spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you need to add is a disclaimer on that page like I have in my posts :laughing9:

Some forum you have there Sparky, where you decide by censorship what topic you may deem negative :laughing7:

As far as returning identifiable jewelry, yup, I'm for that. Now take into consideration that most of those items are found in beaches and parks, public places... So I don't think I'll need an invite to return :laughing7:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this fits

Attachments

• bmf.jpg
    bmf.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 909

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks less like their ethics and more like them trying to appease angry viewers.

And the part about "Running out of Treasure" is laughable. People are fully aware that coins/jewelry are being dropped all the time. That's not the argument. And it's amazing how blind they are to that. There is a finite amount of OLD targets still left in the ground. They are being found every day and none of them are being replenished. That's the issue many people have. Most people have no interest in digging more zinc pennies.

I could nitpick the rest of that joke, but I will stop now. They are just trying to cover their rear ends.

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day? sure we wouldnt want to find a zinc penny or state hood quarter but im sure that 100 years from now they will be calling it juice in the hole. You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment. Try watching a fishing show where the fisherman sits on the bank for 22 minutes and catches 1 fish at the end of the show, that would be your kind of fishing show im sure. The ethics was presented so that you and the Archies who dont understand the TV making process could see that we are in fact ethical diggers, just couldnt show all that boering crap on the show.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
montanagold

I and others do understand this is a "SHOW".

That I like it, No. I understand the trouble it and the other one will cause thouse that do no do "SHOWS".

You did what you could and I thank you for it. Hey just a blurb at the ends of time for what you got, a pic of the trash, and again a log of were the items were found. A GPS is easy to use. Fixes them archeologist types.
Wont stop em, yet will give them less to bitch about. Besides GPS coords do proved the location and there fore the history of the item to a place.

Good luck and expect people not like the show. Do not expect the rhetoric to tone down. It is a by product of such shows.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day?

Hey Sparky, where did you go to school :dontknow: No one here said that items are not being lost everyday, rather the opposite :laughing7: I guess you deem any criticism negative, that is a sorry tact to take :laughing7:

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its all good, a 10 year old dime in the ground will be 10 years and 1 day old tomarrow.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment.

LOL!!!! That's funny right thar! The NatGeo channel couldn't drum up 4 million viewers if they showed the Super Bowl!! It warms my heart to see your true colors finally. Proper digging = crap, ethics = crap. Gotcha sparky!

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only color I see is green, from you and a few others. :o)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have to send your detector in for repairs there Sparky. I have no envy whatsoever, however, I do have a keen eye for foolishness :tongue3:

Like I said in countless posts, I wish your show well, but I personally could care less about. Again, that is just my opinion, nothing negative there, I just have no interest. :laughing7:

I like to sit on the sidelines and just make my observations, which by the way, are spot on :headbang: :tongue3:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day? sure we wouldnt want to find a zinc penny or state hood quarter but im sure that 100 years from now they will be calling it juice in the hole. You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment. Try watching a fishing show where the fisherman sits on the bank for 22 minutes and catches 1 fish at the end of the show, that would be your kind of fishing show im sure. The ethics was presented so that you and the Archies who dont understand the TV making process could see that we are in fact ethical diggers, just couldnt show all that boering crap on the show.

I'm ignernt? Is that some more of your Montana slang for us to enjoy? Are we getting a special preview of what might be in future episodes?

100 years from now, there won't be any 100 year old zincs in the ground. They barely make it 10-20 years in many areas. Also, I will not be alive in 100 years. And If I am that lucky, I won't be capable of digging in the dirt and swinging a metal detector, so I don't understand your argument here. Old coin / relic finds are finite. They are NOT being replenished. It's amazing that you can't seem to grasp that simple concept.

You posted a link to your ethics. And I argued that it was a link that is more about covering your tail than it is about ethics. But yes, I would like to see you guys learn how to dig a proper plug. That wouldn't hurt anybody, now would it? You don't even need to talk about it for all I care. Just show it happening over and over.

I couldn't watch any fishing show period. Yawn.

But instead of making consistent logical arguments on here, you just get extremely defensive.

Also, I'm sure that 100 years from now, there STILL won't be anybody calling it juice in the hole.

What entertainment did you show in your show? Riding a bike on a pier? Licking a jellyfish? These all had to be added to the show because instead of creating a show about two guys who are competent at metal detecting, they found you guys. Instead of showing cool finds, they got stuck with toothpaste tubes.

And how did they get stuck with you guys? Because when they contacted people like me and my friend, we turned them down. We were constantly getting contacted by various TV producers wanting to do a show, as many others on this site and others have been contacted over the past few years. We were the bigger men and did what was right for the hobby, not our bank accounts. We do this for FUN, not for profit.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
montanagold said:
Only color I see is green, from you and a few others. :o)

Well you will be told that by producers etc. It aint green they see. It trouble on the horizon coming their way. Plain and simple. If you have not read the statements from the archeological community, you should.
The aspect that relics and artifacts are a NON renewable resource is simple. They dont make that particular coin any more, or that real arrowhead, and so on. If such is attached to a historic place and you remove it without recording its location, it becomes an art form for value.
With the information attached a worthless relic or artifact can have more value. You have already encountered this by the methods of what they say the junk is worth. A casing for a buck etc.

Your statements show ignorance. Yes new stuff will be lost, yet it is not the same as what you are digging up today.

Your show might want to invest in a public relations person. You are not doing so well in that department.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only ones worried about digging techniques are detectorist. The average viewer didnt even notice. Thanks to all the talk going on about this show, it wil deffinetly become a series.

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its just a constant battle. A few people hate the lingo a few hate the not showing filled holes a few think we are looters and so on. When I was talking about things being replinished of course I know that Barbs and other cool coins to us wont be around forever but 100 years from now a sheild penny might be worth finding so I feel that history is being replinished and all detectors say that no site is hunted out but here we are trying to say that, I love talking babout this and the only reason I become defensive and start throwing words out like ignernt and yes it was intentional is because some people make statements that seem so closed minded towards us. Yes most have been very supportive but there has been a few who want to make a stink, Mostly Archies who want it all to them selves They are even suggesting that we hire an Archie to follow us around, We thought that might be a good idea then we could punk him alott and throw priceless tin cans that we dig up at him. Or is that to childish?
We will se how the season goes since we are not big men.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show and Im not ashamed to say it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your show just happened to get aired at most inopportune time. The battle between the different effected parties is reaching its peak in this country and so it is very understandable why it is being aggressively attacked from both sides. Unfortunately for you, this isn’t going to be a battleground that you can avoid because you have placed yourself smack in the middle of it in the LOUDEST of ways. Everything you do on your show "is going to be scrutinized" and used against it, there is no way you can avoid this. You should have been fully aware of this fact long before you decided to do the show, and you most certainly should be aware of it now. The archeological community is desperately searching for any villain and black spot they can find and your show "is going to be a prime picking patch for them" because its upclose and center. Do something to appease them and it will only serve in upsetting the hobbyist community more, not to mention that it will also open the door for more archeological influence governing your show. Simply put, you blindly jumped right into the heart of a very heated and vicious battleground and unknowingly screamed, "screw you" to both sides. You think it's bad now, wait until they start turning up the pressure....and they will....you can count on it. This ongoing battle is too important to lose for either side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions