THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220404_085921.jpg

I love taking pics of gold and gems !! This phone is so nice for pictures....so easy to take nice ones and zoom in !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Yeah Bart , hope your friend gets to detect in peace again in the future....
Going to be along time before detecting for pleasure is any priority though...

About a half inch of snow per hour this morning.
Watched a Robin under a pine earlier where it's sagging branches are keeping the ground clear for now. Could almost hear the poor bird cussing...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The weather has changed every time I look.
Planning a little road trip hunt.
Burn some fuel, hunt new permissions.
So looking at the long range forecast it has gone from 60-10-70-10-90-40-80% chance of heavy rain on the Good Friday hunt. Grrŕr!
Get with it please 🙏
Need to start dreaming, of digging a full day hunt.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So tough for my Ukrainian treasure hunting friend on instagram......teritex alex......he had the greatest treasure hunting / metal detecting page. If your not familiar with Ukrainian metal detecting im here to tell you.....its incredible....or was !! I think even better than England. Anyway, he's still posting.....he's not hunting gold caches anymore......he's hunting tanks !! I hope he can survive 🙏!!
I too wish him well,both in his tank hunting and his survival! Long may he reign!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

Yeah Bart , hope your friend gets to detect in peace again in the future....
Going to be along time before detecting for pleasure is any priority though...

About a half inch of snow per hour this morning.
Watched a Robin under a pine earlier where it's sagging branches are keeping the ground clear for now. Could almost hear the poor bird cussing...
Blue Jays,Blue Jays are the champeen cussers of the bird world.Love em!:laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmmmmm.... arrrrrrrr

Think i might have to dust off the detectors this morn.... perfect day for us here.

Not to rub it in... :P

Um.... been awhile... perhaps i forgot how... hmmmm........ NOPE !... i remember just fine :)

Umm.... i think i might dust off that Go Pro i never use... perhaps bring the good Sony and grab a few pics...

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ok....... today was great.... BUT.... metal detecting sucked.

Where do i start...

Um... i am cooked... forgot sunscreen... .... Go pro was dead... Excal headphone cable is frayed up by speakers right where it goes in...

Broke yet another and last knob that was my only knob left...... then when i tried to set / adjust sensitivity it was freaking out one way... then when turned opposite would null even scoop out... only one position worked which was fine for a bit...

Then.... i ran across something big... REAL big and flat... scoop was scraping top and signal was fluctuating ... scooped and scooped... walls caving in with water... scoop and scoop and scoop.... and finally had to quit.... i must have spent 30 minutes + on it.
Was getting iron and multitude of signals that would normally indicate non ferrous... etc etc....
Tide was coming in... until i just had to abandon... (THIS TO BE CONCLUDED- IOW 's i am gonna go back... know right where it is.)....

OF course that elusive fabled treasure chest was visional in my head... and it was DEEP... over 20 inches... friging thing kicked my arse... and i am now burning with WTF was it.

So... this spot is a great spot... was a beautiful PERFECT day... my girl had a blast.

And if it weren't for that it would have sucked.

BTW.... it is her birthday today... and SHE wanted to go detecting immediately after i mentioned it earlier to you all.

So there ya have it... heh

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Where do i start...

Um... i am cooked... forgot sunscreen... .... Go pro was dead... Excal headphone cable is frayed up by speakers right where it goes in...

Broke yet another and last knob that was my only knob left...... then when i tried to set / adjust sensitivity it was freaking out one way... then when turned opposite would null even scoop out... only one position worked which was fine for a bit...

Then.... i ran across something big... REAL big and flat... scoop was scraping top and signal was fluctuating ... scooped and scooped... walls caving in with water... scoop and scoop and scoop.... and finally had to quit.... i must have spent 30 minutes + on it.
Was getting iron and multitude of signals that would normally indicate non ferrous... etc etc....
Tide was coming in... until i just had to abandon... (THIS TO BE CONCLUDED- IOW 's i am gonna go back... know right where it is.)....

OF course that elusive fabled treasure chest was visional in my head... and it was DEEP... over 20 inches... friging thing kicked my arse... and i am now burning with WTF was it.

So... this spot is a great spot... was a beautiful PERFECT day... my girl had a blast.

BTW.... it is her birthday today... and SHE wanted to go detecting immediately after i mentioned it earlier to you all.

Glad she had a good day! Please pass on my birthday wishes.

1649115556923.gif

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmmmmmm.... arrrrrrrr

Think i might have to dust off the detectors this morn.... perfect day for us here.

Not to rub it in... :P

Um.... been awhile... perhaps i forgot how... hmmmm........ NOPE !... i remember just fine :)

Umm.... i think i might dust off that Go Pro i never use... perhaps bring the good Sony and grab a few pics...

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Nice! did you have any luck?

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! did you have any luck

Where do i start...

Arrr best not let the dust build up!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread