THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

GabiJohnson

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the cannons lost? Wonder what Beepbeep will think when she looks around and there nothing on the horizon?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello gabi...welcome aboard.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Gabi. Now you'll have to learn the crews secret hand shake.:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can understand his frustration, working rail hours sucks. :laughing7:

He worked the Extra board for years. That’s where you get the sorry hours till you get a regular job and seniority. He did get a regular job in the yard hostlin trains together. Spent 27 years out there till the knees went which is what gets most folks on the RR.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta quit fallin WD...

I'll bite my tongue about you not having a motorized mule...Ain't easy though.

One way I've muled brush on shanks mare (on foot) is to take several feet of rope and throw a loop in each end by tying bowlines.
About a three inch loop one one end ,and a roughly foot diameter loop in the other.
Lay the short loop on the butt of what you are dragging and run the other end of the ropes loop through it then draw it up tight. Use the bigger loop for a hand hold to drag with.
Be careful not to hit yourself in the back of the leg. Resistance letting loose can make what you're dragging jump forward....

If you have lots of little stuff /brush/small limbs ect. make a pile with butts forward and any curves in limbs upwards/skyward.
Then run your rope under and around running big loop through small loop to drag.

To get fancy if butts snag ground (shortening the rope can raise the load too) you can run a halfhitch on the butt ahead of your loops grip point.
A half hitch will slip off if routed one way ,and grip if routed the other. Hard for me to explain , but quite understandable when trying it out.

A stout couple foot limb section can be used for a tow handle if your gloved hands don't like the ropes pressure.
Lighter loads can help too.
Don't fight it and hurt or tire the mule (you).
An abused mule will balk and the project becomes too much a contention of a chore to have a good time.. :laughing7:

My dad's little battery powered chainsaw would be great, too! Mr WD doesn't like any of the battery powered yard tools. But for a whimpy girl like me, a whimpy tool would be perfect! I wouldn't be able to cut the trunk. I would be able to get the pesky branches downsized.

I ask MR WD for some rope.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

Me thinks you just added another word to the modern language lexicon. See you bright an early in the a.m.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread