THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you,re going to eat at a place on a regular basis,I always found it advantageous to compliment the cook and tip the waitress well,add a little extra for the cook while you,re at it. You,ll notice that you get your stuff before any one else and it,ll be done right. Too bad we don,t have those little diners anymore where you could get breakfast at 4:30 AM.Eggs over easy,Bacon,sausage,toast and grits with real butter.Beat the hell out of McDonalds every time.
:icon_thumright:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most important thing to focus on when cooking them is on your burner or heat. ... Eggs Over Easy – Cook at low to medium heat in a pan with oil for 45 seconds on one side and then flip and cook for a further 20 to 25 seconds. Over Medium Egg – Cook at low to medium heat in a pan with oil for 90 seconds on each side.
Another way to do over easy without crispy edges or flipping the egg is to use the low to medium heat,drop the egg in the oil and then using your spatula flip the hot oil on the egg until the yolk is cooked over,a nice even white color. Lift the egg out,drain and enjoy.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I didn’t give a report this morning. I didn’t wake up in time to let the egg get to room temperature. I started with cold pan, spread olive oil and put the egg in & seasoned. Then I turned on low heat and cooked until I felt I could flip it without breaking the yolk. I had less crispy edges. But I apparently was the only one that noticed. 🤪

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I didn’t give a report this morning. I didn’t wake up in time to let the egg get to room temperature. I started with cold pan, spread olive oil and put the egg in & seasoned. Then I turned on low heat and cooked until I felt I could flip it without breaking the yolk. I had less crispy edges. But I apparently was the only one that noticed. 🤪
Well,that,s a shame that no one noticed. Try heating the oil before you add the egg,medium heat and try my no flip trick.If it comes out pretty good and no notice of same,next time scramble the eggs,and tell him to fry his own if he don,t like it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That does it,,,,, the plank awaits at sunrise.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went out and did exactly what that guy did in the video: zero, sensitivity all the way up, ground balanced. I found the same bs! Nails, big iron junk, burned up iron. Horse hockey!

I did find this, though.

View attachment 1999320

That’s a new thing for me.
One thing, milady, that is all too often forgotten. One can only find what is actually in the ground. No matter how hard we try, we cannot find what isn't there!

I do have a question for you though, if I may. What settings do you have your machine set to, normally? Mode? Iron discrim? Iron audio? Sensitivity? Ground balance?

Also, are you sure the area where you balance the machine is a spot free of metal? Obviously, ground balancing over a piece of metal is going to defeat the effort.

With all the iron you are finding, it would seem that you aren't using any of the eliminations available. Unless...you're digging everything anyway. :dontknow:

I'll gladly try to assist but I need to know more about how you're using the machine.
Screenshot_2021-03-27-23-28-12.png

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went out and did exactly what that guy did in the video: zero, sensitivity all the way up, ground balanced. I found the same bs! Nails, big iron junk, burned up iron. Horse hockey!

I did find this, though.

View attachment 1999320

That’s a new thing for me.
Looks like a stone cannonball.... hmmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions