THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

DSC_0098.jpg

This was my first buck. I got it on the day before Election day, 2016, when I was 14.

nice buck. my dad and my brother each got one brother's was a 10 point and dad's was a 8.

Nice deer guys. Congratulations

Good morning, bad news everyone- winter is upon us.

Duck blinds are froze, snow on the ground and temps in the single digits tonight. The only positive note is that there is near a full moon, and snow on the ground, so as long as the moon is shining I can shoot coyote all night. My bunny hunting grounds on public land got totally wrecked this summer. Every morning in the duck blind I could hear them yelping.

Sorry, the canines gotta go to make room for the lagomorphs.

Nice job on the first buck Rusty Relics!

For those who have access to venison here's a sausage recipe.

I have access to venison when I metal detect down the Meadows,this doe did not know what I was(that hole she sniffed I had just dug a musket ball)till she winded me at 23 seconds.:laughing7:

K1600_K1600_DSCN6698.JPG

Now I only shoot them with a camera.

The thing with venison and making sausage is that most people don't grind up the deer fine enough. If you grind your vension as coarse as you grind your beef it'll dry right out wrong when you cook it. Grind that vension small enough and you won't even need to add fat to make burgers.

By Far THE best Venison pepperoni on planet Earth.And his facility is cleaner than clean ! Joe IS a PRO :) Been dealing w/ him for decades !
Malafy's Meat Processing LLC

Sorry I haven't been around much... been cleaning rusted stuff, emailing people, and trying to hock my wares.

DSC_0426.jpgDSC_0427.jpg

Here is "my" (technically by law, not mine) model 1864 Springfield Rifled Musket. It has been used in battle, though by whom we do not know. It is most likely associated with a Pennsylvania regiment. It was bought by my grandfather years and years and years ago, and given to my dad. My dad says it is now mine, and it remains standing beside my shelf.

RR
That's a great 2nd amendment gift. Congratulations

It's a beauty! It's amazing to think that a boy in blue carried it 150+ years ago.

Good morning TreasureNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back