THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My dad was out letting our dog go to the bathroom, when out of nowhere that massive dog comes out of the woods at our dog. I ran out with a gun, and that was that. It weighed almost 120 lbs. It was a mix of some kind. Huge muscular body and a pitbull face. That was scary indeed, because my dad never knew it was there. I just saw it making it's way toward them and had enough time to stop it.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DOW lost over 2,000 points in the markets today, over fears of Corona virus.

IT IS NOT THAT BAD!

18,000 DIED OF THE FLU WORLD WIDE LAST YEAR!

3,000 OF CORONA!

C'MON NOW!

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good afternoon Idahodutch.
How goes things in your neck of the woods?

Msbeepbeep,
Nice of you to ask, we had some rain early, but now is partly sunny . . . Quite nice actually.
Took the dogs out for a drive, just outside city limits. It's mostly farms/ranches. They like the fresh air I guess. (the smells)
We just moved to Idaho a couple years ago. Really like it.
And yours?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad was out letting our dog go to the bathroom, when out of nowhere that massive dog comes out of the woods at our dog. I ran out with a gun, and that was that. It weighed almost 120 lbs. It was a mix of some kind. Huge muscular body and a pitbull face. That was scary indeed, because my dad never knew it was there. I just saw it making it's way toward them and had enough time to stop it.

That's eventful RR, I bet your adrenaline was really pumping. That's good you took action. Dog like that, too unpredictable and too many unknowns. Time and circumstance did not give much choice.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Dang. Dad owes you a mountain dew now!
(You don't have to drink it).

Story time!
When I was a kid (just a few years ago , ahem) "Auntie" would sometimes let me get a mountain dew out of the storm shelter fridge.
Had a Hillbilly as part of what was painted on the needless to say glass bottle.

When Dad stopped at the bar after picking me up on my visiting weekends , I drank an occasional orange pop in a clear bottle with lots of little raised glass squares on part of it.
That same bar he worked at sometimes , and swapped clad coins for silver ones for a while when clad first came out....
That stuff might have whupped mountain dews butt!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Rusty.

Idahodutch, we had our warmest day so far this spring 72. The guy next door pulled out his motor cycle and started it up. Sure signs of spring!
And all this happened because I just got a cord of fire wood last Wed...your welcome! :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DOW lost over 2,000 points in the markets today, over fears of Corona virus.

IT IS NOT THAT BAD!

18,000 DIED OF THE FLU WORLD WIDE LAST YEAR!

3,000 OF CORONA!

C'MON NOW!

Stocks will roar back. It's paper till you redeem anyway. Was there a couple years ago. Just gotta be patient.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stocks will roar back. It's paper till you redeem anyway. Was there a couple years ago. Just gotta be patient.

NBC interuptted our local news to scream about it, they like causing a panic.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang. Dad owes you a mountain dew now!
(You don't have to drink it).

Story time!
When I was a kid (just a few years ago , ahem) "Auntie" would sometimes let me get a mountain dew out of the storm shelter fridge.
Had a Hillbilly as part of what was painted on the needless to say glass bottle.

When Dad stopped at the bar after picking me up on my visiting weekends , I drank an occasional orange pop in a clear bottle with lots of little raised glass squares on part of it.
That same bar he worked at sometimes , and swapped clad coins for silver ones for a while when clad first came out....
That stuff might have whupped mountain dews butt!

I barely remember going to the laundry mat with my mom and big (older) brother. He got to drink one of those old green bottles with the hillbilly on it. He was hooked. I drank the red, white and blue pepsi until I was a teen, then it was mountain dew and doritos every friday night with Wolfman Jack.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rook,

Another slaughter on the markets today....I'll watch the after market action....might end up going to cash for both me and the missus tomorrow and waiting for things to bottom out.

We got our butt kicked during the 2008 meltdown and lost 50% of our value of investments. I'd rather take a hit of 20% or so and set on the sidelines then dealing with the crazy idiots overreation to this stuff.....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something interferes with my OTA TV channels all I can get is 1 NBC local & 1 next door in RI. No other local channels. TV stays off most of the day. Gonna have to go with radio I guess.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Something interferes with my OTA TV channels all I can get is 1 NBC local & 1 next door in RI. No other local channels. TV stays off most of the day. Gonna have to go with radio I guess.
I'll keep you in commercials Beeps. LOL.

Pepsi Cola Hits the spot.

Supposedly the guy putting the money in the piano juke box is James Dean in his first paying job and first TV appearance.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least older commercials were more entertaining.
I'm just gonna go climb in the hammock, and dream of rum. :sleepy2:
Nite, nite.... Zzzzz zzzz...z....

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions