THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, everyone. Time to wrap the presents. Rainy day here. Phones have been burning up with calls and texts over the hullabalue with the past fishing tournament and both derbies. There were 2 guys that won all 3 events. They failed one of the derbies polygraph, passed the other, and the tournament didn't give them a polygraph. Rumored that they stole somebody elses fish before they went off on the tournament. Supposedly there are pics of said fish. Lots of fisherman are peeved to say the least. Well that's all for the west central Ohio report. Have a great day!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, everyone. Time to wrap the presents. Rainy day here. Phones have been burning up with calls and texts over the hullabalue with the past fishing tournament and both derbies. There were 2 guys that won all 3 events. They failed one of the derbies polygraph, passed the other, and the tournament didn't give them a polygraph. Rumored that they stole somebody elses fish before they went off on the tournament. Supposedly there are pics of said fish. Lots of fisherman are peeved to say the least. Well that's all for the west central Ohio report. Have a great day!
Wow.....more drama than a million dollar marlin tournament !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It just goes to show that when awards or $$$ money us involved humans have a need to cheat.
So sad that the world is like this

I caught 2 guys detecting on private property. Coming up on my property.
The very next day I see the one guy's mug shot in the newspapers.
For what? His "ethical" detecting practices.
He also got an award from the historical board as well.
I put more ethical standards in Max's doo-doo.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

You two about ready to go fish somewhere non tourney yet? L.o.l...

One I only competed in had two guys we didn't know show up and the guys running it took thier entry fee.
No thought of checking thier cooler or live well if they had one.
Dead fish with white gills submitted at weigh in.....
Live and learn I guess.
Not that they couldn't have tethered or live penned fish somewhere pre-event.

I took one trophy and had my fill of the politics and shenanigans' in that go round enough to not pursue more tourneys.. It takes a thicker skin than mine to not want to scuttle some idiots sometimes.
And that's not my idea of fishing.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A25325F8-3C27-4E05-8B65-AEDF7CDF284E.gif
Time for physical therapy see y’all

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I tried ivermectin and didn't work for me...my wife caught me outside chewing on grass after taking it.
I know you are making a joke, but I wonder how many people died unnecessarily from the China virus because of the lies spread by Dr. Falsi and the fake news media.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to walk to one of my sites I've gone over many times that had a old home and barn that are long gone in the very beginning of the 1900s going to set my metal detectors reactivity to 1 and looks for deeper stuff and take it slow since I've cleaned the site up really well at this point.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Going to walk to one of my sites I've gone over many times that had a old home and barn that are long gone in the very beginning of the 1900s going to set my metal detectors reactivity to 1 and looks for deeper stuff and take it slow since I've cleaned the site up really well at this point.
Morning John
Good to read that you're are playing with the settings.
Have you tried the deep program yet?
The ID is off as it hits harder, but way deeper.
Get a weak/small signal-switch it over and have a listen.
Not much good if there's larger/iron infested areas. Too enhanced.
Best of luck.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't believe I took the time to post up a finds post. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread