THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If your looking for a recently lost ring, only go after shallow targets...if your just searching for rings in general good luck...

Don't forget to dig EVERY pull tab signal either.:laughing7: Eventually it pays off...and look at the exercise you get doing it.:laughing9:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty, I'm assuming the ring you'll be hunting for is a recent drop if so I'd drop the sensitivity about as low as it goes. That will eliminate most of the deeper object and just knock out iron. Depending on the size, etc....ring can id from foil right up into the coin range so a bit of a crap shoot what it'll id as.

So I tested my detector on some rings yesterday, and they all sounded different. It helps to know what kind of gold ring I'm looking for.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really awesome RR, great read too.
You just may top it, you've got time.I

MetalArch, I hope your dog is doing better.

For all you who are trying to decorate the ground with yourselves (WD), you know how the Captain feels about laying down on the job, deck, ground, etc. No falling allowed!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep what Bill said.
One I found was white gold so it had silver mixed in the gold, it rang up as a silver dime.
If the area isn't real big grid it so you cover each section well.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I tested my detector on some rings yesterday, and they all sounded different. It helps to know what kind of gold ring I'm looking for.

You could borrow my Ace 350 and when it goes ding,ding,ding ...Check for foil to pulltab and bottle cap icons ranges. :icon_thumright:
In jewelry mode it sees some rings as coins in higher range...

(Ain't helpin am I...)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Yeh....lol....I'd pretty much check out anything above iron but if he has the sensitivity way down low he should just have to scratch around on the surface to retrieve the finds or down into the surface area of grass.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RR
My M6 is just an MXT without threshold. In that case Gold rings should ring up from 19 to 22- 24. It could ring higher if it has an amount of silver in it. Gold bands give a more prominent VDI than stone rings.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
RR
My M6 is just an MXT without threshold. In that case Gold rings should ring up from 19 to 22- 24. It could ring higher if it has an amount of silver in it. Gold bands give a more prominent VDI than stone rings.

14/18 VDI It is more often going to be gold on the M-6,if it' repeats that is.

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A word of advice:

If you answer your phone and someone says, "Knock, knock." HANG UP IMMEDIATELY!!

It's a Jehovah's Witness working from home.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok. So I've been telling this really funny corona virus joke. It's really great. But I've stopped telling it. It was taking 7 days to see if people got it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Doubter
That's a funny knock knock joke, I don't care who you are.:laughing9::hello2::laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
True story.
My brother worked on the BN - Frisco RR for years as a brakeman which that job is gone now but anyway he worked odd hours from regular folk. One morning when he had worked all night and had just showered and gotten in bed a knock came on the door. He staggered to the door and there stood 2 Jehovah Witness. One ask did he know that the Devil is still alive in this world? Brother answered. Lady, right now I am the Devil and slammed the door. True story. I can hear him now.:laughing7:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
True story.
My brother worked on the BN - Frisco RR for years as a brakeman which that job is gone now but anyway he worked odd hours from regular folk. One morning when he had worked all night and had just showered and gotten in bed a knock came on the door. He staggered to the door and there stood 2 Jehovah Witness. One ask did he know that the Devil is still alive in this world? Brother answered. Lady, right now I am the Devil and slammed the door. True story. I can hear him now.:laughing7:

I can understand his frustration, working rail hours sucks. :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Maybe working odd hours for the RR sucks but you have to admit it pays better than burning down trees.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread