The Rising Sea of Clad.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
1965 was the YOB (year of betrayal), in which it was decided that Americans should no longer earn or settle their debts with real money.

Since 1965, there have been 47 more years of relatively worthless coins added to circulation. As the years go by there will be more, and more and MORE clad added to the circulation (unless the USA leaves the metal-coin standard altogether).

Just looking at all the shiny new 2010 and 2011 makes me sick. But as the next 10 and 15 years-worth of coin are added (assuming again that we stick with metal coins) the silvers will be buried under a rising sea of clad.

Which just makes it more important to do more volume, suffer more skunks, and WORK HARDER.

Don't know if the silver will taper off, but it sure will be harder to find.

But I'm not giving up. I'm old, but I ain't retired yet.

Keep on Rollin' !

Upvote 0
Nice post and a good perspective on things... How is silver looking a year from now?Obviously in the past 3 months it has been up and down, but a year from now we could see a new norm and that could come in the form of somewhere around $60/oz...

The world is changing - our country is changing.

Hopefully it never gets to the point where we have to spend our silver coins for everyday items. I would much rather stockpile and pass down to my daughter.

Shawn (very sleepy)

Thank you Shawn;

If you haven't noticed yet, part of my personality runs to the pessimistic end of the spectrum.

I believe we will see the day that silver is right where Gold is now.

And if that is so, it puts an entirely different light on what we are doing.

Listen everybody: STASHING SILVER MAY BE MORE THAN A HOBBY !! IT MAY DETERMINE YOUR FUTURE FINANCIAL SURVIVAL !!

Sleepy ? Who needs Caffeine?

Keep on Rollin' !

Thanks for this perspective. As I newb I have read alot of posts saying "there is no silver left!" I refuse to believe this, my first half box I got 37 silver halves :headbang: I decided those posts were just trying to discourage me, Ive got four more boxes coming on Thursday :icon_thumright:

Cherish your older americans as well. I lost both my grandparents way too early, They can teach you something and most of them have a stash of silver coins usually. Don't sell off all your silver for profit, If only coins could talk... I can pick up any old mercury dime and honestly say I hope I look this good in 100 years!! I plan on giving everything to my grandkids and educate them to the best of my ability. I am one of the younger americans who is and will fight to get america back to her former glory. IF only I could tell that to the 50% of americans who don't pay income taxes... blahhhh done with my rant now :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back