THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone! I am back from my trip - unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to use my detector at the beach :( Silly me didnt do much research and realized MOST of the island is protected national park. I did find a few beaches I could comb, but my daughter ended up getting the flu on vacation, which mommy (me) then got also. Kind of a bust in terms of a good vacation.... at least it was warm.
Welcome back
Well that's kind of a bummer regarding the detecting time, and you coming down with the flu to boot.
If one has to be sick it's a lot nicer being warm and having a beautiful sea to look at.
Get well

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone! I am back from my trip - unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to use my detector at the beach :( Silly me didnt do much research and realized MOST of the island is protected national park. I did find a few beaches I could comb, but my daughter ended up getting the flu on vacation, which mommy (me) then got also. Kind of a bust in terms of a good vacation.... at least it was warm.
Too bad about being sick 😫. Plan another trip soon. You can come down here to Florida and detect till you drop.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We were running low on the ketchup.
So I thawed some stewed tomatoes.
Made up a quart of organic ketchup 😋 👌
20240325_154303.jpg

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were running low on the ketchup.
So I thawed some stewed tomatoes.
Made up a quart of organic ketchup 😋 👌
View attachment 2139390
That looks nice and thick. When I've made it, it always comes out runny, more like a sweet tomato sauce.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks nice and thick. When I've made it, it always comes out runny, more like a sweet tomato sauce.
I'll post up the recipe later.
250F in the oven for 3-4hrs will reduce the liquid.
I got nearly 2 quarts of liquid off the tomatoes once they thawed.
So that cut down the amount also.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... i have known a guy for a few years now that is a storage locker buyer.
He runs across many things and has relied on me to identify the odds and end mystery pieces he runs across.
Many times I get great "first picks" of things of interest etc.

Welll... last night he called and said he had injured his hip moving so much... an ongoing thing that strikes him periodically.
Anyway... he was in a pinch and could use some extra hands to clean some lockers out.

I will tell you this...

I never want to buy storage lockers.
What a DIRTY... DUSTY... Rat piss and shit... some VERY nasty... and dont forget roach fest.
Hard work.
most times / lockers are hardly worth the effort and trash.
You can occasionally find good stuff.... but man o man will you earn it... and you might buy 5 to get that one.
Arrrg... long hot VERY DIRTY day.
I needed TWO showers. heh

Masks and gloves were definitely used and needed.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... i have known a guy for a few years now that is a storage locker buyer.
He runs across many things and has relied on me to identify the odds and end mystery pieces he runs across.
Many times I get great "first picks" of things of interest etc.

Welll... last night he called and said he had injured his hip moving so much... an ongoing thing that strikes him periodically.
Anyway... he was in a pinch and could use some extra hands to clean some lockers out.

I will tell you this...

I never want to buy storage lockers.
What a DIRTY... DUSTY... Rat piss and shit... some VERY nasty... and dont forget roach fest.
Hard work.
most times / lockers are hardly worth the effort and trash.
You can occasionally find good stuff.... but man o man will you earn it... and you might buy 5 to get that one.
Arrrg... long hot VERY DIRTY day.
I needed TWO showers. heh

Masks and gloves were definitely used and needed.
I have bought a few but I cheat. Small towns the managers are known, owner is found, owner will tell you whats in there.... for a return of an item... or 2. Smell before you buy! :laughing7:
:laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought a few but I cheat. Small towns the managers are known, owner is found, owner will tell you whats in there.... for a return of an item... or 2. Smell before you buy! :laughing7:
Alot of these lockers make me wonder ... WHY the hell would someone PAY to keep the crap.
The items are FAR from worth the payments.
I am convinced ... Some people use storage units to get rid of the crap they dont want.
Rent it... fill it.... leave it.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of these lockers make me wonder ... WHY the hell would someone PAY to keep the crap.
The items are FAR from worth the payments.
I am convinced ... Some people use storage units to get rid of the crap they dont want.
Rent it... fill it.... leave it.
They forget because of drug and/or drink memory problems?? The crap was never intended to be stored that long? Some of them could be dumb asses too... :laughing7: But... I helped my in-laws who never threw anything away... clean out a storage unit they had for 15+ years, we threw almost all of it away:dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread