THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aaaand my cars plates are expired so it doesnt look like I'm going anywhere. :( Maybe next time.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Morning! Got a house full of Grandkids! I'm taking the 2 youngest fishing, detecting, hiking or whatever in a bit. The 3 older are attending a track meet with mom. What a fun day!

Oh that sounds like fun! I hope you all had a good hunt!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Aaaand my cars plates are expired so it doesnt look like I'm going anywhere. :( Maybe next time.

Noah, we have a grace period. You could have went.

LEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The grace period enacted for Ohio drivers with an expired license or outdated registration during the coronavirus pandemic has been extended to July 2021.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noah, we have a grace period. You could have went.

LEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The grace period enacted for Ohio drivers with an expired license or outdated registration during the coronavirus pandemic has been extended to July 2021.
I wish I would've known that earlier! we have a second car but someone else was planning on using it tonight, they decided to carpool with someone else so I still ended up being able to get a few hours of tectin in. Nothing special but I did get almost a dozen flat buttons (mostly brass but one tombac) from a place I thought was hunted out for the year so I'll call it a good day!

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I would've known that earlier! we have a second car but someone else was planning on using it tonight, they decided to carpool with someone else so I still ended up being able to get a few hours of tectin in. Nothing special but I did get almost a dozen flat buttons (mostly brass but one tombac) from a place I thought was hunted out for the year so I'll call it a good day!

I wish I had seen the post earlier. Sorry. But it worked out for you so all is well. Congratulations on the buttons. Work on getting your plates current next week. We haven’t had any issues at the bmv itself though.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have veggie casserole in the oven with ham and baked beans and fresh cauliflower. Just waiting for the rest to get here.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had seen the post earlier. Sorry. But it worked out for you so all is well. Congratulations on the buttons. Work on getting your plates current next week. We haven’t had any issues at the bmv itself though.
Thanks WD! I think I'll be good to go again by Monday or Tuesday!

Oh and have you ever dug any tombacs WD? They are one of my favorite kinds of flatbutton but it's kind of disappointing bc I always think they are silver coins at first haha.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks WD! I think I'll be good to go again by Monday or Tuesday!

Oh and have you ever dug any tombacs WD? They are one of my favorite kinds of flatbutton but it's kind of disappointing bc I always think they are silver coins at first haha.

No. I had to look it up to see what you found. You live in an area of the state that had very early activity. I found 2 buttons so far. Rc posted a link about the clam shell buttons that were made back in the day around here. You can still go to the local 5 & 10 and buy them. So, I don’t think what I found is very old. That’s on my farm.
Now the other place I hunt is the campground. Slim chance of finding any thing really old there, either.Although, it is part of the black swamp which was filled in with dirt from somewhere. But mostly pull tabs, beer caps, sinkers and clad.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. I had to look it up to see what you found. You live in an area of the state that had very early activity. I found 2 buttons so far. Rc posted a link about the clam shell buttons that were made back in the day around here. You can still go to the local 5 & 10 and buy them. So, I don’t think what I found is very old. That’s on my farm.
Now the other place I hunt is the campground. Slim chance of finding any thing really old there, either.Although, it is part of the black swamp which was filled in with dirt from somewhere. But mostly pull tabs, beer caps, sinkers and clad.
Nice, I've never found any of the clam shell ones for some reason... it's just a little odd considering the number of buttons I've turned up and the proximity not only to the lake but also to several rivers.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, upon further research, I stand corrected. The swamp was drained, not filled. Eh, slimmer chances.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning TNC. (treasurenetcrew)