THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excited today to be cutting a 7x7x6ft cant. This one is a cuban mahogany cant that was cut 3 years ago. We will take it to a custom bandsaw equipped with a little ripper sled. I will cut a full cut sheet of parts for a coffee table design !! This kind of represents a full circle of development in our shop. We are taking trees, breaking them down into lumber, and building custom furniture from the trees !! This is the goal we set out to meet 5 years ago....now this process is normal and repeatable for us. Its taken careful building of our infrastructure and tooling to realize this goal. We have been blessed with a wealthy patron who has built a sister shop for us to use. He has put many thousands of dollars into the equipment, and we have full access.....his only stipulation is to teach him the techniques, and come and hang out. We have a custom 24x8 foot shop table here for making conference tables !!

Very nice! Many moons ago I worked in a Mennonite cabinet shop....learned a little about woodworking.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning from STT...hopefully everyone made it through the last few swirly things that came by...henri looks to deadbang CT...thats pretty odd..

got another forming off Africa, but doesnt look too bad...

in about 2 weeks we will see what Mother Nature has in store...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There telling us in florida more Sahara dust...no tropical development here !! So "THEY" say

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at Ecuador....would appreciate information on the viability of living there...perhaps Guayaquil? Salinas. Manta?

Thanks!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

wtg on going the value added route on the mahogany wood rather than just selling the raw slabs.

Any plans on making products with the offcuts or at least sell them to other woodworkers. Butcher blocks,and that sort of thing.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning world of dirt/sand diggers :coffee2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up early and just sat in the dark on my patio with a coffee looking at the full moon low on the horizon. Very quiet in the neighborhood at 330am !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im ready to go back to bed or get another coffee ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread