VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The original poster is a friend and he asked me to tell everyone that ALL info. relating to the Shark Pit is gone from this site. The Website is gone too. FYI.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
We miss Rob and all of his Great Finds. I won the shirt he donated at the FMDAC, Myrtle Beach ,South Carolina Hunt. and Surprised him with A Charlotte Observer ( Dale Earnhardt Senior Newspaper) goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob will be greatly missed here on Tnet. I'm glad to say he is still a friend of mine and in contact almost daily. Unfortunately one inconsiderate clown ruined it for all of us.
-MM-

Zofchak

Mar 11, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Excaliburs, Sovereign GT and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amasters said:
OK, now you've got me curious...what happened? Can we learn a lesson here?

When posting finds don't give out any clues to your hunting location! :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amasters said:
OK, now you've got me curious...what happened? Can we learn a lesson here?
"Friend" gets invited to hunt a site.
"Friend" let's greed get the best of him.
"Friend" returns to site with others.
"Friend" turns into enemy.

The lesson for today is, sometimes a "friend" turns into a snake. :nono:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Rob will be greatly missed here on Tnet. I'm glad to say he is still a friend of mine and in contact almost daily. Unfortunately one inconsiderate clown ruined it for all of us.
-MM-
True. He is a good guy. I remember one time he sent me a few cookie coins and a token or two plus a few shark's teeth, all from the shark pit. Remember he used to have those guessing games with the cookie coins on here?

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
I always enjoyed the posts from the pit.
There's 1000's of people that won't post or participate in web forums because of what happened to Rob.(not specifically though)
Nothing good ever comes from Greed and mistrust.
ROB,
I hope you haven't lost access to YOUR spot.
Miss your hard work,
Newt

Corinth1812

Jun 16, 2009
Corinth, Illinois It aint on the map! Southern
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/sunray probe, Excelerator EQ2 coil
I wondered what happened to those posts. That guy found some serious goodies.. Let me guess, someone found out where he was finding his goodies, and decided to detect there without permission. Thats how metal detecting gets a bad rap.

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I am really disapointed in the fact we are not going to be able to enjoy anymore "shark pit" finds on here as I along with many truly enjoyed them. I do know exactly the feeling that Rob is going through as it has happened to me on T-net. I had gave out too much info on where I was making my finds and with in a few days my spot was bombarded by detectorist. The worst was even some members of the club I "use" to belong to hammered it even bringing thier friends and nieghbors. We will miss you Rob!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I really want to know who the jerk was who did this to Rob.......... to make sure whoever this guy is, never gets invited to any other spot ever again. >:(

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
ModernMiner said:
-MM-
True. He is a good guy. I remember one time he sent me a few cookie coins and a token or two plus a few shark's teeth, all from the shark pit. Remember he used to have those guessing games with the cookie coins on here?

I remember those games. :thumbsup: Always a lot of fun. There used to be a traveling treasure chest going around from Tnet member to member. Each person would fill it with whatever goodies they wanted to and send it to another member as a surprise. Rob sent it to me filled with relics from the Shark Pit, hats, and more. I was amazed at the generosity. :hello2:
My favorite from Rob was seeing one of the water detecting videos he shot and he pulled up two crabs mating. Of course he put some Barry White music to it which made it even more funny. :laughing9:
The Shark Pit will be missed here on Tnet.
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not like he died or something....He was just detecting with Ty last weekend down at the CW camp ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
It's not like he died or something....He was just detecting with Ty last weekend down at the CW camp ;D

True, but unfortunately for us his pictures and posts died..... :'(

M

MiniMe

Please ::) didn't we all go through this last year.....really.....let it go people. He's not the only person this has happened to. I've hunted with the guy, nice guy. My personal opinion - he let the bad guy win by running away. What did removing his posts, pictures or web site resolve? :icon_scratch: Not the issue at hand. Oh well - his loss. There are to many great people out here with great finds to look at, for me to be worrying about someone crying over a public site. You can find out just about anything over the internet these days, you don't need someone to tell you about it. To much drama for me, sorry! Life is to short - get over it and move on.....

For me...it's time to sit back with an adult beverage and enjoy reading about today's finds. Have a good day! HH! Mini

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread