The Square Round Table

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I went out Saturday and dug some more.
It was kinda hard for me to dig due to me going out on Friday evening celebrating my 34th wedding anniversary.
Yes, I drank my customary bottle of wine and paid the price on Saturday morning.:tongue3:
Though I was dragging, I went anyway.

Luckily, the temperature wasn't too bad for August, and just touched 100 degrees when I got back to the truck.
I spent four hours out there and drank all 6 bottles of water I brought with me.

I am down to just two holes, they are about 4 feet apart.
The good news is that the magnetometer says there is something down there.
The bad news is that I don't know what, if the holes are off a few inches, or if the magnetometer was just playing with me.

Now I am deep enough where I just can't turn the hand auger anymore, even with my 4-foot extra wide handle....as the mud is simply too hard.
Both holes are 8 or 9 feet down now.
(I have dug 19-foot holes before without this much trouble...unfair....blast!)

So this means it will take me longer to make progress.
This is because I will have to use a much smaller diameter auger to dig deeper into the hard mud/clay/whatever....then dig the same foot again with the larger diameter auger size that I need to get down 20ish feet.
Double the work, without double the fun. :-\

With each scoop, I still have to:
(1) bail the ever-present dag-nabbit water in the hole…
(2) dig…
(3) rig up a lever…
(4) use the lever to break the water suction hold on the auger head
(5) unrig the lever…
(6) pull the pipe up…
(which is really heavy for an old guy like me, probably 50 pounds hand over hand as I raise it up...and will only get heavier the more sections of iron pipe I have to add as I go down)...
(7) empty the auger head's mud…
(8) rest in the shade...
(9) drink some water...
repeat for another scoop...times 2 if I have to use two sizes of auger heads for each foot I dig....sheesh…
(each scoop is about 1/2 a foot of ground)

On Sunday, counter to my wife's wishes, I took a recovery day to scout out another potential treasure within driving distance to me.
Too many cows and too many little mobile homes on too many tiny little plots.
It will take me probably years to get permission from all those red necks and ranchers, in my opinion.

Also, I would need to get a 2-box metal detector for that treasure.
The wife threw a fit when I mentioned that little fact.:violent1: (I am on the left, the wife is on the right)

So I better see the salt marsh through to the bitter end.
Hopefully, the bitter end won't be the salt marsh killing me...ha!

“The treasure is likely to be your death,
though the dragon is no more! (Roac to Thorin)”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!! :notworthy:

Go 'find' her something nice! It works with my family and friends on different things. It doesn't matter if you 'find' it at Jared's. lol! She will love that. :love3::love3::diamond-ring::diamond-ring:

Kace

Last edited:

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

My intention for today's trip to the salt marsh was to reach a depth of 10 feet down for both of my remaining holes.
On the other hand, the salt marsh's intention was to see just how hard I would work to do that.
Mr. Marsh is older and meaner than I am.

I kept digging in the first hole and bringing out bucket after bucket of sand-mud.
And yet I didn't seem to be making any progress at all.

So I used one of the clips of my suspenders and the auger handle height to see just how far I was getting with each full scoop of mud-sand.
I discovered that no matter how many buckets of mud-sand I brought up, I was getting absolutely NOWHERE, not even an inch deeper per scoop. :BangHead:

Since I know Mr. Marsh's tricks, I knew that the hole was just caving in with each scoop.
Mr. Marsh was just watching (and laughing at) me bake in the hot Texas August sun.

So I countered Mr. Marsh's move and sunk a 10 foot PVC pipe down (6-inch diameter) to stop the cave-ins.
Then I used a smaller auger head to start digging (4-inch diameter).
That did the trick.
"Tit-for-tat", Mr. Marsh.

After a while, I used 5 cinder-blocks plus my weight, to push the 6-inch diameter PVC pipe down to a depth of 9 feet and 11 inches.
That was just 1 inch shy of my 10-foot goal for today.
I should have taken a picture. (sorry)

Therefore, it was kind of a draw for Barn vs. Marsh.
I was only able to work on one hole today, not both remaining holes.

I was out there 4.5 hours and cooked my poor body.
I simply could not do any more today. :sad1:

Even though I worked slowly, took plenty of breaks, and drank all 6 bottles of water I took out there,
I had to really rush back to my truck before passing out with exhaustion.
I don't think I would have made it back to my truck if my "trusty" electric bike broke down on the way back.
It is about due to break again.

There will always be next week for the other hole.
Now that I am wiser, hopefully, I can achieve my today's goal, er, next week.

“Celebrate the effort, for it is in the trying that you discover you.”
—Sima Dahl
(take that, Mr. Marsh)

Barn

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting...I didn't know that... I'm familiar with Gematria though, I just haven't thought about the Masonic or Freemason Symbols in that way.

I have a question for you... I'm very familiar with the history of the Person that the Masonic and Freemason Symbol Monument and His Wife belong to.

In the Gematria you are using, just say for a minute that the Waning Crescent Moon on the monument was actually the letter C instead of a Waning Crescent Moon...then you have the F of Freemasonry... What would the CF mean to you?

Then...Using just the F what would that mean to you in Gematria?

I hope that makes sense!

Thank You,

Kace

Kace, The letters "CF" have the value of 3 and 6 or 36 which is a representation of three 6's or 666 which is JESUS.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace, The letters "CF" have the value of 3 and 6 or 36 which is a representation of three 6's or 666 which is JESUS.

Thanks franklin!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

I know... usually those numbers relate to Satan huh? I have seen some gematria and religions that do not think that it's the mark of the devil.

Notice I won't write them...

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Everyone,

My intention for today's trip to the salt marsh was to reach a depth of 10 feet down for both of my remaining holes.
On the other hand, the salt marsh's intention was to see just how hard I would work to do that.
Mr. Marsh is older and meaner than I am.

I kept digging in the first hole and bringing out bucket after bucket of sand-mud.
And yet I didn't seem to be making any progress at all.

So I used one of the clips of my suspenders and the auger handle height to see just how far I was getting with each full scoop of mud-sand.
I discovered that no matter how many buckets of mud-sand I brought up, I was getting absolutely NOWHERE, not even an inch deeper per scoop. :BangHead:

Since I know Mr. Marsh's tricks, I knew that the hole was just caving in with each scoop.
Mr. Marsh was just watching (and laughing at) me bake in the hot Texas August sun.

So I countered Mr. Marsh's move and sunk a 10 foot PVC pipe down (6-inch diameter) to stop the cave-ins.
Then I used a smaller auger head to start digging (4-inch diameter).
That did the trick.
"Tit-for-tat", Mr. Marsh.

After a while, I used 5 cinder-blocks plus my weight, to push the 6-inch diameter PVC pipe down to a depth of 9 feet and 11 inches.
That was just 1 inch shy of my 10-foot goal for today.
I should have taken a picture. (sorry)

Therefore, it was kind of a draw for Barn vs. Marsh.
I was only able to work on one hole today, not both remaining holes.

I was out there 4.5 hours and cooked my poor body.
I simply could not do any more today. :sad1:

Even though I worked slowly, took plenty of breaks, and drank all 6 bottles of water I took out there,
I had to really rush back to my truck before passing out with exhaustion.
I don't think I would have made it back to my truck if my "trusty" electric bike broke down on the way back.
It is about due to break again.

There will always be next week for the other hole.
Now that I am wiser, hopefully, I can achieve my today's goal, er, next week.

“Celebrate the effort, for it is in the trying that you discover you.”
—Sima Dahl
(take that, Mr. Marsh)

Barn

Daaaang Barn! I hoped it was going to be a bit easier on your last couple of holes!

Give that bike a tune up so you don't end up afoot, I hate thinking about you overheating out there!

Thanks for the update!

Kace

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know... usually those numbers relate to Satan huh? I have seen some gematria and religions that do not think that it's the mark of the devil.

Notice I won't write them...

Kace

Sometimes superstitions and beliefs hide or cancel the TRUTH.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes superstitions and beliefs hide or cancel the TRUTH.

You Are Exactly Right! That's why I always try to get others input on things.

Kace

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought about whether The Woodmen Of The World, or, ' Odd Fellows ' organizations were also involved in KGC, OAK, Etc.
Any one on here care to speak of it?
Thanks
I have a very hard time believing that the outfit is dead. I think mostly underground and also hiding behind good names, advertising,
and monopolies.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have thought about whether The Woodmen Of The World, or, ' Odd Fellows ' organizations were also involved in KGC, OAK, Etc.
Any one on here care to speak of it?
Thanks
I have a very hard time believing that the outfit is dead. I think mostly underground and also hiding behind good names, advertising,
and monopolies.

W.O.W. was started in Omaha Nebraska and had very racist policies in the beginning years, just like Nebraska did until 1868. Time changed and so did the W.O.W. company.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W.O.W. was started in Omaha Nebraska and had very racist policies in the beginning years, just like Nebraska did until 1868. Time changed and so did the W.O.W. company.
Do you think it might pay to check out those cemetery's?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

They wouldn't even sell policies to women either...Not very business smart considering the men usually died first.

Just Sayin'.

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread