THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, Like most things in life no iron clad guarantee....I got the double jab and scheduled for a booster mid January just trying to put the odds on my side.

Odds are they're not ready for me on the other side which tilts the odds in my favour.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
We got a call last night. We may have been exposed to the virus. Had to cancel my plans for today just in case.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find Jim, the bust on the reverse does resemble a young Queen Victoria. Unfortunately, I don't recognize the front of the coin. Looks like it was possibly hung from a chain, so maybe a watch fob? :icon_scratch:

Nice little crotal bell find too. :thumbsup:
Thanks Dave
I need to break that cardinal rule and clean it up a tad.:laughing7:
Overall it was great to dig a bit.
Got 3 bells before I got anything else.
The site resembled more barn, than post office.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning WD
Hope it just a cautionary call, and all will be well.
It was just that. It is the way we live now, I guess. Sucks. I am not too worried about it, but I don’t think it would be responsible to knowingly go out and possibly expose anyone else until I know. So, I will hunt here this afternoon and maybe I will be rewarded with a crotal bell. Gosh I want to find one of those so bad. How many are in your collection now?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For sure Bill, I hear there was a big power outage in your area this weekend. I spoke to a dozen of my dealers in Quebec yesterday and they were all extremely busy. Thank you Mother Nature for keeping my company working... now if Generac could only deliver new generators in a reasonable amount of time, I'd be a happy man! :thumbsup:
Dave, Something like 300,000 households lost power on the weekend. Luckily we were only out for about 1 hour.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....my guys down south said they got a boat that I can use from time to time to hunt out of !! Man those guys really take care of me....now I can search for the rest of the "Demon pirate hoard" . Part of this cache was recently found( 4 pounds of spanish coins and emeralds). I belive more of this cache was found in the 1940s, and I believe there are more buried jars close by.....im zeroing in now. There's no doubt now that coins were hidden....possibly during a careen event. This is the rare story that is turning out to be a real event.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was just that. It is the way we live now, I guess. Sucks. I am not too worried about it, but I don’t think it would be responsible to knowingly go out and possibly expose anyone else until I know. So, I will hunt here this afternoon and maybe I will be rewarded with a crotal bell. Gosh I want to find one of those so bad. How many are in your collection now?
Honestly I have no :dontknow:on how many I have WD
They range from the 16th century to 20th century
Here's an early one I got off a fair site in England-cleaned out the soils, and shook it, and it once again it jingled after 400+ yrs-how cool is that!
92DBD074-1153-4932-A49D-DBF24D4D4052_1_201_a.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image0000.jpg
image0000(1).jpg

Check out the 16th century olive jar.....this one dates to the time of our wreck...1560s...and was found in the 80s by a key west resident....its in his collection and was recently analyzed by Duncan mathewson. Mathewson is our archeologist and was also Mel's archeologist on the Atocha !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly I have no :dontknow:on how many I have WD
They range from the 16th century to 20th century
Here's an early one I got off a fair site in England-cleaned out the soils, and shook it, and it once again it jingled after 400+ yrs-how cool is that!
View attachment 1996450
Flipping awesome! I can only imagine that feeling of ringing or holding something that hasn’t been held for hundreds of years.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The coins and treasure of the "Demon pirate hoard" are similar. The difference is the jars im searching are on land and have been purposely buried.
Oh that feeling of a weak signal then start digging, it gets stronger, and stronger.
A little piece of clat pot is exposed, the feelings of elation are bubbling in throughout the body.
Dig some more, the body is sweating, the mind is racing.
2+ feet down the soils turn that rusty iron look 😒.
Just another plow point!🙄😖😡

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread