips on the different approaches to detecting a site. Since I mostly just detect my own property, I go at it like a drunken sailor.

That's one technique I would expect you'd be *very* good at, milady! What with all dat rum!
Screenshot_2021-03-27-23-28-12.png

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We broke in the new BBQ yesterday finally, sort of got it all together-winter came-then spring......
Did the burn off-it was up to 700F almost-right crispy sounding-lots of noises cooling down to do the burgers up.
Worked out well and we start figuring out how long it had been since we BBQ'd-14yrs. Crazy!!!
Last time was when we had the Skipperliner and had the Tim Horton BBQ win-it was used daily for everything-then we did nothing after selling it with the boat.
Oh the light switch on/off things that happen.
Well now that we broke the ice I'm sure it'll be a regular thing now.

Lots of birds have arrived back now-the feeder just stays empty all the time no matter how much I fill it seems.

MMMMMMmmm.jpg
MMmmmmmmm....BBQ'ed BIRD!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo
Everyday you'll meet quite a few
So you see, it's all up to you (ooh, ooh)
You can be better than you are (ooh, ooh, doo-doo-doo-ooh)
You could be swingin' on a star

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo"

Songwriters: Johnny Burke, James Van Heusen
For non-commercial use only.
Data From: Musixmatch

See more songs by Bing Crosby

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Tnet crew.

Off like a margarita with a wedge of an orange.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I helped my neighbor erect a post for a purple Martin house today. 24' post made out of two 2x6 laminated together with a 1x5 sandwiched between them. Put it up on a hill in front of the marsh. We dug down three and a half feet and hit water, so that's all the deeper we went. I hope this post does not slouch. There is a pulley at the top of the post, which will be attached to a winch so you can winch the Martin houses up and down. The houses need to be checked weekly in the spring to throw out any birds that ain't martins.

This is one of those "Oh boy, I hope this works!" type projects. Let's all hope the neighbor doesn't have to start chanting the ancient Buddhist mantra- "Ohhhh-S#!+..." He's gotta a lot invested so far. If I gotta climb up there for some reason, man it gives me the willies just thinking about it. :tard:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nite all! :sleepy2:

Oh! And a small question to ponder. Have you ever sent a detector in to be retuned?

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ding ding. Ding ding. One o’clock and all’s well.

Well, not exactly. Mind is racing, head hurts, ears are ringing and I can’t sleep!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was watching a video on utube . I don’t remember who’s. It was a guy digging out a colonial bottle. Very cool and I got almost as emotional as the guy was. I scrolled down to read the comments and I seen Rusty posted one. That put a smile on my face. Amazing it’s a small world even on the www.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the local Fred Meyer. a "middle aged" lady tells me... that mask is inappropriate!
I'm sorry mam was my response. So I make my retreat to find her right behind me!! Is it devil worship? No mam i respond. What is it? Oh boy.. I explain to the best of my ability... She then tells me.. My grandson listens to them!! (Iron Maiden) She stares at me I'm gettin' scared now... I think I know who you are.. she says. Take off the mask..
I do ... turns out I grew up with her son. She asks me can you reach the Au Jus on the top shelf? Sure I can I'm 6' 5" she is about 5'

I explained to her.. Mam expressing your opinion is great, I agree, but there are people in today's world that can be violent and not show the respect that you deserve.

She says that's what you are for! Yes mam. I helped her finish shopping and made sure she, and her grocery's made it safely to her car.
My Dad is 92 today is his birthday so I watch for trouble. I help all when I can.

I told her.. I'm a mask hole!!

IMG_8023 (2).JPG

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Saturday night we went out to eat with friends. One of the couples that went on the cool vacations with us. Question was which did we prefer: staying on a private island or the yacht? Ah we were reminiscing! All decided the yacht. One thing led to another and I showed them all the yacht Bart is captaining and has no crew. Mr Wd popped up and said we should all retire and be the crew for Bart. Oh blimey! We would be fired in no time! Bunch of old people who can’t stay off the rum punch! LOL

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the local Fred Meyer. a "middle aged" lady tells me... that mask is inappropriate!
I'm sorry mam was my response. So I make my retreat to find her right behind me!! Is it devil worship? No mam i respond. What is it? Oh boy.. I explain to the best of my ability... She then tells me.. My grandson listens to them!! (Iron Maiden) She stares at me I'm gettin' scared now... I think I know who you are.. she says. Take off the mask..
I do ... turns out I grew up with her son. She asks me can you reach the Au Jus on the top shelf? Sure I can I'm 6' 5" she is about 5'

I explained to her.. Mam expressing your opinion is great, I agree, but there are people in today's world that can be violent and not show the respect that you deserve.

She says that's what you are for! Yes mam. I helped her finish shopping and made sure she, and her grocery's made it safely to her car.
My Dad is 92 today is his birthday so I watch for trouble. I help all when I can.

I told her.. I'm a mask hole!!
Lmao! A mask hole!
Well kudos to you for being a respectful mask hole. The elderly don’t take no crap. There was an elderly woman I knew that someone tried to car Jack. She was non compliant. Slapping and giving him a butt chewing at the same time. He took off defeated. The cops told her she really shouldn’t do that because it could have been bad for her. She then told them what was what. Feisty generation.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My brain is slowing down and eyelids are getting heavy. Time to find a hammock. Good night OV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread