THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to love Mountain Dew. I still remember the first time. I was at a Boys Club, thinking 1967 ish.
It was in Phoenix. I saw someone drinking a bottle. Then I saw the vending machine. The next thing I remember, was drinking it. It was like liquid sugar . . .mmmmmmm.
A little too strong for me now though.
Yaaa Hoooo . . . Mountain Dew

It's the high fructose corn syrup. A person's brain thinks it is crack cocaine. It might as well be for some people.

I'll just have water.

Unless you are serving double-espresso-vodka-Valium-mocha-Cup'O'Chino. :laughing7:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the high fructose corn syrup. A person's brain thinks it is crack cocaine. It might as well be for some people.

I'll just have water.

Unless you are serving double-espresso-vodka-Valium-mocha-Cup'O'Chino. :laughing7:

Idk what year the soda industry started going from sugar to high fructose corn. Because of public demand, at least one of the biggies started to bring back a selection that is sugar again. Maybe Coca-Cola, but not sure.

I used to think it was the onset of plastic bottles that made it start tasting funny all of a sudden, but it could have just been the switch to HTCS. -Don't know-
( stupid phone - H Fructose CS) maybe it was my finger.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Some breaking news:
John Travolta was hospitalized for suspected vivid-19.
Good news, turns out it was only Saturday night fever, and he is staying alive.

Travolta lives 3 miles north of me at JUMBOLAIR, a fly in community, often flying over my house when leaving or returning.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterdays adventure netted me some wheat pennies 1920,1930,1948...Geo dog got a little crazy and ran towards a creeks my buddy said he seen a big cat, which is odd since we dont have big wild cats in our area....Lynx? Cougar? there are stories of these cats but nothing official...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning forum people

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent my weekend cleaning out my Mom's stuff. 2 bags and half a trash can of trash; filled up the recycling trash can; 4 more boxes of medical supplies moved to the porch; trash bag and 2 boxes of stuff to go to good will; 3 trash bags of clothes dropped off to a local church; and 2 car loads of "treasures" brought back to my house to be incorporated into my life. Oh yeah, and I found a couple books for rook to read. :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD bill RR

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So I was shoulder deep in the sand over in the Bahamas when I was startled by some guy standing over me. This guy hung around and we got to talking...I turned off the machine and stopped digging and started listening. Turns out he grew up a lot like me and lived back and forth in the keys and bahamas. He said you should be hunting on $$$$$ island. I'll keep the name to myself. I said I know, what have you found...he says, that place has had people on it from just after Columbus, and the lucayan Indians before that !! He told me the beach where he has found a lucayan olivine banner stone. He has also found a tobacco pipe dated 1620 LOPEZ !! He goes on and says that pirates from nassau often came to the island. This island was at least settled by the time Henry avery anchored here before cautiously approaching Nassau by long boat. Later he would sail the "Fancy" into Nassau harbor and unload one of the richest red sea treasures to ever be taken. That was 1692 or 1697...I cant remember but some where in that time frame. This island was already being farmed and I think there were sheep being kept here that far back !! Later loyalist would settle here and stockpile arms here.....that was 1760s-1800s. During the war of 1812 this island community was attacked by the american privateer "Midas" shore parties looted and burned 14 or 17 homes here, and they carried off everything that wasnt hastily hidden including 800 gold coins !! This my friends is the real treasure island and others have silently been before me....several rumored finds and my own finds in the past are exciting and I'm building an assault plan !!...gonna go back a couple weeks ahead of everyone and hit it.....logistics are tough....I'll have to take a kyak by boat and get dropped off. I could explore the coastline I want and then have a boat come and pick me up at the end of each day. I would hopscotch around the island each day hitting different hot spots each mission. Somewhere on this island are some treasures.....I would sure like to shake one out....whatever it might be !!

Thrilling! I know you will find some treasure!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning WD. DOING more cleaning today or working?. Wait, both are work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread