THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200229-090956_Google.jpg
Life is tuff over here......traded a case of paper towels for these. Mmmmmm good !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Looks like a good trade to me. When we were in Freeport I seem to recall the locals saying it was worth it for them to travel to Miami to stock up on supplies because the local supplies were very expensive. Looks like not much has changed since then.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people just don't like Italians, or Southerners,...... I'm both

And I live in California,..... a lot of people can't stand people from California.

They assume I'm like one of these pieces of shmit.

Where would someone with my attitude and views fit in?

I'm not sure really,.......... maybe Colombia?

I have no idea,..... I sure don't fit in here with all these a-hole unicorn and rainbow types.

I fit in here in the 70's and 80's,................but everything changed.

You gettin old? Or isolated? L.o.l..

Cali has some a-holes. Has some great folks too.
I enjoyed San Diego (long ago) . Not one person comes to mind as anything but great. And the weather! Sigh. Nearest I've been to paradise.
No , I won't return likely.

More recent but gone now , was a deal along a favorite river near me. Folks from various countries and cultures camped along it's edge in the forest.
Not homeless , at least not perceived as such , but more a summertime activity.

Maybe it's being out of one element and in another on equal footing but it was never a contention.
If folks wanted to slide off into privacy they could.
The fun for me was no common language , but showing someone a nice trout and our ability to communicate without a language.

There's always folks who are simply disagreeable. But look close enough and there's folks on your wavelength too.
Who cares if they are pink,blue,green ,or where they are from if they are sincere about being citizens and not insulting others?

Story time!
Went with an Italian friend to Georgia. Met his Dad and stayed with family a while.
The highlight of the visit was meeting my friends Grand Dad. In a care facility unfortunately ,but it was likely my friends last visit ,so still a good thing.

His GrandDad was in Italy, around 11 years old when an Uncle in the U.S. sent his father a letter stating the son was welcome to live with him in the U.S..
The father wrote a letter in reply and sent the son to mail it.
The son (my friends GrandDad) opened the letter out of sight of his Father to find the offer was being declined.
The boy promptly hopped a ship...To America.
I don't recall the how's of passage expense,or if he labored in exchange, or how he found his GrandDad,if he did. Or if that part was even told.
I must have been distracted if it was told , by the Old mans former gumption.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey bart
Seen any mermaids out and about?:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That is Purdy water.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning crew mates,.......

Calm seas?

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! We made it to 11,000? Beeps and Sanman, not sure what you two were up to, but I am glad you got the captain back to bed. Sooooo...

Yo ho go and a bottle of rum

Don't celebrate too soon WD,........

That's 11,000 "dollars",...... as in Aussie dollars,.....

as in that 's the bill for damages following the drunken brawl, (not my words), where
a good deal of damage was done, including a ruined billiard table,........

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1806347
Guess I shouldn't complain !!

Bart,.... please take this to heart,......

I am so happy that one of us is living a heaven on earth life in the here and now.

A blessing on you my friend,.....

And a safe return to tell the tale,...

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Het RR,...........

My father was an Allied war hero.
He single-handedly destroyed 4 Messerschmitts, 9 Heinkel bombers, and 11 Stuka dive bombers.

He was the worst mechanic the Luftwaffe ever had.

Today marks the 35th anniversary of the death of Sir Douglas Bader
I couldn't let it pass without this story of the RAF hero
[TRUE STORY]​

Today marks the 35th anniversary of the death of Sir Douglas Bader and I couldn't let it pass without this story of the RAF hero.
He was giving a talk at an upmarket girl's school about his time as a pilot in the Second World War.

"So there were two of these Fockers behind me, three fockers to my right, another focker on the left," he told the audience. The headmistress went pale and interjected: "Ladies, the Fokker was a German aircraft." Sir Douglas replied: "That may be, madam, but these fockers were in Messerschmitts."

*Based on a true story*

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot

They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them.

So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."
The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SanMan,

Lots of British Airway pilots after the war were former RAF pilots. During one of my vacations in Barbados in the 1970's during my misspent youth.

Met a lovely lovely blond young lady by the name of Shaunee from the UK who was vacationing with her folks. I hung around with them quite a bit during the evenings at the beach club.

Well her dad was originally from Canada and an RAF pilot during the war and was working as a pilot for BA. She told me a funny story about a sterling silver bracelet she was wearing.

It was her dad's dogtags from the war which he made into a bracelet and gave to her. Well there was this German guy hitting on her and she wasn't interested and he was pestering her about the bracelet and what it was about. She finally got fed up and told him it was her dad's dogtags which he wore during bombing raids of Germany....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot

They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them.

So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."
The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people just don't like Italians, or Southerners,...... I'm both

========
May I ask what part of Italy Sanman ?
My wife is Italian and so is Bill's.
Bill's wife is nice. My wife............I tried to give her to Tom and even Peyton Manning turned me down because she won't carry his beer.

My parents and grandparents are dead,.... I don't have anyone to ask.

I did a hard search and narrowed things down by using my last name,.......

There are approximately 795 families in Italy,.....

509 are in Sicily, the next two, bout 100 families, are in Northern Italy

Sicilia - 509
Veneto - 57
Lombardia - 47
Campania - 40
Lazio - 37
Piemonte - 31
Toscana - 23
Liguria - 15
Friuli V.G. - 9

I found a neat color coded map with the number of families,.....

But I am on a borrowed machine, I can't snatch the picture.

I'll come back and post it.

Italian women were considered the most beautiful in the world for decades,......

Here we are in year 2020,.... and they are still ranked way up there,......

If I remember right Brazil holds the record for now,..... say, 9.95

And Italy up there at,..... 9.85

Italian women are warm and beautiful,...can cook, and like to fool around,...

I'm thinking as hard as I can,...... I can't think of anything else I would need.

Oh, for camping,... take two sleeping bags and zip them together.

That's all I can think of,.......

Sofia Loren.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tomahawks_IIB_Egypt.jpg

Tomahawks, Spitfires, Hurricanes and Temptests were always cool. Here are some Tomahawks in Egypt in 1941. Coincidentally, I purchased a model today of the exact plane in the photo.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fighters over Japan.jpg Over Japan.jpg

Flew a short formation training mission over some Pacific islands today with some P-40's.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I seem to recall a F-15 video game back in the day Duckshot. It was fun. I had another game that had instruction manual the size of an encyclopedia. It was fun, but required so much studying the manual. It was a spy plane I think. Shortly after the Atari 2600 came out we bought one. They were downright expensive. I still have it and about 30 or so games.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions