THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ooh, Rooky sleepy, Arcy sleepy. Wd will just tippy toe around and see if'n she can find sum rum. Nice and quiet like. Shhhhh. Tippy toe tippy toe CRLUNK Clank clang dink ting ding! There it is! :laughing9:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RR,
What were the circumstances, if you're ok sharing?

It was May 6th 1864 during the battle of the Wildness. Elias made a bayonet charge with his regiment, and jumped into an occupied trench. A reb fired point blank into his chest, shattering his sternum, but barely missing his spine. He lived, but only after being left on the field for dead. He died in 1871 after years of infections.

Martin Trautman, another uncle died in a POW camp, Salisbury North Carolina. He died of Dysentery.

Emanuel Trautman was shot in the face at Petersburg, but lived.

Daniel Trautman survived the war, and had 17 kids, but was murdered in 1880.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah
Those three ringers had to be 350 grs. Or better. 69 cal. Had to be guessing, 375 grs. Or more.

DSC_1062.jpg

Here's a .71 cal. from Pea Ridge Arkansas.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Heh you're getting there....in a pinch we also use the frozen pizzas and jazz them up with some extras.

Apparently, MR WD liked it. None leftover.

One of my favorites that my mom used to fix was pizza. She would get the cheap pizza mix in a box. I think the brand is Jiffy. She would fry up hamburger and diced onions to put on it, pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, green olives, and mozzarella. I loved it! I fixed it when we first got married and he didn't like it. Haven't had it since.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I don't know what we have left to eat. May have to go to the store. Yuk!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It was May 6th 1864 during the battle of the Wildness. Elias made a bayonet charge with his regiment, and jumped into an occupied trench. A reb fired point blank into his chest, shattering his sternum, but barely missing his spine. He lived, but only after being left on the field for dead. He died in 1871 after years of infections...
My great grandfather, 1st Sargent 10th New Jersey was also at the Battle of the Wilderness, bur he survived that and Gettysburg, and was part of the Occupation of Danville, Virginia during May-June, 1865, looking for the records of the Confederacy and whether part of the CSA Treasury was hidden there.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It was May 6th 1864 during the battle of the Wildness. Elias made a bayonet charge with his regiment, and jumped into an occupied trench. A reb fired point blank into his chest, shattering his sternum, but barely missing his spine. He lived, but only after being left on the field for dead. He died in 1871 after years of infections.

Martin Trautman, another uncle died in a POW camp, Salisbury North Carolina. He died of Dysentery.

Emanuel Trautman was shot in the face at Petersburg, but lived.

Daniel Trautman survived the war, and had 17 kids, but was murdered in 1880.

RR,
I think it's a good thing to know some family history. Maybe it helps us feel connected, part of something deeper.
I don't know many details of my family history, except some ancestry. Thanks for sharing.
Idaho

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
My great grandfather, 1st Sargent 10th New Jersey was also at the Battle of the Wilderness, bur he survived that and Gettysburg, and was part of the Occupation of Danville, Virginia during May-June, 1865, looking for the records of the Confederacy and whether part of the CSA Treasury was hidden there.

ECS,
This is good information to have. My folks moved from Pennsylvania after they got married, ending up in Phoenix through almost my whole childhood. Not much contact with distant cousins. No campfire revelations from grandpas, or uncles.
Hadn't thought about it like that before. I'm glad you and RR have some of that history.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ECS, and all the crew that’s not awake yet! Shhhh....

I see WD found the rum, enjoy that rummified sleep!

Let’s see 1,652....1653...1654...1655... hey!... where are the rest of the empty rum barrels? Oh geez! Now I have to tip toe around and hunt them down.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GB a belated Happy Birthday to ya!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna charge the I-pad and make coffee, gonna need it when the crew gets up! :coffee2:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning MsBB & AARC :hello:
Another day another half dollar working from home on furlough. :sadsmiley:

Detecting everyday for the next two weeks as of Friday at 5pm though.

Have a great day everyone!
Dave

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning forum frocklickers.

OP