THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing, milady, that is all too often forgotten. One can only find what is actually in the ground. No matter how hard we try, we cannot find what isn't there!

I do have a question for you though, if I may. What settings do you have your machine set to, normally? Mode? Iron discrim? Iron audio? Sensitivity? Ground balance?

Also, are you sure the area where you balance the machine is a spot free of metal? Obviously, ground balancing over a piece of metal is going to defeat the effort.

With all the iron you are finding, it would seem that you aren't using any of the eliminations available. Unless...you're digging everything anyway. :dontknow:

I'll gladly try to assist but I need to know more about how you're using the machine.
View attachment 1999401
Usually I run in all metal. I find a spot with no signals and then auto ground balance. Then I turn the sensitivity down because I have too much interference with electrical lines. Notch out iron, but it still picks up iron signal. I have run coin before. I may give that another try. Yesterday I did exactly what the guy in the video did. I have a burned down foundation on my property. I detected around the sidewalk and porch. I appreciate the offer to help, but I think I am going to invite cowboye over for some hands on instructions. Mr WD says, “ He is not allowed to detect! He will find that one thing you’ve been hunting for and I will have to listen to you cry about it forever.” Lol

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Underwater mission today.... spearfish, wreck hunt, and freedive shells and bottles !! Gonna need the wetsuit today !!

Best of luck to you today Bart, I hope you find something that's completely unexpected. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning again to everyone. I was up earlier whit a bad belly but it passed through the valley of the shadows of death.:laughing7::hello:
Oh there's nothing like a little "Deli Belly" to start the day off with a little run.....🏋️‍♂️🚽🧻🗝️🛁

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Bart:
Any suit dove in becomes a wet suit...
(Huh , After being corrected on how hockey stick is spelled I'm cautious now .
Dove is the past tense of an action going into the water , or it's a kind of bird...)

Anyways , here's a wet suit.
ray-quinn-916214167.jpg

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well I went out and did exactly what that guy did in the video: zero, sensitivity all the way up, ground balanced. I found the same bs! Nails, big iron junk, burned up iron. Horse hockey!

I did find this, though.

View attachment 1999320

That’s a new thing for me.
Nice musket ball WD!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread