The Wedge-del,pa,and maryland boarder GOLD COINS Treasure

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested in any info on buried gold coins cache in the wedge area. I know the area was a haven for gangs and such, this would be near the tri state boundery marker area. Possibly a payroal or a robbery that would have been in the tri state areas. I have heard a rumor from the area and was wondering if it ties to any known missing gold treasure. thanks and good hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Interested in any info on buried gold coins cache in the wedge area. I know the area was a haven for gangs and such, this would be near the tri state boundery marker area. Possibly a payroal or a robbery that would have been in the tri state areas. I have heard a rumor from the area and was wondering if it ties to any known missing gold treasure. thanks and good hunting
ANOTHER thing to consider... depending on the dates; PIRATES with a NEW "Enterprise" of counterfeiting "pure" GOLD coins for the COLONIES of the "Wedge"; EASY access from the Atlantic Ocean. In fact, I think THAT is what the Jonathan Swift stories are all about; MAINLY Silver...? LOOTED Spanish GOLD into COINS! HA! :laughing7:

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trouble with this type legends you have to be more specific with details. Otherwise one ends up chasing your tail. It might pay for to search local historic newspapers in your area.

Kanacki

OP
OP
JrMack

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to do a search, not much luck-the rumored cached would have been minted 20 dollar gold pieces that were found in that area, still in privet hands. Not knowing enough of the history of possible civil war troop movements and such in the era of the coins its hard to pin down any missing payrole or hoard! Help with this would be appreciated. they were supposedly found in a leather bag from a field that was plowed up around 25-50 years ago according to a family source.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have tried to do a search, not much luck-the rumored cached would have been minted 20 dollar gold pieces that were found in that area, still in privet hands. Not knowing enough of the history of possible civil war troop movements and such in the era of the coins its hard to pin down any missing payrole or hoard! Help with this would be appreciated. they were supposedly found in a leather bag from a field that was plowed up around 25-50 years ago according to a family source.
That far NORTH, sounds like BRIT Revolutionary Caches... "google" LOST Brit Payroll caches in "The WEDGE" States; there are SOME in Virginia...

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Wedge is here in my backyard almost, lol. Most of it is in White Clay Park Preserve and Fair Hill Natural Resource Area, and is off limits to Metal Detecting. It is in a slightly hilly area, with Delaware being flat as a record album, it would make a good hiding spot to lay low for outlaws.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread