The Summer has come to an end...but not before more Spanish Silver!!!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yesterday I was able to get out just once more (baby is due in three weeks and next weekend I am tied up on campus with work) so this was officially it. I almost did not even go, but boy am I glad I did.

I immediately started back at the latest bullet hotspot, and it is still hot. I plucked about 15 or 17 bullets from the spot and then moved on a few yards to where I dug the dime last weekend. After digging half of a beautiful shoe buckle, I hunkered down and began to slowly grid the area. I dug a few small pieces of lead and then BAM a nice solid high-tone on the AT Gold and a few seconds later I was holding a beautiful 1722, 2-reale pistareen. I was a happy guy, and content, but I decided to give it another 30 minutes or so.

A few buttons surfaced along with a few more musket balls and then finally the other half to the shoe buckle, along with pieces of others (I will find you all HA HA) when I decided it was time to head out. I decided to walk back to the bullet spot one last time to dig one more good target. Walking towards my "end point" I suddenly got a nice mixed tone, I immediately thought either bit button or perhaps a piece of silver. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a nice 1 real 1669 cob - my day was complete. The coins cleaned up pretty well after solution bath and quick charge.

During the day I also dug some big lead, the large net weight and super large lead scale weight (both blew my headphones off) had me believing in something amazing until they came out.

In total, I ended up with 22 musket balls, 3 buttons (the small brass one is not a tack, it is a small high-dome button) the shoe buckle, other do dads (pewter spoons, furniture brass) and the two coins.

Well the summer has been good to me and the silver has been plentiful - it will still be there for me next summer - I will find them HA HA. I told Bill this week that it dawned on me when i realized the first silver coin I found this summer was an 1838 seated dime, and I thought last weekend was my last trip and it yielded a 1838 seated time...first and last...glad it did not work out that way as these two make me happy.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    674.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    652 KB · Views: 169
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    430.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1j.JPG
    1j.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 1k.JPG
    1k.JPG
    615.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 1l.JPG
    1l.JPG
    647.8 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 17
OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another heck of a day Dan. You don't see many whole pistareens around here, especially of the 2 reale variety. And that pillar and waves cob is another great indication as to the early occupancy of the site. You've accumulated a huge pile of relics and coins from that site. I'd like to see you need to post a group shot of all your summer finds, or at least do the silver coins. I've lost track you've dug so many this summer. Even if you can't make it back out this fall the site will be waiting for you next summer. Congrats on an unbelievably productive water hunting season.

Thanks man - looking forward to this fall! I think we are in for an amazing year.

HH

Dan

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
That is one AWESOME DAY of digging Dan, CONGRATS on the great looking Spanish Silver and everything else :thumbsup:

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! That's some nice looking silver. Congrats on all the great summer finds. Congrats on the baby!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those finds, I'll find a 1700's swimming hole if its the last thing I do. I love that water hunting, I think it was you in the beginning of the summer that posted about the snake the first time you went to that spot? Day before yesterday when I was on treasure island I had a quite curious water snake. I kept pushing him away from me with my coil, but he wasn't getting the hint. I thought I was going to have to wack him with my scoop. Luck ally he finally turned tail and swam off, glad I didn't have to defend myself. I would love to find a spot like that, I will eventually.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those finds, I'll find a 1700's swimming hole if its the last thing I do. I love that water hunting, I think it was you in the beginning of the summer that posted about the snake the first time you went to that spot? Day before yesterday when I was on treasure island I had a quite curious water snake. I kept pushing him away from me with my coil, but he wasn't getting the hint. I thought I was going to have to wack him with my scoop. Luck ally he finally turned tail and swam off, glad I didn't have to defend myself. I would love to find a spot like that, I will eventually.

Thanks man - the snake site was a different site - I tend to move around to a few, though lately I have been stuck here. I wish you luck on finding your honey hole, it will come I am sure of it!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mam o Man Dan, what a way to rap up the season,congrats and please post some pix of the Baby we he/she make it's appearance.
Good luck ole man.
ZDD

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great end of the summer hunt! Man you dig the silver. Can't wait to find my first 2 reale. Love your finds especially the reale,cob and buckle. Good luck to you and your wife on the expected!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking coin Dan. Congrats on another great outing!!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and awesome pics. Love the Spanish silver and that buckle frame.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks - I will def post up pictures of the last find...it is a little girl so we know that much.

the coins have been plentiful this summer, lets hope it is an indicator to the land hunting with Bill D.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks - I will def post up pictures of the last find...it is a little girl so we know that much.

the coins have been plentiful this summer, lets hope it is an indicator to the land hunting with Bill D.

That little girl is gonna have you wrapped around her finger. There's nothing like it Dan even if you're only going to get 3 hours of sleep every night for the foreseeable future. Bill's gonna find you napping in a trash pit :)

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little girl is gonna have you wrapped around her finger. There's nothing like it Dan even if you're only going to get 3 hours of sleep every night for the foreseeable future. Bill's gonna find you napping in a trash pit :)

Ha ha I will not nap in a trash pit...perhaps in the car on the way to dig or under a shade tree, but if a pit is involved I will be wide awake and slinging dirt ha

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha I will not nap in a trash pit...perhaps in the car on the way to dig or under a shade tree, but if a pit is involved I will be wide awake and slinging dirt ha

And I'll be right there with ya. No more money pits without Bill .... haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread