THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like summer? Bugs? Hot? Critters?

Well................

WINTER.jpg

Lest we forget....... :angel12:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still packing and chipping away at the list....today will be bahamian customs.....click to clear computer verification, and covid testing.....everything must be done exactly right or you must start over....it will take most of the day. Ill be loading all the detector hear today also !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you guys ready for the Sunday report? Well, you’re getting it anyway. After church, I came home and packed up my detecting stuff and I grabbed the two metal detecting toy trucks. I went and picked up the three little grandkids and their mommy, We swung through McDonald’s to get the sonic happy meals (they ran out of the coveted sonic toys and replaced with some off the wall toy= kids were not impressed) , went to the park and ate. Then it was time to play. None of them wanted to detect. They wanted to play on the playground. So, I changed my coil and dawned my gear and….got caught up in a conversation with the guy in the truck next to me. 😂 When I did get to detect,I dug two targets and then these other kids started coming over and wanted to help. So I went back and got the toys out for the kids and I tried to help them. They were having fun, even though they were just finding trash. It was a blast! I just wish they found something cool, even if it was a penny, they would have been thrilled. I am guessing they were 4-6 years old. Here’s what I dug:

View attachment 2023082

Then I gathered up my crew and took them to my house to wait for Grandpa and Daddy to get home. While waiting, we all went out to find the one Easter egg they didn’t find on Easter. I told them whoever found it would get a quarter. Grandma found it and the 3 did not pay up. Lol.

After they left and I fed grandpa, I went out to the front field. I found lead( what do you call it? Lead shot?), 3 bullets, a cool chain (definitely going on the she-shed) and some cool rocks).

View attachment 2023093

View attachment 2023097

View attachment 2023094

View attachment 2023095

View attachment 2023096

Then the Mr found an egg by the pond and showed me. We have no idea what kind it is.

View attachment 2023098
It was definitely a great day!

Mornin all and sundry.

First peek atchain it looked likea horse breastplate. But they were /are not made of chain that I know of. The Y shape though triggered the poor guess.

Could be part of a hames set up.
Is that a toggle on the end of the chain , left side of your picture?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you really had a great day of fun.

Can you explain the #4 and #5 picture please.

(Don't tell us it's your new thong bikini to wear around the pool for MR WD):laughing7:
Wait

Mornin all and sundry.

First peek atchain it looked likea horse breastplate. But they were /are not made of chain that I know of. The Y shape though triggered the poor guess.

Could be part of a hames set up.
Is that a toggle on the end of the chain , left side of your picture?

It is a cattle chain. Yes that’s a toggle. There would have been either a ring or elongated link to fasten around neck of cow. The other end that hangs would have had either a tag or cow bell. And I guess, if I understood the guy correctly, it could be hooked when the cow is out in like an open barn so that it wouldn’t wander. An informative day at the antique shop today.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a cattle chain. Yes that’s a toggle. There would have been either a ring or elongated link to fasten around neck of cow. The other end that hangs would have had either a tag or cow bell. And I guess, if I understood the guy correctly, it could be hooked when the cow is out in like an open barn so that it wouldn’t wander. An informative day at the antique shop today.
Ah gee WD do you mean that my gutterly guess was wrong?
Gee the cow's have all the fun it seems.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread