The Solution Rest Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BE AMAZED!

:coffee2::tongue3: :hello: NOW! MEXICAN Treasury "Theory"... (even PV had it). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & Jewelry came from MEXICAN WAR of 1848, or so... AND! I am adding the MEXICAN Treasury of 1867... MEXICAN COINS & FRENCH JEWELRY from MEXICO!... not ST. LOO! NOW! Emperor Max I had help from TX KGC/ex-REBS in 1867; yes, EMP MAX was shot by Mexican Firing Squad; some Mexican "Loyalists"/Indians noticed Max was still breathing; they asked permission to "bury" him.
They got such permission, and Max was "nursed" back to health... he later joined his "beloved" (wife), in Europe. He rewarded JJ & KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, so "legends" say... :hello2::hello2::hello2::2barsgold::2barsgold::2barsgold::treasurechest::treasurechest:8-)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reb, can you imagine trading for biscuits with maggots in them just so you could get some protein with your food. Today we complain when our food is cold. :laughing7:

Who knows what additional enlightenment 2015 might bring?

HA! Price of SOME food & RED MEAT is going UP in 2015! Time to become a "Veggie"; NO meat, NO Maggots...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It never ceases to amaze me how your deductive acumen leads to erroneous conclusions. :laughing11:

The most appropriate quote I have found for ANYTHING in the Treasure Legends forum.

You can prove anything you want by coldly logical reason---if you pick the proper postulates.

ISAAC ASIMOV, I, Robot

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reb quote, "NOW! Additional I & R indicate that CSA Gen. J.O. Shelby (from MO... "worked" with Q's Guerillas) "headed" an expedition "into" Mexico, PROBABLY to "help" Emperor Maximillan I & get his GOLD out of Mexico... "good ole" REBELS were KGC from TX; go from there."

Where did Shelby live in Mexico; and who came up with the idea of a settlement for "folks" to live in?

"Maury's New Virginia" was my response to your post of Shelby @Rebs going to Mexico.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reb quote, "NOW! Additional I & R indicate that CSA Gen. J.O. Shelby (from MO... "worked" with Q's Guerillas) "headed" an expedition "into" Mexico, PROBABLY to "help" Emperor Maximillan I & get his GOLD out of Mexico... "good ole" REBELS were KGC from TX; go from there."

Where did Shelby live in Mexico; and who came up with the idea of a settlement for "folks" to live in?

"Maury's New Virginia" was my response to your post of Shelby @Rebs going to Mexico.

After the CONFEDERATE WAR (aka CIVIL War...); there was a REBEL (CSA) Conclave in Mexico City; read it in several books, which MAY be "cited" on-line, dunno. "Google" REBEL (CSA) Conclaves in Mexico City after Civil War.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Maximilian I gave acres to each family of Shelby's Iron Brigade that settled in Mexico. The area in Cordoba Mexico was called the Colony of Carlota. named after Maximilian's wife, who admired the cultured southern general.
"I am here as an exile defeated by the acts of the southern people themselves who loved their lands more than principle...Let them reap what they deserve, eternal disgrace. Damn 'em, they we're foolish enough to think that by laying down their arms they would enjoy all the rights they once had...I am not one to ask forgiveness for that which I believe to day is right. The Republican Party in charge had manifested no leniency"
-CSA Gen Joseph O Shelby, Colony of Carlota, Mexico - Nov 1865

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Maximilian I gave acres to each family of Shelby's Iron Brigade that settled in Mexico. The area in Cordoba Mexico was called the Colony of Carlota. named after Maximilian's wife, who admired the cultured southern general.
"I am here as an exile defeated by the acts of the southern people themselves who loved their lands more than principle...Let them reap what they deserve, eternal disgrace. Damn 'em, they we're foolish enough to think that by laying down their arms they would enjoy all the rights they once had...I am not one to ask forgiveness for that which I believe to day is right. The Republican Party in charge had manifested no leniency"
-CSA Gen Joseph O Shelby, Colony of Carlota, Mexico - Nov 1865

TY, ECS!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Shelby was settled in Cordoba only about a year.
Colony was Maury's project.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking like y'all are saying here that it looks like there is a Beale to Lafitte link> What are the Facts for this it sounds interesting.
Thomas Beale did know Lafitte, from the Battle of New Orleans (and the British kept a 'coming)and from the gambling and sporting houses Beale owned in New Orleans.
After Beale's death, Sept 1820, Jean Lafitte's lawyer, John Randolph Grymes, represented Celeste Beale, widow, and the Beale Estate, in probate court against several claims.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thomas Beale did know Lafitte, from the Battle of New Orleans (and the British kept a 'coming)and from the gambling and sporting houses Beale owned in New Orleans.
After Beale's death, Sept 1820, Jean Lafitte's lawyer, John Randolph Grymes, represented Celeste Beale, widow, and the Beale Estate, in probate court against several claims.

CORRECT! I have SAME info! Well done, ECS!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beale knew, and associated with, General Charles Lallemand. In fact, it's very, very likely that Lallemand and others were part of the Beale party. This is new sources of information, letters and correspondences written in French, that are just unfolding. If Beale knew and associated with Lallemand in the business described then he certainly knew Laffite and held association with him as well. All of this has to do with the founding of a new France, but there were also other big money interest at play as well.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think you are correct with Beale having something to do with Lafitte. Beale did live to 1824. unless you can show me proof he died in 1880. Captain Beale has 4 children can we name them and have a birth date for them.

Celeste J Beale Born 1825
James W Beale Born 1820
Octavine Beale Born ? 1816-1824
Elizi Beale Born ? 1816-1824
View attachment 1106581 1820

"Captain" Thomas Beale, Sr. died in 1820; Thomas Beale, Jr. died in 1823... he was 23 years old.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have documentation on Octavia Belae Born in May 3rd 1821 . Baptized Dec 8th 1822 .

Ever had kids? Now count back nine months from May, 1821. So somewhere around Sept. 1820 two people were doing the fun nasty. You don't have to be alive when they're born but it was pretty much required back in the day that you had to be alive to make them. :laughing7: So Octavia being born in May, 1821, only insures that Beale was alive up to September, 1820, or there abouts.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have said in the past, there is some evidence suggesting that he may not have actually died in New Orleans at all. There has always been some confusion in certain records.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I checked the Archive in Baton Rouge, there are no Beale's in the Cemetery Girod were the Supper Dome is now. No death Certificate for him . ST Louis 1 going back to the 1770s is next on the list for Captain Thomas Beale grave site search.
If Beale lived and died in Baton Rouge, WHY was his will Contested in a New Orleans court?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Beale lived and died in Baton Rouge, WHY was his will Contested in a New Orleans court?

There is always the possibility that his death was manufactured, or faked. Not saying that's the case but it wouldn't be the first time. Back in the day this would have been much easier to pull off with proper advanced planning and perhaps a few key people in right places. To this day no one can prove Laffite's date or place of death, and this is just one of many that are still unknown/uncertain.

If you recall we had this same type of discussion a while back.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a very good chance, even likely, that your author told you exactly who he was when he pointed towards the western portion of the state. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread