THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sling shot, then the apple on a long willow stick wars, (trenches, a few bushels of green apples ready, 20 willow sticks loaded) then invite the other group to war over the creek gully.
They didn't see that one coming-:laughing7:

Then early teen age it got to the pellet gun wars-ouch :BangHead:
He shot me first!
Could of lost an eye doing that!
(Well DAH! I almost lost one from him knocking me in the eye with a rock-remember?)

Yes now the world is nothing but a melting snowflake.
Not always...But sometimes winter coats in mid summer came into play.
Wasn't uncommon for a teams member standing exposed to not only absorb the "pop pop pop pop " of enemy fire but that of friendly fire too for being exposed.
(The staccato sound of multiple b.b.'s smacking an energy absorbing coats shell ; combined with the wearers being inspired to move , often proved too much to resist.)
In similar fashion solid wood fences were not used for cover to lie below for long. The fences making good bank shot material. And anonymous bank shot usees.
Pellets were not allowed in most "fights". Too many welts on non armored (coat defended) skin.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Sling shot, then the apple on a long willow stick wars, (trenches, a few bushels of green apples ready, 20 willow sticks loaded) then invite the other group to war over the creek gully.

He shot me first!
(Well DAH! I almost lost one from him knocking me in the eye with a rock-remember?)

Anyone who grew up in Florida I’m sure knows what an orange fight is. You either learned how to throw or you got all banged up. My favorite was finding one of those rotten oranges and wizzing it to someone that thought they were hiding. The little brown skinned oranges hurt the worst. But it was fun. Never did tell the parents

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I like birds but yesterday was bird prevention around my home. The sparrows are smart. The dryer vent had one of the good old plastic flaps that open when the dryer comes on and closes when the dryer is off. Well they learned how to open the flaps and were building a trophy nest in there. Had to turn the dryer on and stick my whole arm in the vent tube and pull all the twigs and other stuff they were building the nests with. It helps to have it on to help blow the stuff out. But just so you know when the twigs come out it will blow all over you.
The other birds were starlings and they found a tiny crack and were going in my attic building nests. I got both fixed but it sure wasn’t fun. Now when it gets warmer the red birds will come and fight the mirrors on my cars. Unfortunately they like to poop on their wings and spread it all over the mirrors. They aren’t scared of any plastic animals.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are bringing back a lot of memories of my youth. Jumping bikes over things, bottle rocket wars, BB gun fights (before there was "airsoft"), and other fun stuff. One favorite activity was jumping bikes off the low bluff above the river. We never were able to jump it -- too far -- so it became a challenge to see who could hit the four feet deep water, stay on the bike, and pedal on out the other side. I don't remember if anyone ever actually did.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone who grew up in Florida I’m sure knows what an orange fight is. You either learned how to throw or you got all banged up. My favorite was finding one of those rotten oranges and wizzing it to someone that thought they were hiding. The little brown skinned oranges hurt the worst. But it was fun. Never did tell the parents
Then there was the raid the garden of old pumpkins 🎃.
"Smashing Pumpkins"
Everyone grab 1 or 2 depending upon size of the pumpkin and the grabber.
Throw off the bank down onto the highway, or do a commando type run, line up the pumpkins across the highway.
Transports were the best.

Then our father came home from work.
Missed that detail-we grew the pumpkins, garden void of pumpkins, neck hairs were rightly pulled.
Wasn't the first time being grounded.🤣

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Evening all xx apologies for my absence work has been busy, seems it’s the meeting season 🙄 xx

went out today to get some peace and quiet… everywhere we would normally be skipping about on are to wet so.. we had to go back to the pretty views fields… frankly I was just delighted to be out in the fresh air! xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure-xx.694738/

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Evening all xx apologies for my absence work has been busy, seems it’s the meeting season 🙄 xx

went out today to get some peace and quiet… everywhere we would normally be skipping about on are to wet so.. we had to go back to the pretty views fields… frankly I was just delighted to be out in the fresh air! xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure-xx.694738/
Nice finds. I assume the 2nd & 3rd pics are bullets? You seem to find a lot of lead musket balls.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He shot me first!

BB Gun wars? Makes me think of my modified beast! 50 cal air gun, 500+ FPS around 30 joules. Hard plastic balls, steel balls any thing that will fit in a 2 piece ball (pepper skunk scent etc)
(pest) control!!!

bada ass hdr.JPG

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
So when I was a kid (7-8) I was terrified of being alone in the dark. My step dad who was a wonderful man but maybe a bit misguided Walked me to a small park about a block from our house. The walk was along the edge of a field and through a small tree row.

We hung out for about twenty mins on the swings as dusk was setting in. About the time the sky was losing its glow he suggested he push me on the marry go round. He did, it was fun he pushed faster until it was really spinning. Next thing I know he bolts! Ass and elbows all the way back to our house. 200 yards maybe.

I’m in the dark, alone, doing warp speed on this spinning wheel of death about to be eaten by the numerous beasts that hid in the shadows. Dragging one leg in desperation trying to slow its speed. Once below 200 MPH I bail and come to a dusty pile of wails and screams. Scramble to my feet I muster my best Flash impression back along the field to home. The dark nipping at my heals the whole way.

Hit the door like a battering ram, wet angry eyes absolutely pissed to find him sitting in his chair feet up with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

Dick move. God I miss that man. He was one of my best friends and worst enemy’s.

I’m no longer scared of the dark.
Kinda reminds me of this.
fb7d44d7a16aaacd3995cae78d6ec6a7.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions