The TRUE story behind the Oak Island legend... (Finally revelaed)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO... Oak Island Treasure was removed in secrecy long ago.

Probably after its location was compromised.

and if not removed to a better location... was found by pirates / early explorers.

And if not then... by former Pres party.

And if not then... then...

ehhhh IOW... safe to say... long gone folks.

Too many people knew then lore / story for it to have remained.

PS... Suggested depth of what treasure seekers of tday AND in lore... was AND is ABSURD.

Example of a bad fish story.

No one in their right mind would bury anything at that depth.

And I say this with extreme confidence... based on the fact... NONE HAS EVER... been buried OR found at that extreme depth.

To bury something at that depth would require a mass of men and a time schedule that brings the whole story into a realm of fiction.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove my theory...

One just has to look at the GREAT lengths required to just look for it,,, let alone build / bury it.

Imagination can be a powerful gift...

And a burden.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not if it was more than money and caused the British to burn the White House and the US Capitol trying to find it.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not if it was more than money and caused the British to burn the White House and the US Capitol trying to find it.

What in the world?:BangHead:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To protect a treasure FOREVER... IF this was the reason / theory of the elaborate "plan" or construction...

one would only need to toss overboard in the deep water off the island.

IF... repeat IF... a masterminded plan was conceived to protect a treasure on an island ... in a pit with a booby trap... To protect for later retrieval...
One would choose a better location than this... and a plan to protect it long term... than this island.

Any person(s) involved in the depositing of a said treasure... which one would assume a "group" of men...
would have had to have been either buried WITH the treasure OR died with details and or information pertaining to the event.

To keep a secret of a treasure of this magnitude would have required ALL / EVERY person involved to have sewn their lips shut or died without discloser.
IF... treasure was buried and story is in fact true...

Loose lips would have sunk that ship long ago.

Therefore... retrieval would have been eminent.

Every person involved would have had to been well off enough... and trusted enough... to have no need of saying a word to anyone... even in conversation.

A whole lotta lips to watch... over a whole lotta rough times.

And has anyone thought...

perhaps Indiana Jones located the treasure before anyone else :P~~~~

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is common history anyone can google on the Internet but it is not the answer I am looking for?

I have no doubt you had some "enlightened" version and anticipated that much.

But that is what is recorded in the minutes of Congress and related by those who were present at the time. No doubt you have Shakespeare/Bacon's hidden coded message or a clue from a collection of the arborglyph initials inside the hearts in Central Park.

What I can't connect is all this to Oak Island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you (Franklin) spent over 40 hours watching and rewatching his videos and read two of his books, and are 100% convinced that his theory on Francis Bacon placing ciphers in Shakespeare's works is true, why are you avoiding answering the proposed question concerning means, motive, and opportunity and then how, when, and where?

Instead you reply with a question about how the "eagle" became our national bird which has nothing whatsoever to do with this discussion to avoid answering an important question that concerns the very basis of Petter Amundsen's Bacon/Shakespeare cipher theory and what you are 100% convinced is true.

Could it be that realization has set in that there is no way Francis Bacon could have placed hidden ciphers in the Bard's works due to access and the printing practices of that time rendering Amundsen's theory a worthless bubble.

You were mistaken after all about Shakespeare not being able to sign his name.
Now that we have discussed eagles and talked turkey, let us return to the means, motive, and opportunity of Francis Bacon placing hidden ciphers in Shakespeare's works, AND how with the limited printing practices of the 1600's Bacon was able to do it, then where (doesn't seem that Heminges, Condell, Blount, or the Jaggards gave Bacon access to the works), and when.

If this can not be established by documented outside collaboration, then Amundsen's claim of discovering Bacon's hidden cipher messages in the works of Shakespeare is far from 100% correct, more like a 100% creative fabricated fantasy to profit from the gullible who are willing to believe any and all conspiracy theories, the more outlandish and improbable, the better.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course there is an ARC.

As far as the box... somewhere in a Tibetan Monastery.

Was that on one of Josh Gates specials? I think I remember that.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's one in Ethopia.

One in a concealed cave on Mt. Nebo.

One may have been captured by the Babylonians; or hidden under the Temple Mount, or even Golgotha Hill (some guy claimed to have found it there in 1982 but failed to produce it and was kicked out).

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
There's one in Ethopia.

One in a concealed cave on Mt. Nebo.

One may have been captured by the Babylonians; or hidden under the Temple Mount, or even Golgotha Hill (some guy claimed to have found it there in 1982 but failed to produce it and was kicked out).

Its likely in heaven as that was the last place it was recorded to be..... Revelations.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
That is common history anyone can google on the Internet but it is not the answer I am looking for?

The internet makes the concept of trivia silly, but I'm going to shoot from the hip on this one, and then I'm going to look it up.

Why the eagle? It seemed less ridiculous than the original suggestion - the turkey, as put forth by Ben Franklin. Ben didn't want a scavenger representing our country.

Now I'm going to look this up. Aaaaaaaaaaaand - it's not true. Fake news. The sad thing is, I seem to remember being taught this as a fact in 5th or 6th grade history class, but those were the same jokers that told me that Columbus was the first European to the New World. I really should spend some time fact-checking more of the crap that I was taught as a child, as a lot of it seems to be wrong, and was known to be wrong at the time.

American education, ladies and gentlemen. Don't blame Common Core. It was already screwed up long before that. (And if the tone of this post makes it sound as if I'm pissed off, I am. The very concept of a professional educator - one who educates - presenting a verifiable falsehood to an impressionable child as if it is a fact pisses me off. I was pissed off when I learned about Leif Erickson, and I'm pissed off now.)

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaaaaaaaaaand - it's not true. Fake news. The sad thing is, I seem to remember being taught this as a fact in 5th or 6th grade history class, but those were the same jokers that told me that Columbus was the first European to the New World. I really should spend some time fact-checking more of the crap that I was taught as a child, as a lot of it seems to be wrong, and was known to be wrong at the time.
Have you ever seen the BBC comedy panel show called "QI" (Quite Interesting) originally hosted by Stephen Fry and now Sandi Toksvig. What is shows is many things we thought were facts or were taught as kids are not true.... Great show..

Last edited:

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Shakespeare could not write... Have you seen any thing written by Shakespeare? ... no documents no scrap papers with anything signed by him.

You’re arguing that absence of proof is proof of absence, but that's a very common fallacy on this forum.

You tell me why the "eagle" is our National Bird or Symbol, then I may answer your questions but not until you give me the correct answer I am looking for.

However, given that you want us to believe that lack of evidence is evidence of lack, if you don’t provide the answer to this question can we take it that you don’t know it?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The internet makes the concept of trivia silly, but I'm going to shoot from the hip on this one, and then I'm going to look it up.

Why the eagle? It seemed less ridiculous than the original suggestion - the turkey, as put forth by Ben Franklin. Ben didn't want a scavenger representing our country.

Now I'm going to look this up. Aaaaaaaaaaaand - it's not true. Fake news. The sad thing is, I seem to remember being taught this as a fact in 5th or 6th grade history class, but those were the same jokers that told me that Columbus was the first European to the New World. I really should spend some time fact-checking more of the crap that I was taught as a child, as a lot of it seems to be wrong, and was known to be wrong at the time.

American education, ladies and gentlemen. Don't blame Common Core. It was already screwed up long before that. (And if the tone of this post makes it sound as if I'm pissed off, I am. The very concept of a professional educator - one who educates - presenting a verifiable falsehood to an impressionable child as if it is a fact pisses me off. I was pissed off when I learned about Leif Erickson, and I'm pissed off now.)

Really sad the way education is today. Educators and teachers do not know the truth so they are left repeating the same false history over and over. And yet we do not get educated. About like the blind leading the blind. Everything that is taught in school has been proven to be not true. So why do they keep repeating it over and over. Just like treasure stories, you can prove them wrong and lay the facts out there yet the stories keep getting repeated.

Secrets that would astound the World are out there but you have to dig deep for them, you have to get past your personal believes, your religious beliefs and about everything you have been taught in school to find the TRUTH. I have found the TRUTH and sure is satisfaction enough without any monetary gain whatsoever.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its likely in heaven as that was the last place it was recorded to be..... Revelations.

That was just some John's "vision". Falls under the came category as some of the other "knowns" thrown about here.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Really sad the way education is today.
Educators and teachers do not know the truth so they are left repeating the same false history over and over...
Everything that is taught in school has been proven to be not true...
Would you please cite examples of this "false history" and "everything" taught that has been "proven wrong", and who has proven it wrong.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Secrets that would astound the World are out there but you have to dig deep for them, you have to get past your personal believes, your religious beliefs and about everything you have been taught in school to find the TRUTH. I have found the TRUTH and sure is satisfaction enough without any monetary gain whatsoever.

And what is the TRUTH, as it pertains to Oak Island?

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
That was just some John's "vision". Falls under the came category as some of the other "knowns" thrown about here.

No it does not.... This vision and the fact that this book and description has been published more than any publication known to man gives it precedence beyond the scope of anything written on this forum. Not here to argue only stating facts and where it was last reported to be.

Whether you believe the word of GOD or not is entirely up to you. I for one believe, but would love to see the ark found on earth, it would mean a great deal to Israel and believers if the Ten commandments where found on earth written in stone by the hand of GOD. There are treasures much greater than the monetary wealth of the world.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting for the "b" movie to come out on netflix, starring billy zane.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread