THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just for equal time sake? I've had both shots. No side effects at all. :dontknow:

Just to put things into perspective-I've had no shots and I'm feeling great.:headbang:
Back to Hermitsville living under a rock in the back of the cave.................

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im half way through my vaccine program...I have taken shot #1....unfortunately ill be in the islands when im supposed to take vaccine #2. Ill ask about getting the second shot in the bahamas but will probably wait till I get back home for it. I think I would prefer not to have any shots, vaccines, or even pills at all if I could, but crossing borders and traveling to different countries its a must have. Just watched a fishing captain loose his job because he told his boss he'll no, no vaccine for me...so they fired him !! We'll see what happens ? So far I havnt had a second ***** grow out of my forehead yet !! So thats a good thing !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haaa haa.....ya im just gonna get deeper and deeper into the islands....eventually ill be out of phone distance !! Wooo hooo. Got to find some of those Bahamian pirate pieces of eight !!

Oh I tell the Mrs on the days of going hunting.

I'm going to this permission-and being in this area there's no/or sketchy cell service.......Oh my best days out alone.......

She asked me one time:" Why do you shave before you go out detecting every time?"

My response was "Well my dear-I have to be looking good for all those squirrels that will be staring at me all day long" :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im half way through my vaccine program...I have taken shot #1....unfortunately ill be in the islands when im supposed to take vaccine #2. Ill ask about getting the second shot in the bahamas but will probably wait till I get back home for it. I think I would prefer not to have any shots, vaccines, or even pills at all if I could, but crossing borders and traveling to different countries its a must have. Just watched a fishing captain loose his job because he told his boss he'll no, no vaccine for me...so they fired him !! We'll see what happens ? So far I havnt had a second ***** grow out of my forehead yet !! So thats a good thing !!

It's going to be a strange follow up around the world. Some are thinking of the second passport for the shots. Then there will a slew of wrongful dismissal suits tying up the courts for the Captains that are let go-because didn't get.
Some have the choice-of having no choice it seems-a tough choice on both sides.

Oh I'm glad I have done my travels-been there done that in life-now I'm content to live a hermit's lifestyle basically.
I'll play this one for the Mrs
She nailed it on the first few notes.....:hello2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And have a good one-everyone.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You gotta love the small town South. I was wearing my “Black Guns Matter” shirt today and if you’re from the South you know we strike up a conversation anywhere. So I pull up at the gas pump and a black fellow is pumping his gas and we locked eyes so I tell him good morning and he says good morning and then he aid my shirt was wrong it should say ALL GUNS MATTER and we both cracked up. In the rural South there’s just good and bad and the bad will get shot to protect good folk from being harmed . Love thy neighbor [emoji1317][emoji631][emoji1317]

Mornin all.

Truth: A black former co-worker and Marine asked about my weekend (this decades ago.)
I told him I'd gone to a black powder shoot.
He looked at me confused and asked , "Black Power shoot?"
L.o.l..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Then there’s that. LOL there’s a derby going on. We got to go fish!

There are fish all over the world.
Some out of reach of mobile phones.
(I averaged a call a week on Canada trips. And didn't have incoming calls from those who knew I was out , as I was fishing...)

The trick to it all is similar to hunting. Which is ,don't let fish get in the way of fishing.

Not sure what all this guy is saying , but he can cast and catch fish.
A boat would be a riot.
And stout tackle.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I didn't say anything yesterday, but we had a major disaster yesterday. We are starting into the summer season, and all the boats have a plan. The big moter yacht has been nothing but a giant headache since it arrived one year ago. So this week with a new captain a plan was made to head up north and deliver this ship from the keys to the great lakes via the st. Lawrence sea way. Thats a 4000 mile journey that takes a month to complete. Ive done that trip 7 times and I volunteered my experience to help get the boat to its destination at mackinaw Island. I was looking forward to the voyage and maybe a possible meeting with my t-net friend pepperJ. But like all things in a pirate Republic the decision was put to a vote by my peers and fellow crew mates. It was decided that I should stay south and do the summer dive and fishing program instead of the voyage north. So we imported some crew members off our 105 sailboat white hawk to fly down and help get the 112 motor yacht to the great lakes. So we helped them get untied and underway and shouted our farewells and good wishes as they left. Well they made it 100 yards out of the marina before they slowed for incoming traffic. The captains inexperience led him to slow to much....the boat lost its forward momentum and was pushed sideways by strong winds. So they went aground on the hard rock bottom at about 1030 am. I immediately got in the 1400 horse power 42 foot open fisherman and hooked up to there stern to try and pull it back into deep water. After an hour of struggling sea tow shows up with 2 tow boats. It was a failure and the falling tide made it impossible to free up. We were forced to abandon our effort until the next high tide at 1138 pm. The boat had to sit on the rocks through a whole tide cycle. So I prepared to make a final attempt at 1138 but at the last second I was able to convince the owners and attorneys that risking another one of our boats in a rescue attempt was not the best plan. I received a last second reprieve and 2 large tow boats were sent to try and free our 11 million dollar wreck. This has been one of the most disastrous years of yachting I've ever been involved with. I was so exhausted that I just went home and turned off my phone. I have no idea how everything turned out ,....and don't care if I ever see that damn motor yacht again. Im gonna finish loading for the bahamas on our 55 viking and come Saturday morning im gonna run that boat at top speed away from this sh.t show. Im gonna go to spanish wells and turn off all communication with the rest of the world. Im gonna fish the yellow fins for 4 days before I turn the phones back on. Hopefully we can stay hidden in the bahamas and as far away from that 112 footer as possible. Hopefully this disaster of a yacht will disappear forever after this fiasco !! I have actually thought about quitting.....but.....the lure of the 55 aluteian on a treasure hunting and spearfishing summer cruise has kept me here through these tough times. 6 -7 days a week is to much.....im hopeing that my bahama time will recharge my batteries...it usually does !!

Now listen close Bart , for your own good.
I want you to repeat three times an hour , (that's every twenty minutes) "I will not succumb to becoming a wrecker!"
:laughing7:

Captain got his self hung up , who's that on?

Which reminds me and I must tell it again....
Friend was out with his step daughter on his boat. An old glass job he acquired second hand (or third or fourth or..) and fixed up. Buffed it out and everything.
The backwaters of a dam and the river above it. Great spot to fish or tear around.
At a point in time where he was tearing around , a boatload of gals ran up near him. Not alongside in boat hook range but near enough to say hi.
Buddy gets on the throttle waving and smiling , (he was a fan of working motors at just shy of redlines at times) and shortly hit a sand bar so hard it broke his seat pedestal's mount and hung the boat.

His stepdaughter was near hysterics laughing so hard at his ....antics/ stupidity as he jumped in to muscle the boat off the bar.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ready to make a Gulfstream crossing tomorrow morning at 0530 am. We will slow down after crossing the little bahama bank. Once across the bank we will fish for marlin, dolphin, tuna, and most of all the wahoo this spot is known for !! The bank quickly drops into the tongue of the ocean. Water depths can exceed 12000 feet here !! This spot is called the pocket and borders my home island in the bahamas called Andros !! Always nice to fish the waters i grew up on....I know them well !! We will fish here for an hour or 2 before continuing spanish wells and eluthera. Windy days will be spent on the hunt for ambergris or at my silver beach where ive been pulling sterling flat ware for the last few years....also got a gold pocket watch and some great jewelry there too. Always dive bottles here when I can....lots of good gin bottles here !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!