THE WEATHER THREAD - Whats your weather like where you are today ?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Gotta be inventive in this life! Heavy duty long tow chain works well
Thanks Msbeepbeep, LOL. Just call me McGyver Girl :laughing7: or as the neighbor refers to me: Amoeba Woman. :tongue3:

I actually had 60, 70 something lbs. of load chain. I could never lift it all, we can't use it on another job, so I made the Mr take it to the scrap man, last trip. :BangHead: I sure coulda used it today! :laughing7:
Winds died down, I'll get a carpenter next week or so. :dontknow:
Everyone pls be safe out there! :cat:

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
DSC01865.jpg DSC01865.jpg

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pouring rain, mid to upper 50's in central Lewis County Washington. Been wet for a couple weeks.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat-tekker-cat, I don't know what the neighbors call me...probably not printable! Lol!
That wind was nasty!
All said and done, we got 6" of snow, Cape Cod got 15".
And the ski areas to the north got nada this go-round.

I'm shocked the city has plowed and sanded our street!
Last snow fall was 4 1/2" and nobody came. Had to call them, then the sander flew up our street with the sander "off", guess it was just for moral support lol! That's why we have an F-150, 4X4.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was the hardest storm I ever had to clear and I am not finished yet. It's hard to determine exactly how much we got. We have five foot drifts and as little as 18" in other spots. I'm guessing 30". And once I finish the plow will snow me back in.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the hardest storm I ever had to clear and I am not finished yet. It's hard to determine exactly how much we got. We have five foot drifts and as little as 18" in other spots. I'm guessing 30". And once I finish the plow will snow me back in.

Ya, unfortunately it's the gift that keeps on giving!

MercerDigger

Greenie
Jan 16, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro

Coils
5x8
8.5x11
2 NEL Storm's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in NW Pa we missed the blizzard and we suppose to be in 40s for 4 days this week 2 of the days almost 50 so I am hoping that it will thaw the ground just enough to dig lol. though there is another system suppose to be forming I am hoping it stays south and east of us again.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after the warmer day yesterday here in Middle TN. I was able to drive off this high ridge. But that 1 mile trip down isn't for the faint hearted. Go off the left on the way down and it's just a deep ditch. But, go off to the right and you better have a loaf of bread and a box of matches with ya! Coming back up was tricky also... If I hadn't have had a lot of experience (MI. driving 38 yrs.) I wouldn't have made it. It's a nail biter...! My little front wheel drive Cobalt was work'in hard.

Besides... The playoffs were coming on in a couple of hours and I WAS OUT OF BEER!!!! :BangHead: A mans got to do what we just GOT to do. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the view from the top of my court as of this morning. The snow at the bottom is three feet deep. My neighbors and my family cleared the apron but no one is getting out of here until they plow or otherwise remove the snow.

snow.JPG

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend asked me on Friday if I was ready for the storm. I told him my generator wouldn't start and my snow blower wasn't running right but I was stocked up on beer, so yes, I was ready.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the snow is like that, it's good to have a neighbor with a front end loader!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just finished using every snow blower on the court and cleared a car sized path to the main street.. I'm FREE!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just finished using every snow blower on the court and cleared a car sized path to the main street.. I'm FREE!!!

.....that's about how wide The city plow clears our street, a single lane, when there's a lot of snow.
Of course they make 6 trips up and down when we get a couple of inches, plus salt it. :D

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if they will shovel you out so you can go on a beer run, that'll work!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broken Clouds
63°F
Feels Like
63°F
Humidity: 100%
Wind Speed: 0mph
Wind Direction: NA
Dew Point: 63°
Visibility: 10mi
Today: Cloudy this morning with thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 72F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Tonight: Showers this evening becoming a steady light rain overnight. Low 61F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week day time temps in the 40's partly sunny, except Friday we may have some rain/snow, and Sunday is the pick of the week! :D

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh... Welp... ehhhh...

I don't want to really post...
For I know that many on Tnet are buried in snow or so cold they cant go outside.

But yesterday...
I had nothing but a pair of shorts and tennis shoes on... All day.
And today will be hotter.
low to mid 80's today.
Tomorrow looks the same.

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well let's see. Sunday night we had about 4 hours of sandblasting with gusts up to 50 mph followed by a
high pressure rinse of a tenth of an inch rain at the same speed. Rained and tried to snow all day monday.
38 and falling right now, not a cloud in sight. Should be snow on the 4 Peaks and the Supers.
Be back up to 80 next week, I hope.

AJones

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, several days this first week in February was T-shirt weather here in s.e. Mass!....I'm love'n it!!!
We will get rain tomorrow, just good'ole rain!
Still have a chance to dig! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread