The Revolution

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For any of you that love the Rev War period in this country there's a great show called The Revolution. It originally aired on the History channel in 06. It details some of the major battles and also lots of the military leaders on both sides. It starts basically around the time of the Tea Party and goes through to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.A lot of interesting facts about GW and some of the others such as Benedict Arnold who was actually a very gifted military tactician. An interesting fact about GW is that he executed some of his own Continental soldiers who tried to lead an uprising. Anyway it's a 13 part series and if you like this time period you will love this show. It's more of a factual historical account than a glorified "based upon actual events" movie. I was pretty surprised to learn more about the men of The Revolutionary period

Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to put this in General Discussion. If it can be moved that's be great. This is available in a 4 DVD set or occasionally on the History channel

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to check that out. I also just finished watching the first three parts of Sons of Liberty. It's cold, I'm stir crazy, and had nothin to watch. Thanks for the tip

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to check that out. I also just finished watching the first three parts of Sons of Liberty. It's cold, I'm stir crazy, and had nothin to watch. Thanks for the tip

Yeah this is basically Sons of Liberty minus all of the embellishment and added drama. I did love SOL though. Very cool show. This one isn't as flashy and exciting but if you want to learn a lot of info that you prob don't know this is the one

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Texas Rising" premieres memorial day on the History Channel. It looks like it will be pretty good. Has a lot of famous actors in it. Here is the YouTube link.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to check out that show "the revolution". I may have seen it before but can't remember.
I don't know how accurate it is but I watched the first season of "turn" on AMC awhile back and thought it was decent. Anyone watch it before? What do you think if you did?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424020688.883123.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread