The Square Tab and the 10k Ring

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So lately silver coins have eluded me but the gold rings are filling the void. Using my ET I was running a trashy park pattern that I tighten up even more in the copper range and was using the NEL Sharpshooter while trying to pick through the moderate trash here. I still leave a wider nickel notch looking for Buffalo's. This site is late forties so should be some but only seeing Jefferson's. I came over a jumpy 12-13 with a null. The sq. tabs have been running in the bouncy 12-13 range but it was a solid hit it one direction. When I flipped the plug which was dry as the desert I see the tab and just an inch or so over there was a ring. In the hole it looked like a Cracker Jack style ring. There are 4 diamond chips that are in the middle and intact. On its own it comes in as a solid 12-10 so if it wasn't for the tab I would have missed the ring. 12-10 is discriminated out. Looking like an older style 10k cocktail ring. Maybe fifties. We could use some rain in the Queen City. Its almost causing no yard hunting season and that is usually July. Ground is starting to crack! Even a good plug could kill the grass. Thanks for looking JR

Attachments

• DSCF2961.JPG
    DSCF2961.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 20150515_182157.jpg
    20150515_182157.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 10

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool!, I like that ring a lot. I know what you mean about the rain, yesterdays hunt was ok for us, started to see some dry land in places, and in others It was still a bit damp
got a nice quick soaker today, that should help a bit

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring and way to go on the hunch. No matter what the machine, gold hides in the trash, so take a risk! Sub 8-)

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on that nice gold ring:occasion14:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Shovel Nose, nice ring save ! :occasion14: My last ring read out at like 12-06 . I don't discriminate those low signals out I am open I even dig some 01 signals just out of curiosity. I found out today that my new coiltek could get a small patch of foil down around nine inches. Not much should escape it ! Key is the operator willing enough to dig ??? I do get tired sometimes, those danged pulls often look yellowish when just coming out of the ground lol !

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty of a cocktail ring you found.

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find John! That is a hard place to hunt and I agree that we need some rain here. I was hunting up near Cedar Grove, NC and the ground was dust beneath the grass. Back home now to try my luck in the dust here. IF i can get a partner I may try to go find the rings you missed up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread