THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Good morning so how are the sales stats coming along....here's hoping you can add some value for Generac and you get a big fat bonus!

Morning Bill,
Sales are good, the challenge right now is the supply chain issues our folks in manufacturing are having. These days I'm just making the rounds to visit as many of our dealers as possible to gain their trust in the new Territory Manager in Canada. :laughing7: I'm taking our daughter our with me again today, as she's good company when I'm on the road.

Today I'm working in the Niagara Region, next week I'm heading to Windsor & Sarnia for 3 days. :thumbsup:

Do you have much snow in your area these days?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last week a neighbor had a whole house generator installed w/1,000 Gal. diesel in the ground tank.

That's interesting that they buried a diesel tank in the ground Roger. Most of the units we sell here in Canada for Residential Backup Power are either NG or LP powered. We sell a lot of diesel units for Industrial Power needs in the more remote areas like farms.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting that they buried a diesel tank in the ground Roger. Most of the units we sell here in Canada for Residential Backup Power are either NG or LP powered. We sell a lot of diesel units for Industrial Power needs in the more remote areas like farms.
This couple are Big time preppers getting ready for...IT
One is a retired FBI the other is retired CIA. They got some stories :icon_scratch:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One is a retired FBI the other is retired CIA. They got some stories :icon_scratch:

Sounds like they must also have friends at the permit office and City Hall, because burying a fuel tank isn't an easy job.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Probably about 6" accumulation of snow so far.

Sounds good Bill, very little here in Southern Ontario. I heard they were getting lake affect snow in the Niagara area yesterday, so driving down there this morning should be fun. :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's the little issue of microbial growth in diesel fuels they say. Though if a stabilizer is added to the fuel it seems to retard anything that would be an issue.
The great thing about running diesel over NG/LG/Gas is with a little knowledge one can filter cooking oils/bio fuels option.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Probably about 6" accumulation of snow so far.
Saw some pictures from Vancouver Island 18" over the holidays, another 12" yesterday. 4th Coldest December weather on record. Seems like BC is going through every extreme weather event possible over this past year.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rise & Shine its.....What is it time ? :dontknow: ( disregard That orange dot on the right of the pix. is my cameras range finder.) View attachment 2001537
First clue... its been magnified 1200x
Second clue... Its found its way into most homes.
I’ll say mold RTR

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like they must also have friends at the permit office and City Hall, because burying a fuel tank isn't an easy job.
If one looks into it there's lots of options. The fibreglass resin tanks are manufactured for that very purpose.
The hardest is near waterways-marinas can jump through the hoops.
What they don't allow in one district-a whole different set of rules apply for another.
Different country/State a whole different set of rules/regulations.
The old saying goes "What you can't see-won't hurt you" maybe applied over and over in some instances.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good Bill, very little here in Southern Ontario. I heard they were getting lake affect snow in the Niagara area yesterday, so driving down there this morning should be fun. :tongue3:
Dave, Well at least you have your daughter to keep you company. I'm sure it won't hurt on your sales calls either just tell her to bat her eyelashes at them...that'll do the trick....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Funny story for you one of our early female sales/marketing reps Nancy was newly appointed to her territory.

She was making a call to one of the tire companies and she could tell the old time traffic manager was a bit uncomfortable having a woman call on him.

He was giving her a tour of the plant and to lighten the mood somewhat....she took in a deep breath and told him she loved the smell of fresh rubber first thing in the morning.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This massive weekend home
002.JPG
(20,000 + Sq.Ft. Mansion on 500 acres in upstate NY) also has a diesel tank in the ground ( a 5,000 Gal. tank) .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread