Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As usual, the wife starts out with "Let the Butt kicking Begin!" as she jumps out of the truck to hunt. It was pretty slow as we worked our way through an area that we had hit pretty hard before. We keep hoping that the owners will cut the rest of the property but no go so far. So we started bumping into the edge of the taller grass in the trees. Finally, we both were tiring and began moving through the actual trees, looking for places where the grass had lain down somewhat. We were actually discussing whether to leave or not and there was a high signal in a low spot. She dug and flipped the first dirt out and then dug a little deeper. This time, the flash of big silver was seen as the dirt rolled over. Her eyes were huge as she first looked up at me and then grabbed at the silver. She was gripping it with a death grip as I kept asking what is it? She was afraid to look in fear it wasn't real. So, finally she opened her hand and it was a 1954 Franklin, her 1st big silver of any kind and our 1st Franklin. Then a little bit later, she dug the horseshoe which she loves. Then she dug some clad and then got excited for a moment but then said something about it just being another nickle. Later, while in the truck, she was showing me her finds and I asked about the shiny nickle but she just blew it off as she stared at ole Frank. So I picked it up and wiped the dirt off and could see that it was a 43 War nickle. So, her 1st double silver day plus with big silver! Me, well, it is what it is, a butt kicking for sure but I am okay with that. The smiles, the eyes and the excitement in her voice was worth it. Oh yeah, almost forgot, she found a 1920 wheatie too. This was her first hunt of the year and she is very excited. the permission keeps rocking!

Attachments

• 20180128_163022.jpg
    20180128_163022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 20180128_163030.jpg
    20180128_163030.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • 20180128_163044.jpg
    20180128_163044.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
  • 20180129_173231.jpg
    20180129_173231.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 38

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OLd Ben is still alluding Me. Congrats!!!

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I'm a sucker for horse shoes. Love hangin those things everywhere. Of course, the silver is great too!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet Ben gave her a great feeling today and she banked some bragging rights. Congrats to the both of you for a great hunt.

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta watch out when she can pick up men like that. Haha. Great finds. Congrats!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
she gets nervous around the trees, too many bad problems with the poison oak but in the winter, the leaves are gone so she tends to forget. A lot of people get the Virginia Creeper mixed up with the poison oak. This is from last evening and she is still basking in the big silver LOL

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEN FRANK SAID,QUALITY TIME IS EVEN A BETTER FIND.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEN FRANK SAID,QUALITY TIME IS EVEN A BETTER FIND.

Yeah, I agree. I get to do a lot of things with my best friend who also happens to be my wife. So we get to laugh together and even cry together. we are both very competitive with each other and yet are very conscious of the other's doings. it is so wonderful to be able to share so much time with each other. we also work together as a team in just getting by, I do things that she struggles with and she for me. I am just as excited as she is on a find and her for me. this was her 1st hunt for the year and she is excited to go back again.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so awesome!!:icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great time and finds! :occasion14:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic finds! Worth a kick in the butt for sure! :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell her I said 'congrats'.

Now that's what I call a spanking!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big silver has a way of waking you up, the 1st big silver is usually met up with disbelief as your mind races with "Is it real?" Then you suddenly realize that not only is it real but it is yours. Then it is what kind and how old? You hope for a readable date as you wipe the dirt away. your hand trembles with excitement as you close your eyes and open them again to make sure that you are not dreaming. Big silver takes you to the next level in detecting and totally lifts your confidence. Suddenly you have joined the big silver club and now are eager for another. Big silver equals big smile. I hope you find one soon, my wife is still talking about hers. DL

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's awesome! Congrats to her on some great finds! So cool she loves the horse shoe as much as the coins and if you're gonna get a butt kickin, best that it's from your wife! Keep it up and good luck to ya both!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver coin.
Tell her well done.

jerr-man

Jun 28, 2014
S E Kansas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / XP DEUS / TRX PINPOINTER, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on all your Great finds, but CONGRATULATIONS on the BIG SILVER. WTG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread