THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm on my way home..something is in the road, red light flashing. As I drive over it (straddle) I guess flashlight. I figure by the time I cross the Chetco bridge, 1/4 mile long (don't ask how I know that) it will be gone. Nope! It is beat up and I can not turn it off. Channel locks and some oil fixes that. It slides open and has a bright LED light that can be adjusted. Also a red light and red flashing light. Very strong magnet on the end adjustable beam on the front. BRIGHT! Rechargeable.
Score!!!:headbang:

When is it set to blow? :tongue3:

Nice to keep one's eyes open. Decent find!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OV,

Good score on the flashlight. I pick up tons of lost stuff on my daily walks it's amazing what people just walk away from.

Free is good!

I will watch the local market place ads for a 'lost" listing. It took 2 channel locks to open the battery compartment and machine oil, thread repair etc. Lotta work for a 44 dollar light.

Ohhhhh....They make a camo version?

https://www.nebotools.com/p/SLYDE-KING-(2nd-Gen)/596

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I climbed the Martin pole the other day. We forgot the perch on top. The Martin parents need a place to stare down and threaten you when you check for neighbor's that might need to be evicted. My neighbor had already had the materials, so of course he accused me of the forgetfulness. So, up the ladder I went.

The top of the pole is 20' off the ground. We used an extension ladder. I crawled up there real ginger like and nailed that perch on above the pulley. I was praying for my life the whole time. The thing about me and heights is that it's important for me to keep my head level with the horizon. If I try to look up or down too much I get disoriented. So, when I looked down for a safe place to drop the hammer so I wouldn't have to carry it down, everything seemed okay except that when I looked back up at the ladder in front of me I was shaking like a crapping dog. Had to grab the pole to steady myself.

Pole worked good. Seems strong and stable enough.

We hung the houses around the pole and got them winched up there. Maybe a bit late for the scout martins this season, but they should come around in two, three years. No more than a decade, hopefully. House looks nice though!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Duckshot,

I can relate to the height thing....when I was a kid I'd climb probably 75' up in the pine trees like a monkey now I have a hard time climbing up on the carport roof.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I climbed the Martin pole the other day. We forgot the perch on top. The Martin parents need a place to stare down and threaten you when you check for neighbor's that might need to be evicted. My neighbor had already had the materials, so of course he accused me of the forgetfulness. So, up the ladder I went.

The top of the pole is 20' off the ground. We used an extension ladder. I crawled up there real ginger like and nailed that perch on above the pulley. I was praying for my life the whole time. The thing about me and heights is that it's important for me to keep my head level with the horizon. If I try to look up or down too much I get disoriented. So, when I looked down for a safe place to drop the hammer so I wouldn't have to carry it down, everything seemed okay except that when I looked back up at the ladder in front of me I was shaking like a crapping dog. Had to grab the pole to steady myself.

Pole worked good. Seems strong and stable enough.

We hung the houses around the pole and got them winched up there. Maybe a bit late for the scout martins this season, but they should come around in two, three years. No more than a decade, hopefully. House looks nice though!
Next time use one like mine.

201125_080627_25.jpeg
201125_080343_30.jpeg
When you get out on the end, Its a great view.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha!

I'll never forget my first ride in a boom lift. It was a Genie 120. Had it out in front of a new construction and a journeyman and me were suppose to use it to put these false handrails up there to make it look like the building had balconies. It didn't, stupid architects. Anyways the journeyman decided to take me for a ride straight up there, because I was an apprentice and you can't keep an apprentice that can't tolerate heights. So we are up there about 20' over the roof and he asks me how I'm feeling. I was plenty nervous about our counterweight sticking out in the middle of the street and told him so. "If a car hits our turret, we'll be going for a ride!" He made an abrupt correction and I almost fell over in the basket.

Then the super came in on the radio and asks us what the hell we were doing, threatened to put us back up there above the roof come February.:laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Yankees

Tommy Shaw.
Ted Nugent.
Jack Blades.
Michael Cartellone.

Respected musicians. Ted Nugent...luv that crazy guy. And for you older peeps he was in the Amboy Dukes! :laughing7: Tommy Shaw he was in a little known band..Styx!,
Jack Blades. One of my favorite bands.. Night Ranger!!

I would like Tommy's Hamer.
Mr. Nugents PRS (Paul Reed Smith) please.

Unbelievable as a super group!!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning to ya RCT:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread