THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh that feeling of a weak signal then start digging, it gets stronger, and stronger.
A little piece of clat pot is exposed, the feelings of elation are bubbling in throughout the body.
Dig some more, the body is sweating, the mind is racing.
2+ feet down the soils turn that rusty iron look 😒.
Just another plow point!🙄😖😡
I agree pepper you gotta dig it all. I’ve had hi hopes and it be a point or chain or can etc. I live on where the home place was of a 55 acre farm so there is plenty of plow points still in the ground. But up around the house I’ve found 3 barbers and tons of old pennies and nickels around the pecan trees. I’ve got a bad knee now that prevents getting to the plug but I’m in therapy now working on it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree pepper you gotta dig it all. I’ve had hi hopes and it be a point or chain or can etc. I live on where the home place was of a 55 acre farm so there is plenty of plow points still in the ground. But up around the house I’ve found 3 barbers and tons of old pennies and nickels around the pecan trees. I’ve got a bad knee now that prevents getting to the plug but I’m in therapy now working on it.
Got to dig it, I made multiple trips across the road to unload the pouch.
It doesn't too many axe heads, flat irons, plow point, stove parts to start weighing on the strap.
In England I got into the habit of going for it once a day.
Digging into the earth till the sweat was pouring.
Clay, big deep hole = 😅😅😅
Though I loved every moment, Digging a signal that could be 2000+ years old, or just a tab.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering how your therapy was going. Did you get a cutie or a guy?
:laughing9:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, Something like 300,000 households lost power on the weekend. Luckily we were only out for about 1 hour.
The lights flickered here briefly. I'd have lost a wager against the power staying on.
We're well treed throughout the area and not aggressive in trimming them out of and back from transmission lines..

Nothing like being all set up with a standby generator to reduce outages....
L.o.l.. But hey , if it works , all the better.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
2 cute chicks. No guys……yet. After the steroid shot my knee still wakes me up at night. I think it’ll be more than therapy.
Put a pillow between your legs. And stick to exercising at home.

I bought one of these and it helps a lot!

1639495034124.jpeg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking kind of like the young Victoria.
Sorry for the crap picture.
We just are using LED mostly to conserve some power.
View attachment 1996371
Jim, maybe put some tracing paper over both sides of the coin and go over it with a pencil and see if that'll tease enough details off the coin to make a proper id.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning JVA5TH. Hope you are well and have a great day. I’m doing laundry, so it’s….

View attachment 1996496
Wish I was doing well but woke up with a feeling of dread and anxiety through the roof but it happens quite often goes away after like 2 hours. Also been stormy gloomy weather for 3 days straight no sun so doesn't do my mental much good. But I'll be fine just have to get myself busy.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I was doing well but woke up with a feeling of dread and anxiety through the roof but it happens quite often goes away after like 2 hours. Also been stormy gloomy weather for 3 days straight no sun so doesn't do my mental much good. But I'll be fine just have to get myself busy.
Well Blimey, JV! Start shimmying up de ropes and get everybody’s skivvies down afore de birds start marking dem!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Long swim to catch up to the ship.
Hi ya MsBeeps! I'm going to buy you an EPIRB beacon for Christmas so I don't miss your visits.

It is the way we live now, I guess. Sucks.
Only if you believe the fear mongering. Even if you get sick you have a 99.997% chance of being fine in a few days. Ivermectin is cheap and very effective (and completely safe unless you believe the fear mongers who want to sell more useless shots that could be unsafe.)

View attachment 1996454 View attachment 1996455
Check out the 16th century olive jar.....this one dates to the time of our wreck...1560s...and was found in the 80s by a key west resident....its in his collection and was recently analyzed by Duncan mathewson. Mathewson is our archeologist and was also Mel's archeologist on the Atocha !!
That's a beauty, BB.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ya MsBeeps! I'm going to buy you an EPIRB beacon for Christmas so I don't miss your visits.

Only if you believe the fear mongering. Even if you get sick you have a 99.997% chance of being fine in a few days. Ivermectin is cheap and very effective (and completely safe unless you believe the fear mongers who want to sell more useless shots that could be unsafe.)

That's a beauty, BB.
I tried ivermectin and didn't work for me...my wife caught me outside chewing on grass after taking it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh that feeling of a weak signal then start digging, it gets stronger, and stronger.
A little piece of clat pot is exposed, the feelings of elation are bubbling in throughout the body.
Dig some more, the body is sweating, the mind is racing.
2+ feet down the soils turn that rusty iron look 😒.
Just another plow point!🙄😖😡
Jim, It could have been a hoard we just never know until we dig it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread