The things people pay with...

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Another work story is here! Last Tuesday I was working 6pm-12am. Someone paid with a nice crisp 1977 A series $5 note, and I really wanted it, but unfortunately I didn't have the cash in my wallet to swap it out, so away it went as part of change to someone else. A bit later that night around 10pm, a woman pays with a much better note, and there was no way I was letting this onr get away. So I sucked it up and withdrew a $20 from the ATM near the counter and took the $3.25 fee for withdrawing with a grain of salt. :( However! I chatted with my bank about having to use a foreign atm the next day since I remembered something about atm forgiveness and it looks like I'm getting that $3.25 reimbursed! As for the note, here it is... My oldest bill find ever. :icon_thumright:

20160908_144123.jpg

Upvote 0
For those who can't see Its a 1934 A series. Its oretty flimsy, but has no rips/tears. Very happy to grab this! I believe this one is called a lime green seal or something? Not the best when it comes to the very old notes.

Hell yeah man that's awesome! I did the same thing when I worked as a cashier. My favorite find was a 1962 b Barr note. People pay with crazy things!

I was at my local chain coffee shop a while back and at the drive-thru the guy working there gave me my change and made sure to explain that the big coin that he gave me was worth $1. I told him that I knew all about them and that it was fine. It was a 1978 Ike. If I hadn't been in a hurry to get to work and if he had spoken better English, I would have asked if he had any more of them in the drawer. Someone must have needed their caffeine fix REALLY bad that morning.

Hell yeah man that's awesome! I did the same thing when I worked as a cashier. My favorite find was a 1962 b Barr note. People pay with crazy things!

That would be a 1963 B barr note, and I've actually scored two of them in the last couple months from the register. There isn't really a consistent flow to the finds like there was around May/June. It always seems Ill go a few weeks without finding anything but common date wheats and then out of nowhere Ill get a really good find.

My wife was the assistant manager of a Murphy's gas station in front of our Walmart for awhile...early one morning she had a lady come in with a 1950 $5 bill...she noticed it wasn't the same as today's bills and called me....bought it from her ...then a lady came in a week later with a 1934 $5....bought it too...then she called me one morning and a lady had paid for gas and cigs with a Peace dollar....got it too...2 days later same thing again....

I deliver newspapers, l ALWAYS have cash in my pocket to buy odd ball stuff from the cashiers at my stops. Just got a 1928 d 2 dollar bill the other night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back