The truth about the Lake Combie mercury removal hoax

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sierra Fund and other parties including our government are being misled into thinking that dredging out Lake Combie is to rid it of the mercury in this sediment that is clogging the lake. The fact in truth is that this is just a ploy to get the government to pay the $5,000,000.00 price tag by trying to label it as hazardous mercury removal. But the mercury settles out where the river drops its faster current at the beginning of the first pond which is far upstream from where NID and the surrounding home owners actually want to have the sediment removed. This sediment was removed every year until an environmental group stopped the restorative dredging that took place up until 2002 when their injunction went through. And we all need to realize that this dam was put in originally as a sediment dam to keep the sediment from the 1800's hydraulic fields from clogging up the Sacramento River Delta. So since the time that the lake was built, it has been filling with sediment, which is its purpose. But this particular sediment pile is not mercury laden as they have labeled it. In fact it has very little mercury in it at all. But they want this sediment removed for themselves and it really has nothing to do with mercury. So these people filed for a $5,000,000.00 grant to get the sediment removed for them by the government for free. This is wrong and must be against the law. I noticed this months ago and spoke to some individuals about it and now that summer is here, I am releasing this movie for the sake of everyone to help us stop this theft of our tax payers money. It has been halted in the government for further review and hopefully this movie will clarify the truth about mercury and how it travels in a river. I have sent the link to this movie to to our Commander in Chief Barack Obama, our Governor Jerry Brown, our Congerssman Tom McClintock, our Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Please pass the word to everyone involved in this hoax.
Reed Lukens

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding Reed. Way to shine the light on these bottom feeders.

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should let the lake fill with sediment, or remove the dam.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They should let the lake fill with sediment, or remove the dam.

...or the rich homeowners could pool their funds to pay for the work since they are the ones who will benefit.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again the rich are trying to get the people to pay the bill for something that will only benefit them. I'm glad to see that they've been caught trying to defraud the government and the people. Now... Those that thought of this little scam need to be charged, tried, fined and jailed) for their actions so others don't get the same idea. I'd say about $5,000,000 EACH ought to do it for the fines.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually in the past Nevada Irriigation district kept it dredged, but the enviors sued and stopped them from removing the sediment in 2002. NID wants it open so they can move more water and generate more power and $. This mercury farce is being used to get the lake cleared of sediment by paying off the green nazis under the guise of removing mercury... and the taxpayer will be saddled with the huge 10 million dollar price tag. This is the Sierra Funds way to stop whatever they dislike and then extort money from taxpayers to go after other projects they don't like.

Once again the rich are trying to get the people to pay the bill for something that will only benefit them. I'm glad to see that they've been caught trying to defraud the government and the people. Now... Those that thought of this little scam need to be charged, tried, fined and jailed) for their actions so others don't get the same idea. I'd say about $5,000,000 EACH ought to do it for the fines.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the Sierra fund running our government?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, au - they've spent over 50 mil of your money already and have their hands in the cookie jar(clean water funding) for millions more. They take 15% of
all grants for "admin". Meanwhile, 2,000 kids in their backyard go undernourished in summer:

1,856 Children in Nevada County Fall into the Summer Nutrition Gap

They spent 1.3 million on an "extension" last year to the Tribute hiking trail in Nevada City, and are now spending 230,000 dollars to "study" mercury contamination at Malakoff S.P.
This is being done while state park funds are drying up to do basic maintenance at Malakoff.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too bad they killed all the salmon with their cash register dams.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you are a hydrologist, I can see your perspective - but now your talking a whole different controversial thread!

Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok I guess I have to chime in lol, 2grams per ton recovery rate via centrifuge filters x 200,000 tons material, that's 12,500 ounces at $12-1400 per ounce that's 15-17.5 million dollars in gold retrieved. I think 2 grams per ton is conservative because they're getting close to 100% recovery. It seems they do fail to mention all the gold for some reason in their report. Do the guys that change the filters at the plant just take out pounds of gold and the people who wrote the project proposal have no idea it's gold country?http://nidwater.com/conservation/mercury-removal-project/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread