The "Silver Park" Strikes Again! $1.05 in Silver, 51 Wheats!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
The "Silver Park" Strikes Again! $1.05 in Silver, 51 Wheats!

Hello My Friends!

For the past two days, I decided to detect my "silver park", which coughed up 186 silver coins last year for me. With the ground saturated, I was hearing "deepie" (8-9.5") targets in the areas that took a real pillaging last year. I couldn't believe how many deep signals were still left in the ground. There's no shortage of 6-8" clad targets too. :sad1: The number of 60's coins is, unfortunately, extraordinary also. Yesterday, I pulled a '48 Washington and a '63 Rosie, along with 22 wheaties in an area I have detected no fewer than 5 times last year. In fact, I remember the spot very well when Mike(ratman) introduced me to this area back in '07, when I was a "newbie" with my SE. At that time, I had the SE slimline coil on, and I couldn't even detect the area because of the radio interference. I left after 10 minutes. Good thing I didn't give up on the area altogether. Since purchasing the 1050 and now Pro Coil for my machine, the area has been easily detectable with no interference, and has been very fruitful in the silver/wheatie category. Today, I met Mike(ratman) and his Dad in the same general area, and bagged 2 Washingtons('37, '40), 2 Rosies, and 13 wheaties. The '37 Washington was lying vertical at 6" in my plug....what a site! And the '40 Washington, which was down 9+", had a '63 penny lying right next to it. I'm sure they were dropped at the same time. The other 16 wheaties were found at a Barrio park over the weekend. Mike, I'm glad you got to listen to 2 of my silver signals. You've got your Exp. II dialed in now for the deepies. I've had a very enjoyable two days at my "silver park". You gotta go where you've found the silver before...it's a no brainer! :headbang:

Thanks for looking!

Keep The Passion High! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3367_sm.jpg
    IMG_3367_sm.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • IMG_3368_sm.jpg
    IMG_3368_sm.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,059
Upvote 0

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Re: The "Silver Park" Strikes Again! $1.05 in Silver, 51 Wheats!

Hi Capt.:

Looks like you are up to your old tricks again (or have you ever stopped) WTG I am in Spain water hunting and will post some pix as soon as I figure out my new camera and computer. I have 25 pieces of gold and over $200.00 worth of coins . Having loads of fun and wish all the best of luck in the coming months.

Les

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Way to go. Nice silver haul.
Dman

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man , thats a lot of silver Dan - good score on the quarters , silver quarters are a tough find for

me . Nice hunt ! Argentium.

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California

WTG Capt!

I just may need to purchase an E-Trac, Sounds like it does detect deeper than the SE or any of the other Explorers?

I'll keep in touch with you soon, Got a few questions to ask you about the e-trac. I have a few pounded parks in my area I'd like to try it out.

Congrats Dan :thumbsup:
Paul (Ca)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice finds Captn,

I'd love to see what you could find in my old parks. You have to be a pro woods hunter though to hit my sites. They all are densly wooded area's. I don't hunt lawns very often. I'd like to take a pro like your self to one of them and see what they could find. It's so hard to hunt a good park out.

HH Jer

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE

:thumbsup: way to go dan! you sure do find a lot of washingtons!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Very nice Dan! Of course it's what I expect from you :D

I hope to get back out to my spot again tomorrow, weather permitting, and hope to find a silver or two.

Cheers,

Jim

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

kdismuke1 said:
YOU ARE THE PARK KING. ALWAYS GETTING THE SILVER. :thumbsup:

Thanks, kdismuke1! I just try to make the best of my turf spots. Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

seger98 said:
Nice job, once again WOW

WOW, you're the second reply to my post this time!! :o ;D ;D You're usually the first! :tard: :tongue3: Thanks, bud! :thumbsup:

wildcatman71 said:
man thats awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, wildcatman!! Good luck to you!

camperlee said:
good going keep them comming. :thumbsup:

Thanks, camperlee! Good luck to you out there! :thumbsup:

t-bucket said:
WTG,Dan !!!! Congrats on the silver and the Wheats !!!! Sorry if I missed any posts my internet has been down for a while.Have a good one and good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! Hey, I didn't even know you were offline for a while! Hope you're able to get out there and find some oldies!! :thumbsup:

outback2000 said:

chatking6969 said:

Thanks, OutBack and ChatKing!! :thumbsup:

beetle662 said:
Congrats! That's a nice haul!!!!

:thumbsup:

Thanks, Beetle!! Good luck out there! :thumbsup:

Denver Nuggets said:
Most excellent!

DN

Thanks, DN! Good luck to you!! :thumbsup:

gold nuggets said:
Nice finds Dan........ you always manage to pull
silver out of parks that have been hunted to death. :thumbsup:
And you still find a lot of wheats as well. Congratulations on
a fine hunt with your friends. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks, Richard! Yeah, I'm still finding them....It's amazing what a little saturated ground can do to help locate those real "deepies".

As the former Governor of your state once said, "There you go again."

Yep, here I go again, Henry! Look out! ;D

R

robbuckalew

great silver and wheats...sounds like a a breakfast cereal :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

very nice job on the silver and wheats Captian SE! :)

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For the love of Pete! You sure you're not knocking off the bank every other day?

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Danno' You are still getting the deepies! I am chomping at the bit to get out. Of course now that the snow is melting, the rain will come and make things a mud pit for a while. After that it will dry a bit and then It's On!!!! Keep pushing those warm winds towards the midwest okay. Thanks Buddy and once again congrats on the digs. :thumbsup: jgas

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Hey Dan, those quarters are great!! WTG! I think you are due for a barber next. :icon_pirat: HH!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Dang, Dan! I hunted all last season just to find one single silver George. You got three in one hunt!!

Superb finds as usual!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

itbeepsidig

Oct 8, 2007

Nice finds captain. I always like to view your posts because you find more old coins than anybody I know. I watch for posts by you and silverfreak. This post is about yours though so again...I'm amazed at the amount of nice finds you continue to make. Nice job.

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer

Love the quarters :thumbsup:

w2g

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer

Dan ,you are the Man Nice finds Congrats HHR

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro

It is amazing how you can go over the same areas with the same machines and magically new targets appear.
So many things can change the ground conditions, moisture content, weather, barometric pressure who knows but it happens. One day you'll think you've got an area hunted out then go back a week later and think now how in the heck did I miss that. You sir are a master at knowing what works and finding what others miss.
Congratulations on another splendid hunt.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro

Great finds, I'm thinking you should write a book. You are one with your machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread