THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of snow coverage with some bare ground with only the first couple of inches thawed - first dig crushed aluminum soda can.

Might have to purchase the small search coil or buy a screening plant - so many targets in close proximity.
Yes looks like spring is starting out your way.
The screening plant dream, even at this site that I was at a 1 acre site of the top 12" would yield finds still.
Been digging here now for 8 seasons and it still produces if I really try.
Then reality sets in 1 acre = 1613 cubic yards
That alone is a 100 sm dump truck loads.
That's a lot of material to screen.

20220402_184725.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Golly your lucky..... you get the coolest stuff on your own site.....God only knows what is hiding around your place!!
Thanks Bart
Good permission of 5 found sites.
Though I have only found one silver across the road at another site and it was a Trime.
Poor homesteaders didn't have a lot to loose.
Coppers and a lot if those being half penny tokens.
You dig gold, platinum, silver encrusted in gems.
Golly you're the lucky one.👍

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
The screening plant dream, even at this site that I was at a 1 acre site of the top 12" would yield finds still.

View attachment 2019068
Almost like a potato digger.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Almost like a potato digger.

I've seen the big farms in England do the potatoes.
Detecting behind the unit, oh the mind was working overtime on what it uncovered.
Slid under the raised rows to harvest the spuds.
Beach cleaners only do the first few inches I thought.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2019068
Just take it one shovel full at a time and before you know it,boom,you,re done!:laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of a couple of those guys. If you can find it (I can’t) watch the LEWT for today.

Now I have got to try and nap. 😴 I think weigh in starts at 4:00 pm.
Wear that skimpy lil black thing. You'll make weight.
:angel12:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend jose who was digging the road for the county when I found my spanish treasure last year.....well......he did real good back at the plant where all the sand went.....he got a large clump of coins.....around 15 pounds !! Cobbs, pillar dollars.....and yes several golds fused in with the silvers. Him and another worker quit and never came back.....he may have went to Mexico!! Im glad he got the coins.....he would never have known to look except for me telling him to sift every inch of 30 truckloads of sand !!
This is the story I got yesterday from one of his former co-workers!! Funny thing is....no one really knows just exactly what treasure and how much treasure I got either.....and I ain't telling.....but the story is starting to make its rounds down here and im getting more and more questions from locals about the finds.....everyone wants to here about it now
Soooo.....uhhhhh....Bart? Matey? Would ye be so kind as to lend me just a few shekels????
:piratehand:

:angel12:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got about 6 hours in on Saturday, managed to find a old shack hidden way back in, still had most of a wood stove in it. I didnt find anything super cool but got some good footage for the first video. The neatest find is a square bolt wrench I need to clean to get a name off it and next to the old shack I got a plated fork with makers mark instead of a name I thought that was unusual. Going to wait till we have a little reserve of videos to start posting them..

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got about 6 hours in on Saturday, managed to find a old shack hidden way back in, still had most of a wood stove in it. I didnt find anything super cool but got some good footage for the first video. The neatest find is a square bolt wrench I need to clean to get a name off it and next to the old shack I got a plated fork with makers mark instead of a name I thought that was unusual. Going to wait till we have a little reserve of videos to start posting them..
Love hidden ole shacks.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Toecutter
Good to hear you got out for a exploration and finding a few things.
What do you suppose the shack was for home, camp, hermit?
I was out there looking for a home site, The shack is in line with were the site is on the map but about 100 yards from where I thought the home site should be, Im thinking it was originally part of the home site and at some point a farmer pushed it into the woods, no square nails so im not real sure of the age. Big maples by where the map shows the site but couldn't find a iron bed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions