THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning folks

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Truth about the balance of nature we have lots of mature trees, insects, etc....about 10 or so years ago quite a few merlin hawks have taken up residence in the area as well as the occasional coopers hawk.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...AhWJbc0KHQNOB58QjJkEegQIAxAB&biw=1201&bih=750

Urban wildlife is really a cool thing actually.
Back in the mid nineties I watched a fox from the 17th floor of our condo mousing on New Years day in the field across the street. Could see the coyotes walking down the CN tracks often using it as a corridor through the city.
Though the one that was special was this Red Tailed Hawk use to perch on our balcony rail. Once when we returned from our winters stay in FL I was cleaning up the planters we stored in the corner and there was Owl pellets along the deck along the wall.
I asked this fellow at a booth for the Natural Resources at a show and he stated that often the owl will use the same perch as the Red Tailed Hawks. Sort of a day/night shift sharing thing going on.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes good ideas. Pepperj, I already have that going on. Remember, Peyton Manning is close by. Lots of booby traps set just in case he strays over the state line.

Actually, the glass I have tumbling I plan on using to purdy up a little bird house. Give rook his own little lodge.

Lots of Mexican restaurants have those mosaic table tops.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and good morning from the bahamas !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210502_083316.jpg 20210502_083325.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and good morning from the bahamas !!
Good Morning you warm water pirate :hello:
Trade you for some 40F and rain type of a day......

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes good ideas. Pepperj, I already have that going on. Remember, Peyton Manning is close by. Lots of booby traps set just in case he strays over the state line.

Actually, the glass I have tumbling I plan on using to purdy up a little bird house. Give rook his own little lodge.

Lots of Mexican restaurants have those mosaic table tops.

Oh ya that PM pirate.
20210209_202804.jpg
Let old Max help you out WD.
He gets respect from men it seems, women go "Ah what a cutie"
20200521_095858.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pass pepper....gonna eat breakfast rig some bait and rods, and then slip out for some trolling !! Woooo hoooo finally left the rat race of the Florida keys.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon guys.

I'm tagged out! :D I got my second turkey last night. I was in the woods for only half an hour (not counting the two mile one way hike up the mountain and across). I heard a gobble from afar, and I picked up all of my stuff, moved 200 yards closer to the sound, and set back down everything. I walked forward about 20 yards to throw my calling out better, and he gobbled again about 100 yards away. I waited for a bit and called again, and this time he was right on top of me. I literally sprinted back towards my blind and got in just as he came over the little knob separating me from him. I let him get to 15 yards away before I shot. A lot of meat came off of this bugger!

I also FINALLY got on the DMV list. I'm scheduled for May 13th if all goes well.

I also... drumroll please... got my FIRST German uniform!! It cost a bit but it's a super nice, albeit used, Artillery Privates M40 Tunic. The Jerries called both the Flak 88 guns, the PaK 36's, the Nebelwerfers, the giant railguns, etc. artillery, so it could have belonged to anybody, lol! More research needs to be done in order to find out what kind of artillery unit he belonged to.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Congratulations on scoring your 2nd turkey kind of makes up for them outfoxing you last year.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One the menu tonight some baked shrimp and I'll be roasting some sweet potato fries and also some turnip fries.

Should be tasty.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, if you get any old bottles please show me. I grew up digging bottles. So fun!

I know, Ms Sheperdess! I've been digging 'em off and on for almost half a century! *LOVE* finding them!

Here's a couple of my favorite pieces for ya!

0502211657a~2.jpg
0502211658a~2.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds WIF. Congratulations

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADI, that's (a beautiful blue) killer! Love it! It has no mineral deposit on it.
Bill, That shrimp dish sounds amazing! I made salmon loaf last night. It is one of my comfort foods and I like it best cold.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WHADI, that's (a beautiful blue) killer! Love it! It has no mineral deposit on it.
Bill, That shrimp dish sounds amazing! I made salmon loaf last night. It is one of my comfort foods and I like it best cold.

As a kid , cold salmon patties were fair game! Don't recall any making it three days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread