THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have a great rest up of peace and quiet CD.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.
If I miss roll call tomorrow , it might be related to a tractor delivery today and her royal indoors reaction..

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hide all the guns, and knives RC.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning fellas.

Had an eventful weekend at work. I found what I believe to be a Paleo Square knife in a creek, and found out that four Angry Orchard Ciders do not give me a buzz like my friend said they would, but instead completely wreck me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning fellas.

Had an eventful weekend at work. I found what I believe to be a Paleo Square knife in a creek, and found out that four Angry Orchard Ciders do not give me a buzz like my friend said they would, but instead completely wreck me.

OH!

One angry orchard cider is plenty. I've enjoyed some that way.
They're tasty though , encouraging another.

The old saying goes , "first the man takes a drink. Then the drink takes a drink. Then the drink takes the man".

I'm confident you'd agree. (?)
My limit is one beer anymore. Then , coffee. I feel better and act better that way.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OH!

One angry orchard cider is plenty. I've enjoyed some that way.
They're tasty though , encouraging another.

The old saying goes , "first the man takes a drink. Then the drink takes a drink. Then the drink takes the man".

I'm confident you'd agree. (?)
My limit is one beer anymore. Then , coffee. I feel better and act better that way.

I think a contributing factor was the fact that my friend is an experienced beer drinker - not so much today, but in his high school days he was the king. He remembers in one day drinking 76 beers when he was in his early twenties. Alcohol doesn't affect him much any more.

With me on the other hand, I can say I only took a drink three times in my life. Once to taste, once to get drunk on purpose, and once to try something new.

The first time is when I had my first shot of whiskey at hunting camp. This was last November. I was with a lot of people who were only having like 2-3 shots and then watching TV. One of my friends asked if I wanted to just try a taste of it, and after ten minutes of talking me into it, I tasted it. Wild Turkey whiskey tastes like fire. I didn't really like it, but I got a good buzz off of one shot, which he thought was bizarre.

The next time I was home alone all day, and I wanted to see what being intoxicated was like. I drank a full pint of Williams Reserve. I was completely wasted. I walked into walls, rolled around on the floor, texted my friend "I found an Ice Cream Sandwich", and then threw up and passed out. I felt so sick after that I never wanted to do that again. I still don't. I don't think I will ever touch whiskey. Just the smell of it now makes my stomach turn.

Then this weekend I tried the Angry Orchards. My friend had a pack that had different flavors, and he was trying to get me to try each one. He said that he only got a buzz after four or five. I had four, and I was definitely not buzzed... My other friends who had six or seven didn't act like they had been drinking at all. They were fine. Meanwhile I'm on the couch with a wide eyed, never blinking stare, making up new words and laughing at everything. Everything was hilarious to me at the time. It was weird. I slept good, but I don't think I want to do that again either. Just two for me next time.

Its odd that I am so sensitive to alcohol. I get hammered pretty easily it seems. My whole family is alcoholic, and can down half a bottle of spirits and not even seem phased by it. Meanwhile I dislike everything, and get skunked after a few sips. I wonder if the gene that makes you an alcoholic gets canceled after a while? I haven't craved it, in fact I almost seem to avoid everything I try at all costs.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

If your family has a predisposition to losing control of booze better to avoid it if you can. It'll avoid you a lot of grief in your life.

I had my fair share and more over the years but I'm what you'd call a happy drunk....unfortunately many people get ugly and agressive when they've had a drink or completely loose control. Either of the 2nd two types are probably better off avoiding it.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

If your family has a predisposition to losing control of booze better to avoid it if you can. It'll avoid you a lot of grief in your life.

I had my fair share and more over the years but I'm what you'd call a happy drunk....unfortunately many people get ugly and agressive when they've had a drink or completely loose control. Either of the 2nd two types are probably better off avoiding it.

Good news is so far, I don't care for it much. I could take it or leave it. I can say I am a VERY happy drunk, lol! Everything is funny.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good news is so far, I don't care for it much. I could take it or leave it. I can say I am a VERY happy drunk, lol! Everything is funny.

Leave it then!
If a friend or someone poo poo's your choice , it's still your choice. Not theirs!

We've known alcoholics that are dead now. Prematurely. Some were good people. But we knew how much of thier time ,income, and lives went into a bar. Let alone what went on at home. Thier choice....

I survived. Not unscathed , but with a functioning liver still anyways.
Can recall a shot of booze would almost instantly tighten my neck muscles in the back. Thought it odd , but not enough to not do it. (A denial of sorts.)
That was an early harbinger of arthritis. And of waking up with hangovers , without drinking....

Moderation has some merit. But avoiding demons you can avoid , saves you much over time. That's for you and you alone to choose.
True happiness , is not synthetic....
Some folks need meds to level /even some emotional things out. All good and well. IF monitored well. Self medicating with booze? Mehhh...We're getting into synthetic emotions after a while. Then there are the very real side effects. Of which delayed onset can be a sudden downgrade that is irreversible. With attendant cost , beyond money. And which money can no longer resolve.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Leave it then!
If a friend or someone poo poo's your choice , it's still your choice. Not theirs!

We've known alcoholics that are dead now. Prematurely. Some were good people. But we knew how much of thier time ,income, and lives went into a bar. Let alone what went on at home. Thier choice....

I survived. Not unscathed , but with a functioning liver still anyways.
Can recall a shot of booze would almost instantly tighten my neck muscles in the back. Thought it odd , but not enough to not do it. (A denial of sorts.)
That was an early harbinger of arthritis. And of waking up with hangovers , without drinking....

Moderation has some merit. But avoiding demons you can avoid , saves you much over time. That's for you and you alone to choose.
True happiness , is not synthetic....
Some folks need meds to level /even some emotional things out. All good and well. IF monitored well. Self medicating with booze? Mehhh...We're getting into synthetic emotions after a while. Then there are the very real side effects. Of which delayed onset can be a sudden downgrade that is irreversible. With attendant cost , beyond money. And which money can no longer resolve.

My mother is probably going to die of Liver related issues. My grandfather had his legs amputated and had problems his whole life with alcohol. My dad smashed his nose when intoxicated. My uncle dropped out of college because he was a wreck. It ain't pretty, that's for damn sure.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My mother is probably going to die of Liver related issues. My grandfather had his legs amputated and had problems his whole life with alcohol. My dad smashed his nose when intoxicated. My uncle dropped out of college because he was a wreck. It ain't pretty, that's for damn sure.

My Mother complained the liver biopsies were causing her jaundice. Rather than blame herself or whiskey.
It all seemed to have made cancers job easier in the end.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
C'mon Xaos;
Get your patrician butt in the shop and find me a mid eighties 4H.P. Belgian Johnson plastic prop for $50 bucks, including shipping...:laughing7:

Have a J.C. Penny 3.5 outside that needs tank testing. I expect it to run. But should locate a water pump impeller before getting too ambitious.
Auction bids when I offered it after it didn't sell at estate sale were below 60 dollars. With a good auxiliary metal tank and proper line fitting...
I have not dug too far as to who built it yet. Eska perhaps built the lower unit. Not sure if a Briggs or Tecumseh motor.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Been 36yrs since I hung it up and I don't miss it one bit. Have lost more friends than I care to count in life because of the ravages of he drink. The last friend 9 litres of wine a day for 30 yrs-died at 52 yrs of age.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been 36yrs since I hung it up and I don't miss it one bit. Have lost more friends than I care to count in life because of the ravages of he drink. The last friend 9 litres of wine a day for 30 yrs-died at 52 yrs of age.

Know what you mean. But, when I told my friend of many years, just the other day. That I didn't drink. He said, "YOU!?!??.....don't drink!?!? Of all the people I've ever known,*you* should be the one that was driven to drink by what you're life's been like!!"

He does know me pretty well!

:dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member